text_key_ ???

JMLOng

Chieftain
My game is doing some weird things. A lot of the text in the game is showing text_key_ before the actual description of what should be there... Tried validating game cache on steam and 2 fails were reacquired but the weird text is still there.

On the main menu the Options and Other buttons look like text_key_options and text_key_other. There's many other examples of things like this throughout the menus and in game.

Anyone else having this problem???

Deleted the Text folder in Steam/Steamapps/common/sidmeierscivilization5 and reacquired game cache. The problem is still there.

Can't seem to find my GK subfolder though. And I do have gods and kings.

Hmm I have literally deleted like 20 folders named Text under all the DLC's form DLC01 to DLC06 to DLC_Expansion etc. But I'm still not solving the issue...

I think I found every folder I can find labelled text but still the weird coding text is there. When I validate on steam it is reacquiring 1128 files.

Any other ideas?

Only reinstalling.
The problem is that the game cannot find some part of the text.
Therefore it displays the internal entries.
If you validated the files, everything which is broken should have been redownloaded. Especially after you deleted the folders.
But obviously it isn't. Therefore you need the sledgehammer method, and get rid of everything, and have some luck with the next installation.

Top Bottom