The Crusades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't make me laugh. She was his favourite wife of which he had many; more than avergae muslims are allowed in fact. "They did not consumate their marriage until later:" Care to share when? I wonder why it slipped your mind. He was 57 and she was 9 when it was consumated... yes... very justified...

Caligula married his niee. Therefore all romans are sick. Judging old cultures in a modern since to bash the modern day culture that descendes from the old one is so incredibly oboxious. I could critize plenty of ancient christians but that wouldn't make the religion bad.

Caligula married his niee. Therefore all romans are sick.

That would be true if the entire Roman society was based on the actions of Caligula.

That would be true if the entire Roman society was based on the actions of Caligula.
Yeah; Caligula didn't found a major world religion and isn't seen as a great and glorious leader. He was pretty much just fit for the nuthouse.

What "mainland"? Africa is a continent. If you want examples of African empires that expanded beyond their core "tribes" and conquered enormous areas, then Mali, Songhai, and Kanem-Bornu are obvious examples that leap to mind.

Rome expanded into Africa, as did Greece, as did Persia etc.... I was talking about Africa expanding out for significant periods (and I mean real Africans not Arabs.) I am aware that Africa is a continent...

So are women of other religions. Seriously, violence against women is pretty much universal why single out Islam?

Not condoning violence against women of course. Personally I believe such people should be punish very severely.

"why single out Islam?" Because thou shalt beat thine wife isn't a commandment to christians, but Muslims are instructed to in the Koran.

Caligula married his niee. Therefore all romans are sick. Judging old cultures in a modern since to bash the modern day culture that descendes from the old one is so incredibly oboxious. I could critize plenty of ancient christians but that wouldn't make the religion bad.

Caligula is not my equivalent of Jesus, nore is he the equivalent to billions of other people.

I'm pretty sure there were many records but the Spanish whiped them out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_literature#Prehispanic_oral_tradition\

"why single out Islam?" Because thou shalt beat thine wife isn't a commandment to christians, but Muslims are instructed to in the Koran.

So....My Muslim Malay Teacher is being beaten up by her husband, my Muslim friends hear the screams of their mother being beaten up every night, My Muslim neighbour beats his wife harshly, that 6-year old muslim boy i saw on the bus today is going to beat up his future wife....Strange I dont hear any screaming.

Oh no! We have to Single out Islam and destoy it because there must be like no moderate form of it! Unlike the Christian Moderation!

aryann said:
Rome expanded into Africa, as did Greece, as did Persia etc.... I was talking about Africa expanding out for significant periods (and I mean real Africans not Arabs.) I am aware that Africa is a continent...

Ancient Egypt, Berber Muslims (actually ruled southern Spain for a while).

Intercontinental expansion isn't a great measurement of how advanced a civilisation is. Also, Rome and Greece are already geographically close to Africa.

aryann said:

Well I suggest you re-read the Koran again because AFAIK there is no section that says "thou shalt beat your wives" just for the hell of it.

All Muslims are wife-beating, crazy terrorists, all Jews are evil capitalist warmongers, all Westerners are immoral, sex-obsessed consumerists, all Chinese are corrupt, infanticidal, ignorant, Mao-loving peasants, all Japanese are whale-hunting racist bigots, etc. These sorts of thinking is what causes the various world wars and the genocides. If we want to live in a global community then these sorts of thinking have to go.

Egypt? Carthage? That kind of examples?

Sheesh I said real Africans not ex-Greek colonies (Carthage.)
And mummies in Egypt have been found with ginger hair. It is disputeable as to whether they were white let alone black. They are a kind of mixture, but they certainly were never black.

Even if they were black, (they weren't) they didn't expand much, they're more cultural, like Greeks, (but Alexander the great changes this... anyway the kind of thing I'm saying is that Egypt didn't invade Greece but the opposite was true.) I may be wrong here.

