A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have Multiple Research turned on? If you have tons of research, you will research multiple techs in your queue. This is normal behavior.

Yes, I do have multiple research turned on, but I'm calculating my research rate and its completing way more techs than it should. Each one of these is showing as needing 3-4 turns to complete, and I'm finishing as many as 5 on a single turn.

I just finished Architecture Research and then imediatly also Finished Education and wonderd why because Education was displayed as needing 5 turns the turn bevore.
Usualy I pick a new research after the previos is finished thats probably why I didnt encounterd it so fare.

The Imediatly Research of Eduction is reproducable from my save so I uploaded it.

I play ROM 2.81 Full AND 1.60 Beta 10 with
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Withdraw Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain}
(Hopfull this are the infos you need for using the save)

Edit: It just hapend again as next research in this game I set Matchlock as Goal what means Clockworks->Gunpowder->Matchlock and after the Gunpowder Research I got Matchlock for free!
Edit2: It happens every time I have exactly 1 follow up tech in research then as soon the first tech is finished the next one is finished as well no mather how long it would thake to research this (last one would have needed 10 turns)

Attachments

• Frindarg AD-0185.CivBeyondSwordSave
    972.7 KB · Views: 43
(I posted this in the Revomod thread, but I thought I ought to put it here in the bugs thread.)

Oh that reminds me, Afforess. In my 1.55 game, the civs that rebelled from my useless vassals simply would not re-integrate once they had no cities, but still had plenty of troops, even once they were my vassals. Has that bug been fixed in the betas?

I think because they were a vassal, the game wouldn't let them die. Not entirely sure.

are you going to do this for Civ 5?

are you going to do this for Civ 5?

What a premature question... :lol: But, Afforess, are you going to do this for Civ 5? In the site they say Civ 5 will have "unprecedented modding capabilities"...

I think I'll need a new computer, though.

I've already made an official statement. ;)

Where?

I am having a very happy day even though I got my wisdom teeth yanked with out painkillers just 3 hours ago

I am having a very happy day even though I got my wisdom teeth yanked with out painkillers just 3 hours ago

Oof, yeah, I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year. I'm surprised you feel well enough ~3 hours after the fact to post on the internet! I was laid out on the couch for ~5 hours after I got home; I didn't feel like doing much of anything!

In the official Civ V thread. Afforess said that unless the game was as moddable as Civ IV is, he's not interested in playing the game, let alone modding it.

Oof, yeah, I had my wisdom teeth pulled last year. I'm surprised you feel well enough ~3 hours after the fact to post on the internet! I was laid out on the couch for ~5 hours after I got home; I didn't feel like doing much of anything!

I had mine pulled over X-Mas break. The painkillers really messes with your mood. :lol:

In the official Civ V thread. Afforess said that unless the game was as moddable as Civ IV is, he's not interested in playing the game, let alone modding it.

Yep, and it's true. However, Firaxis's site for Civilization 5 says it should be even more moddable. Assuming that's true... ;)

Assuming it's true, we get to look forward to Rise of Mankind - A Second Dawn? :D

Assuming it's true, we get to look forward to Rise of Mankind - A Second Dawn? :D

That's assuming there is still a Rise of Mankind to build off of. Likely, there won't be. Zappara may be tired of modding, I suspect he is.

That's assuming there is still a Rise of Mankind to build off of. Likely, there won't be. Zappara may be tired of modding, I suspect he is.

I think Zappara is tired of modding Civ IV, Civ V is another history.

Zappara, we're waiting for your statement. :)

yeah, I'm allergic to the painkillers, but I got an A in badass so I can deal

Odd bug here. When I was installing, the installer said an error had occured right near the end of the process. I start up Rise of Mankind to see what's going on, two things I notice:

1) The Civilopedia refuses to open. I click on the button in the main menu, the game jitters a bit, and then I'm still in the main menu.
2) I open a game to see if anything is wrong in there. All the interface is gone (or invisible, I'm not sure). Either way, I cannot play.

I think I'm going to try to reinstall using my backup ROM. Can you guys tell me what went wrong?

Thank you Afforess for this wonderful modmod. Just installed it today. I have "A New Dawn" 1.53 installed and patched to 1.6.

Anyways after researching Military Tradition I found that I could build two sets of National Warlord units.

The first unit was a warlord that came with his own entourage. I was allowed to build two and built my two warlords with no problems.

The second warlord unit I could build is one that functions much like the classic warlord unit. Attach to a unit, grant exp, discounts, etc. I was allowed to have one of these national warlords. After building this warlord I was not able to build another or so I thought. As soon as I attached this warlord to a unit I was able to build another of these classic warlords. Rinse and repeat.

Now this may be part of your master plan, but looks to be a bug to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom