[UI]CivWillard

Onni

Chieftain
With this mod you can manage your Cities, City-states and Major Civ relationships. It kinda includes three different mods that use same structure. Lots of basic information that you need all the time is hidden in the Vanilla UI behind 2-3 screens. With this mod you can customize your own screens where you have all the info you need behind a single click. There are already many default views included for you so you don't need to create anything if you don't want to.

The second purpose of this mod is to give you better control when something is about to happen and when you can just relax for couple turns. There are buttons with counters on them that tell you eg. when a next City-state alliance is about to expire.

I tried to make the mod as dynamic and modular as possible so it's easy to build on it in the future. This also enabled me to give the end user much more power to optimize the mod to their liking. As no Civ core files are changed or required this mod should be compatible with any other mod.

This mod includes DiploWillard and CityWillard. If you have those mods installed then please disable them! Got around (finally) to combine all these mods. Helps the development a lot in the future.

• no dependencies (on other mods or core files)
  • handy button to open/close the window (right click to open options)
  • useful turn counter for the next [City event] / [City-State influence level change] / [MajorCiv deal expiration]
  • configurable big tooltip for less important info needs
  • configurable event list that helps you see the future
  • user-friendly controls for data and window management
  • City-mod: City production queue, focus and other settings can be changed using this window.
  • MajorCiv-mod: quick buying or selling of resources
MajorCiv-mod screenshots:
Spoiler :
Button for showing/hiding the window. It has a tooltip that displays upcoming deal expirations.

Window with custom stats and views.

Big tooltip to quickly check all the related data.

Options screen where you can customize everything.

Window with mini-skin enabled to make it as small as possible.

City-mod screenshots:
Spoiler :

Button for showing/hiding the window. It has a tooltip that displays upcoming events.

Window with custom stats and views.

Options screen where you can customize everything.

Window with mini-skin enabled to make it as small as possible.

MinorCiv-mod screenshots:
Spoiler :

CivWillardCheat info
Spoiler :

This cheat-version is meant to help other modders to study how AI is playing. This is otherwise exactly the same as CivWillard except...
  • MinorCiv-module: see all Major civilization relationships towards City-states.
  • City-module: see all Cities
  • MajorCiv-module: see unmet MajorCivs and their current research

Troubleshooting:
Spoiler :
How to reset or reinstall CivWillard.
It's not enough that you just delete and re-download the mod. Unfortunately you have to also manually delete the mod save files. Here's how to do it:
  1. Goto your mod's userdata (settings) folder: ..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData\
  2. Delete the following files from this folder: CivWillardMajo-1.db, CivWillardMino-1.db, CivWillardCity-1.db
  3. Start your game. The mod should now start with all the default settings.

Credits:
to Afforess, killmeplease and Whys for the awesome job on the serialize & deserialize functions discussed here. :king:
to Civfanatics users for your support and helping me make this mod better

Version history:
v1.0
  • added DiploWillard 6.0
  • added CityWillard 3.0
  • added new module: Major Civ diplomacy
  • added major code rewrite (possibly many bugs -> stability = beta)
  • fixed small bugs

Attachments

• Majo_button.jpg
    Majo_button.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 18,108
  • Majo_view1.jpg
    Majo_view1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 18,162
  • Majo_view2.jpg
    Majo_view2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 18,373
  • Majo_view3.jpg
    Majo_view3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 18,175
  • Majo_tooltip.jpg
    Majo_tooltip.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 17,793
  • Majo_options.jpg
    Majo_options.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 17,833
  • CivWillard (v 1).zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,803
  • CivWillardCheat (v 1).zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 652
Great that you merged your previous two mods and combined them here. As it does not affect saved games I will have to finish my current one with your previous two mods before deleting those and swapping over to this one.