Anyways black people get no vitamins from the sun where whites do but they get no/less skin cancer. This isn't superior or inferior, it is an adaptation. There is nothing to suggest mental differences are not caried past the physical differences, but having said this, thre is nothing to indicate that any mental differences are different or bigger than the physcal ones, so any differences can not be made the foundation of any social policies. I'm the only person I know with this neutral view, not far-right or far-left indoctrinated, balanced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_literature#Prehispanic_oral_tradition\

So....My Muslim Malay Teacher is being beaten up by her husband, my Muslim friends hear the screams of their mother being beaten up every night, My Muslim neighbour beats his wife harshly, that 6-year old muslim boy i saw on the bus today is going to beat up his future wife....Strange I dont hear any screaming.

Oh no! We have to Single out Islam and destoy it because there must be like no moderate form of it! Unlike the Christian Moderation!

I was talking pre-Columbian records, they were kept, but most were destroyed.

Every society has its wife beaters, its murderers, its artists, its great and bad people, it is the levels of them that get people a reputation and rightfully so.

Ancient Egypt, Berber Muslims (actually ruled southern Spain for a while).

Intercontinental expansion isn't a great measurement of how advanced a civilisation is. Also, Rome and Greece are already geographically close to Africa.

Well I suggest you re-read the Koran again because AFAIK there is no section that says "thou shalt beat your wives" just for the hell of it.

All Muslims are wife-beating, crazy terrorists, all Jews are evil capitalist warmongers, all Westerners are immoral, sex-obsessed consumerists, all Chinese are corrupt, infanticidal, ignorant, Mao-loving peasants, all Japanese are whale-hunting racist bigots, etc. These sorts of thinking is what causes the various world wars and the genocides. If we want to live in a global community then these sorts of thinking have to go.

I know about Spain, I'm half Spanish, and I also realise how we pioneered the slave trade of real blacks. Not a good thing but shows the difference between the "backs" occupying us and the real ones that were our slaves at the very same time.

Like I said to someone else, levels of certain people give reputations, not all Jews are bankers but I was able to guess, without any background knowledge, that the new richest man was a Jew. I'm rarely wrong on stuff like this. They have disproportionate power. It is undeniable here in Britain to say Indian’s don't own most coronerships by pulling together as a family since you see them behind the counter. Not all Indians are shop owners. You can't see the Jews though because they are behind the signatures and the important treaties. They control so much of our private/public sectors that they could hold us to ransom for any Israel-related cause. The holocaust is their ultimate defence, they are now untouchable. Belgium is giving survivors millions even now, what about the holodomor survivors?

Multiculturalism is antidiversity and liberals are the real racists. I'd be happy to elaborate if you so wish.

Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslims.

I actualy sympathise with the pissed Muslims out there hugely, I just feel like angering the people here who defend some of the stone age religious aspects of Islam I disagree with.

Most Muslims are not terrorists but most terrorists are Muslims.
And of those Muslims who are terrorists most are not terrorists because they are Muslim.

Sheesh I said real Africans not ex-Greek colonies (Carthage.)
And mummies in Egypt have been found with ginger hair. It is disputeable as to whether they were white let alone black. They are a kind of mixture, but they certainly were never black.

Carthage was Phoenician.

And just because they weren't black Egyptians aren't "real Africans"?

Even if they were black, (they weren't) they didn't expand much, they're more cultural, like Greeks, (but Alexander the great changes this... anyway the kind of thing I'm saying is that Egypt didn't invade Greece but the opposite was true.) I may be wrong here.

Nubia, Palestine, Syria, Libya were all at one stage under Egyptian control. The New Kingdom of ancient Egypt controls roughly twice the amount of territory controlled by modern Egypt.

I know about Spain, I'm half Spanish, and I also realise how we pioneered the slave trade of real blacks. Not a good thing but shows the difference between the "backs" occupying us and the real ones that were our slaves at the very same time.

The Berbers weren't called "Moors" for nothing...

Multiculturalism is antidiversity and liberals are the real racists. I'd be happy to elaborate if you so wish.

Oh please do elaborate if you so wish. As a liberal and multiculturalist I am happy to listen to all points of views.

I thought Carthage was of similar racial stock to Greeks… anyways liberal guy:

Liberals are anti diversity because they remove the geographic, historic, linguistic, and ironically cultural exclusivities of all the worlds’ amazingly diverse cultures. Currently British culture is a volatile mish-mash of anything but true British cultures, with Judaism at its head.

