Global Warming Doesn't Work?

NJRBSA88

Chieftain
I purchased Civ 3 Complete from Steam about two years ago. I created a custom scenario that reversed the direction of global warming (desert turns to plains, plains to grassland, and grassland to tundra). This did not work, so I turned these changes all back to their defaults. However--even when I initiated a nuclear winter--global warming only worked insofar that it eliminated forests and jungles. No other terrain was affected (which really peeved me as someone who always loved the whole earth-turns-to-a-vast-wasteland as a consequence to using too many nuclear weapons :mad:). Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this?

As far as I know there's no direct way to fix it. At some point, patches to the game changed it. However I don't know which one, or if it was changed with the release of the conquests expansion.

However, I have found a sort of work around with the editor. For some reason, grassland can tern into marshland (or forest surprisingly) but plains and tundra can't. But plains and tundra can turn into forest. So what I did was downland some different terrain and replaced marsh with it, and then set up a game in the editor so that everything we turn eventually into 'marsh' which with the changed graphics is actually wasteland of some kind. Of course I have to have plains and tundra change to forest first, which can then change into marsh.

On another note, I find that hill will change to mountains, but nothing else. So I usually have them do that, and just tell myself that mountains represent rocky hill like terrain as well as mountains (which actually kind of makes sense given the scale of the world you see in the game).

I purchased Civ 3 Complete from Steam about two years ago. I created a custom scenario that reversed the direction of global warming (desert turns to plains, plains to grassland, and grassland to tundra). This did not work, so I turned these changes all back to their defaults. However--even when I initiated a nuclear winter--global warming only worked insofar that it eliminated forests and jungles. No other terrain was affected (which really peeved me as someone who always loved the whole earth-turns-to-a-vast-wasteland as a consequence to using too many nuclear weapons :mad:). Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this?

I'll check the editor tonight to see if it's possible.
What is the result you're looking for?

Top Bottom