Sweet! Citywillard hasn't worked for over a month for me:(. Civwillard is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for this!

omg... now everything is neatly wrapped up in a sturdy integrated concept -- and, the ghostly "hint" overlay has disappeared off my Top-Panel Science slot.
Onni, simply said - you're a genius! Seriously, the legendary Civ4_BAT stuff is just not that far away from whatever additional features you'd care adding to this wonderful asset.

But, i also need your help right here. So take a well deserved break from all your troubles and enjoy.

EDIT:

PS: I noticed a few small technical glitches. So you might want to correct a few xml framework values...

1) The options "button line" goes off screen to the right of the popup (MajorCiv, IIRC)
2) The column for CS-Types has an overlay "At WAR!" above their default ID tags (Diplo)
3) A number of columns overlap some values & text mostly in the overview sections (City, etc)
*) Generally speaking, an ability to control (by options such as the current height) the widths of both the main window & any of the columns would solve most issues.
?) Wasn't the currently city-producing items column showing an Icon too... or am i confusing this with the Vanilla City-Overview?

Started using this today, absolutely loving it. It's replaced a whole lot of time-consuming stuff I used to do in Excel. The only data that I think is missing would be total tile yields for a city's territory- it would be a good way to see what cities need improving or where to specialize.

Anyway, great UI mod!

I've been using the various iterations of this mod since the beginning and it is one of those "I've got to have" types of mods. Your latest is the best yet. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks for the added features, I really loved both of your previous mods!

Same here. :)

And especially the feature to request a OB or RA is awesome. I will have a look into it how it's coded, because that is opening a lot of possibilities for other mods.

The import of old views is really time consuming. :)

I've played a bit, and I have the following requests:
- For the majorcivs, can you add a column with the logo/image of the civ for better identification? Or maybe color the names of the civs in the correct color. (robk's InfoAddict already uses the icon/colors so I assume it is usable in the overview also.)
- Some deals cover 2 lines in the mouse-over, when you point the mouse on the number of deals. Can you make a indentation/tab for the second line?
- Sometimes there are a lot of resources, too much to fit in a column. I think truncating it and display it in a mouse-over would be neater.
- And a request for the city states: there is only 1 event showing when hovering above the button. Can you add an option just like for the cities to show the first number of events of expiring city state status?

Happy new year everyone!

I also have the "production icon not showing" bug. It worked in CityWillard before.

Also, when you create custom views in CityWillard, If you want to e.g. add the fifteenth element, the position is already so low in the left column, that you can't select some options for this field. Half of the menu is outside/below the screen. Hope this is understandable? My resolution is 1280x800.

Hi Onni,

great mod. The trade overview in particular is extremely useful :goodjob:

One small suggestion: Could you steal the esc and enter keys when one of your pop-ups is open and exit on them? The "close" button is tiny :lol:

Just add a ContextPtr:SetInputHandler( InputHandler ) and check for

function InputHandler( uiMsg, wParam, lParam )
if uiMsg == KeyEvents.KeyDown and (wParam == Keys.VK_ESCAPE or wParam == Keys.VK_RETURN) then
--close
end
end

Happy new year everybody and thanks for your encouraging words. :)

Sweet! Citywillard hasn't worked for over a month for me:(. Civwillard is just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for this!
Sorry to hear that. I'll add to the OP a little troubleshooting guide with instructions on how to reset the mod.

PS: I noticed a few small technical glitches. So you might want to correct a few xml framework values...

1) The options "button line" goes off screen to the right of the popup (MajorCiv, IIRC)
2) The column for CS-Types has an overlay "At WAR!" above their default ID tags (Diplo)
3) A number of columns overlap some values & text mostly in the overview sections (City, etc)
*) Generally speaking, an ability to control (by options such as the current height) the widths of both the main window & any of the columns would solve most issues.
?) Wasn't the currently city-producing items column showing an Icon too... or am i confusing this with the Vanilla City-Overview?
1) The idea was to let people use the mini-skin if they wanted to create small windows. So that's why I haven't got around to fix the options button on small default-skin-windows.
2) This propably happens with the default short-city-state-name? Normally it's shortened so that it wouldn't overlap the traits. But when you are at war with them then the "at war" tag is placed at the end of the name. I'll fix it for the next version.
3) Controlling the windth for any column has been on my todo list for a long time. Hopefully someday I will get around to do it?
?) City-production-icon missing is a bug. I'll fix it for the next version.

