Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC Video!

You can't think about it like that... yeah you are playing the game several hours a week if not more.... but these numbers add up. Do you really want 150+ dollars invested in a single game? Obviously Firaxis isn't going to care if there is a buyer out there in this market.

I've played Civ 5 so far for over 900 hours and even if I spent 150+ dollars on it, I consider it a pretty good deal for the amount of gametime.

Heck, if DLC earnings insure that they continue to develop and patch the game, I'd buy two copies of each release just to keep the wheels turning.

I've played Civ 5 so far for over 900 hours and even if I spent 150+ dollars on it, I consider it a pretty good deal for the amount of gametime.

Heck, if DLC earnings insure that they continue to develop and patch the game, I'd buy two copies of each release just to keep the wheels turning.

I agree, maybe not 2 copies, but buying DLC does mean more Dlc in general.

This is exactly how I feel about all this. I'll spend less than 10 bucks on two DLCs. Now, just these two alone I'll probably spend half the weekend with, and if I actually like the civ, there's no telling how many hours I'll get out of it. Very little money well spent it seems to me.

Now then, the NFL Texans play a preseason game this weekend, and I'll spend more than ten bucks on beer and food just to watch the game in my apartment, and then it's over with. And I'll probably be pissed off about it to boot.

Based on that, I'd say that Civ V is more of a bargain than the NFL. Most especially if you're a Texans fan. :lol:

Wow, the Korean Civ looks fantastic. Can't wait. (though I do hope that we can get some modders and or an updated patch to allow the Turtle Ships to enter Ocean tiles at some point though)

$4.99 -- which is basically about the cost of a Starbucks latte -- but will give me way more satisfaction and value? Sign me up.

As for the Ancient Wonders... meh... was it too much to ask to be able to play those Civs outside of the scenarios? (here's hoping that they might be able to patch that as well...)

At any rate, CIV ON folks -- totally looking forward to playing as King Sejong the Great.

Btw, re: the comment about the Korean scenario being a "survival" one rather than a conquest one -- this is why you have to give major props to the Koreans -- from an historical perspective, despite being beset on all sides by major hostile powers throughout the ages (China, Japan, Mongols, Russia) who were either intent on exploiting, dominating, annihilating, annexing or simply using them as a footbridge -- that this civilization not only survived, but thrived and kept their unique cultural heritage intact to leave lasting legacies of innovation --> and are still at the cutting edge of technology to this very day (Samsung, LG, etc.) -- makes me proud to hail from Korean heritage folks, gotta admit.

:lol::lol::lol:this isn't the modern Korean War, it is a medieval war in Korea.
Have you watched the video?

Did you bother to read the post I quoted? The poster asked "What do you think of a Korean war scenario?" Not "this" or "the". He's referring to one that doesn't exist, not the one included that we've been introduced to.

Did you bother to read the post I quoted? The poster asked "What do you think of a Korean war scenario?" Not "this" or "the". He's referring to one that doesn't exist, not the one included that we've been introduced to.

But there is a fan made Korean War Scenario out there, but I haven't played it yet.

Ur and Kish sure are placed on weird spots on that map...

Hmm.. Yeah, that didn't seem right at all actually.. Ur was near the Persian Gulf in the Early Bronze Age, at least with the higher water level at that time, and Kish far from the sea, nearer the Zagros. Oh well..

Btw, just bought the two Cradle of Civilization - Asia and Mediterranean, only to realize that those weren't the new DLC packs. Couldn't choose them in-game for some reason. The DLC was expected on Thursday, was it?

Hmm.. Yeah, that didn't seem right at all actually.. Ur was near the Persian Gulf in the Early Bronze Age, at least with the higher water level at that time, and Kish far from the sea, nearer the Zagros. Oh well..

Btw, just bought the two Cradle of Civilization - Asia and Mediterranean, only to realize that those weren't the new DLC packs. Couldn't choose them in-game for some reason. The DLC was expected on Thursday, was it?

Those are the first 2 DLC packs actually.
But they are maps, not scenarios.
Yes, August 11th, (American time, don't know about anywhere else) is the release date.

I don't mind paying double or triple the price of Civ 4 expansions for the same value. Really. I just accept this and hope they charge me even more in the future. They still haven't found the end of my pockets, I really want to send the message that yes indeed, I can pay for this, and I WILL pay for this, and if you charge more I WILL pay for this too. I certainly hope Civ 6 isn't as cheap, and that I have to pay just for patches, I'm sure that will help them make better patches. This seems like responsible customer behaviour. They sure must be glad that somehow there are people out there who buy 5$ lattes, makes for an easy comparison of how "cheap" their DLC is.

Yeah I'm sorry I don't mean this as being insulting. But that's still my perception.

No sarcasm sign needed there... :lol:

While I agree that comparing software to way overpriced coffee is not a good thing, I do think that the dlc is cheap compared to the fun you have with it. A book lasts maybe ten hours and costs twice the amount of this dlc. There is therefore value in the dlc, you have to give it that.

Wow, the Korean Civ looks fantastic. Can't wait. (though I do hope that we can get some modders and or an updated patch to allow the Turtle Ships to enter Ocean tiles at some point though)

$4.99 -- which is basically about the cost of a Starbucks latte -- but will give me way more satisfaction and value? Sign me up.

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a very good comparison. All you're really saying is that Starbucks costs too much too.

Does anyone have a link to the steam page for pre-purchase?

Their accuracy and attention to detail for the throne room and Sejong himself is astonishing. I'd expect no less when it comes down to Firaxis/2K wanting this game to represent Korea AND tap into the PC gamers of South Korea.

Yeah, that doesn't seem like a very good comparison. All you're really saying is that Starbucks costs too much too.

OK, don't like that analogy, not a coffee drinker? It's roughly the cost of a Big Mac or a Subway sandwich (feel free to choose your own).

It's less than 5 bucks for something that you will be spending hours on.

Their accuracy and attention to detail for the throne room and Sejong himself is astonishing. I'd expect no less when it comes down to Firaxis/2K wanting this game to represent Korea AND tap into the PC gamers of South Korea.

Agreed! I absolutely love the leader screen. I wonder what he sounds like! Maybe some very accurate voice acting lines (read no 2nd language speakers). :D

Do you know why the Korea civ have science UA? Look close this capture.

Can't recognize?

How about this? This is the real pic of InJeougJeon in ChangDeokGoong.

Yep... there is ELECTRIC LAMPs!! Firaxis makes the throne room TOO MUCH detailed. =P

Actually, They have been setuped in 1908.

The third bonus of the Mausoleum sounds more like a Civ's UA than a wonder bonus. Also the last bonus of the Temple doesn't feel like a wonder. :/

Do you know why the Korea civ have science UA? Look close this capture.

Can't recognize?

How about this? This is the real pic of InJeougJeon in ChangDeokGoong.

Yep... there is ELECTRIC LAMPs!! Firaxis makes the throne room TOO MUCH detailed. =P

Actually, They have setuped in 1908.

That's a rather big mistake.

Top Bottom