If London was majority black (for example,) by 2010 (the predicted date for London to have "whites," as a minority, would they care about our largely "white" history, statues and queen? Would they care about halting further migration? Sharia law will inevitably be imposed.

I want to preserve my dying culture. Multiculturalism is killing it. That is racist to me and anti-diversity over all. People don't come here for the weather. Love of nation cannot be determined by a meagre test or having better social/economic conditions abroad, it comes from one place and one alone, the heart. I cannot wake up tomorrow and feel like being a dog or being Egyptian, it just doesn’t work by what I consider myself to be, but by current standards if I felt Australian I could probably manage it.

Liberals let an utterly insignificant proportion of foreign races in and suddenly it's ok we totally rip those peoples native lands over? Well no it's not, it's racist. If we didn't let migrants in and ripped them off like we do now, it'd be rightfully considered racism, but since we let a few in and screw them over anyways it's suddenly not racism that we live largely off the hard work that others are expected to do abroad? There is a myth that we can’t be asked to do the low jobs and immigrants saved us. They were slowly weaved into the fabric of our nation until we became dependent on them, but our fabric was doing just fine prior to their addition.

An international minimum wage would be ideal but tricky. As a nation we could at least take it upon ourselves to only purchase products made at the hands of fairly paid people, making us more sought after trade partners and bringing industry back to Great Britain. We are currently living off the infinitely large (since they can't keep up,) interests of the poor, on loans long ago repaid.

If I go to Beijing, I know I'm in China, If I go to Warsaw I know I'm in Poland, if I go to London, I don't know where I am, and most of the people who built this great country are uneasy with these changes.

I love diversity, as do the Jews, (for us not them, naturally,) which is why I want to preserve it and not have a mixed race identical nation with Jews at its head. I hate the BS argument of how boring and nasty it would be if wherever we looked everyone were the same. Take a holiday. My grandparents in Spain haven't ever seen a black person in real life, I'm not saying this is good or bad, I'm just saying they haven't lost any sleep over it. And besides, since when is everyone being mixed-race exciting?

Why is it that only nations of western European descent have the joys of the multicult thrust upon us? Saudi Arabia is closer to Africa and Asia and richer than Great Britain, would it benefit cultural diversity if they were decimated overnight? You can't let some in and others not, by slowing immigration you are only making it a slow and agonising death for the victim nation, there is no middle ground, you can kill a man or not kill a man, you can't half kill him (same with a nation,) killing him slowly isn't a middle ground.

God had sense. He left the Promised Land to the Jews. If overnight they were flooded (AKA invaded) by a foreign tribe who worshiped foreign Gods, spoke foreign languages and had different cultures, with no concern for the natives survival, would God be pissed or what? (They wouldn't go out their way to be nasty but they're not gonna bend over backwards to ensure their cultures don't integrate with theirs.)

Carthage was Phoenician.

And just because they weren't black Egyptians aren't "real Africans"?

Nubia, Palestine, Syria, Libya were all at one stage under Egyptian control. The New Kingdom of ancient Egypt controls roughly twice the amount of territory controlled by modern Egypt.

The Berbers weren't called "Moors" for nothing...

Oh please do elaborate if you so wish. As a liberal and multiculturalist I am happy to listen to all points of views.

And of those Muslims who are terrorists most are not terrorists because they are Muslim.

True, I'd happily be a terrorist if I was a Muslim. We invade them, demonise them and do nothing in terms of helping them in the name of Israel.

Japan has the same right to give Tanzania to Turkey as we did to give Israel to the Jews because they didn't like the outcome of the war that they declared.

The Jews found in WW2 the ultimate defence and barrier to the critisism they rightfully (to an extent) faced throughout history, but Islam doesn't buy it. Neither do I. Belgium recently payed 170mil to Holocost survivors, fair do's but has anybody heard about the holodomor? Does anybody care? Type it in microsoft word, word not recognised? But hey, everyone knows 10 million Ukranians lives mean nothing when compared to 6 million (disputable) Jews :rolleyes:. It is a shame indeed that only the nations professing to free speach we have such restrictions upon it, restrictions found nowhere else in the worlds evil nasty dictatorships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom