Intra-Team Pitboss Planning Thread #1

That's just a quick-start with the BUG mod then. You should have the "Unload Mod" menu item in the main menu. Playing with BUG loaded could indeed cause problems.

... though I would still suggest we actually all play with BUG. :)

I'm in for BUG, once you get used to it there is no going back:)

1. DMOC (Tech trading off)
2. Aline (Tech trading ON)
3. bobbyboy29 (Tech trading off)
4. ahmedhadzi (Tech trading ON)
5. Niklas (Tech trading ON)
6. Chimera1804 (Tech trading ON)
7. v8_mark (Tech Trading ON)

I'm hoping that we can get a couple more players. Is a huge map going to be a problem for anyone's computer?

It MIGHT be in the modern era when there are a ton of units to move about...but that may not matter so much if the computer doesn't have to process every move every turn (with pitboss i assume all that is handled by the server and the locations of units are uploaded when I log in, right?). I hope to get some upgrades for my computer (like a multi-core processor :D) soon...and considering the pace of a pitboss probably WAAAY before the modern era.

So yeah...just a warning (I tend to over explain things....see there I go again :p)

Welcome, Ischenous! We're probably going to have a 24 hour turn timer so you'll have at least 24 hours to play your turn (most likely more since the pitboss timer is slower than real time and when players log in they add in extra minutes). If you're still not sure you can play every day, try teaming up with someone else to see if that works out. :)

8. Ischenous

8. Ischenous
9. Uncle Cheesedog

Yes, I do like a fair map, which basically needs to be custom-made.

PS: If anyone else out here has a STABLE internet connection and would be interested in hosting, please let me know. I can do it (host) but I know that my internet connection is not the most stable.

Hmm, I do have a stable internet connection and I also have a somewhat ancient (maybe 7 years old now) pc that I don't use for anything. I don't know if there are any specs required or recommended to host but the machine has trouble running a sp game on a decent sized map by the modern era. I don't know if this helps or not but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm in. :) I will, however, have to be away from Civ for two weeks in May... I'll see if I can find a temp. replacement for this and my other pitboss or something...
Tech trading OFF.
Hate random events.
Don't really care about other settings.

Even tho I was involved in the initial discussions, I'm not sure I can commit to this right now (sorry) even tho I'd really like to, as I've just started a new job and am feeling overwhelmed. Maybe I should team with someone, or maybe just toughen the @%$# up. :lol: When will this start? If it's going to be another week or so, I can probably do it.

8. Ischenous
9. Uncle Cheesedog
10. obsolete (via PM)
11. javidbing
12. babyblyepants (Tech Trading OFF)
13. Sweetacshon

Sweetacshon - it definitely won't start within the next week. We'll still need leader selection, and someone to make a map for us.

Uncle Cheesedog - let me ask around

Hi! Finally checking in!
I'll play only with tech trading OFF, got a game running with tech trading ON and all the diplo is driving me crazy. Can't handle another game like that with 2 little kids at home...

Actually, let's change my vote to TT off. I'll be playing enough games with it on, so let's have some variety.

Hey Guys, just a thought but everyone should definately choose leaders from our shortlist of possible leaders for the real game, that way we'll have some experience and opinions on the leaders and how they play in MP pitboss situations.

I'd kinda like to play, but I'd need to be in a pair/team - quite often have stuff going on at the weekends or the odd work trip and unfortunately I just can't commit to a 24H clock solo.

Hmm, so once we get the 14'th volunteer, we could split it into two Standard Monarch games?

Ohh yes, and no one will object if I chose the Romans yes? :king:

Top Bottom