Started using this today, absolutely loving it. It's replaced a whole lot of time-consuming stuff I used to do in Excel. The only data that I think is missing would be total tile yields for a city's territory- it would be a good way to see what cities need improving or where to specialize.
Do you mean a value where e.g. all the production yields for all tiles in a single city would be added together? Could you please give me an example how you would use this value?

Anyway, great pic! ;)

I've played a bit, and I have the following requests:
- For the majorcivs, can you add a column with the logo/image of the civ for better identification? Or maybe color the names of the civs in the correct color. (robk's InfoAddict already uses the icon/colors so I assume it is usable in the overview also.)
- Some deals cover 2 lines in the mouse-over, when you point the mouse on the number of deals. Can you make a indentation/tab for the second line?
- Sometimes there are a lot of resources, too much to fit in a column. I think truncating it and display it in a mouse-over would be neater.
- And a request for the city states: there is only 1 event showing when hovering above the button. Can you add an option just like for the cities to show the first number of events of expiring city state status?
-Major Civ log/image is in my todo list. I had my doubts about the coloring regarding readability. Possibly to add an option button to toggle the Civ coloring. Actually I should re-think the whole options page. :mischief:
-It's on my todo list to re-think the main button mouse-overs.
-I think it's important to see the total status of resources for all Civs in a single glance. I did create two versions for all the resource columns (normal & long) to help out with this problem.
-Good point. I'll change it and show all the events in the mouse over for city-states too.

Also, when you create custom views in CityWillard, If you want to e.g. add the fifteenth element, the position is already so low in the left column, that you can't select some options for this field. Half of the menu is outside/below the screen. Hope this is understandable? My resolution is 1280x800.
That's unfortunate. For the next version I'll change the position for the options screen to be at the top of the window instead of center. That should hopefully fix it.

One small suggestion: Could you steal the esc and enter keys when one of your pop-ups is open and exit on them? The "close" button is tiny :lol:
Problem is that people might want to keep some CivWillard windows open all the time. There is already an option to assign your own key to toggle the windows. I'll see in the future if I'll add an option to assign a "close only key" too (which would propably be esc by default)?

I have CityWillard on a mouse button (logitech G9). It's awesome how fast you can check some infos in whichever screen you are! :) Thx for this feature!

Happy new year everybody and thanks for your encouraging words. :)

-Major Civ log/image is in my todo list. I had my doubts about the coloring regarding readability.

Good point about the coloring. Probably the civs logo is enough.

Is it also possible to include yourself in the list of majorview? It gives a good comparison in 1 view of your standings against the AI, like the score, gold, amount of Allied CS, # of Friends, etc. Of course, some columns like RA, OB are useless and can stay empty.

And regarding civs at war, when a enemy is ready for negotiations, you can view basically all the info (gold, resources, ...) but is is not visible in the overview. Is there a way to check to see if an civ at war is ready to negotiate peace?

Possibly to add an option button to toggle the Civ coloring. Actually I should re-think the whole options page. :mischief:

Yeah, now you have separate options for each view, but I only use 1 set of options for all the views...

-I think it's important to see the total status of resources for all Civs in a single glance. I did create two versions for all the resource columns (normal & long) to help out with this problem.

Ok, I will check it out. :)

1 final suggestion: with the miniskin the 4 small buttons are on the left, and when changing a view, the buttons move because of a different width. This makes toggling views very slow because of the moving buttons. Do you think it's a good idea to have it placed right above the window, in the center of the window?

Top Bottom