Turn Discussion Thread

SE-S for sure. Time to double around and hope for something worthwhile under those floodplains.

S-SE. Let's swing down below the river

Moved the Scout SE-S. Revealed Cows and Silks - some resources at last. Also some tiles revealed from capital border pop.

Scout SE-SE next turn? There's a plains-hill below the mountain to the south (you can see it in the game, not so easily in the screenshot), so it's not worth going SE-S.

After SE-SE, we could then double back west (and a bit south) the following turn. (With that mountain range blocking things, it doesn't seem worth going west straight away... may as well go a bit more south and east first.)

SE-S. I don't like to leave scout in open territory when there are reasonable forests/hills available.

i like SE-S, because we dont want our scout to be eaten alive on plains.

We're only a few turns in, is it possible for barb animals to even pop up yet? I'm pretty sure this in monarch difficulty by the way.

Anyway not too scared of animals at the moment, SE-SE is fine for me, reveals more tiles.

Also we're about to learn fishing, we're going to switch builds to a work boat, right? Should we work a plains hill tile during that, or let the city slowly grow to size 2 first working less hammers?

If wildlife is not possible, then SE-SE is fine. Does anybody know this for certain? Otherwise this is unnescessary risk. I really want to see what is south from the flood plains and probably only horses would be reason to bring our first city to the area scouted at the moment.

I think preliminary plan was change to WB and use forested plains hill to get it. Next research would be Animal husbandry. I think this plan is still ok.

I made a test. It seems that first wild creatures emerge on Monarch on turn 6. Therefore we should be safe to go SE-SE. So I change my vote.

More exploration... no new resources.

Fishing completed, switched to the Work Boat in Saturn in preparation for starting building next turn. (I'll change the worked tile to the plains-forest-hill next time I log in.)

Next turn move Scout SW-SW onto the forest-hill? :)

Yepp. SW SW works. We better have copper and horses on this start :(
Oh are we working the PlainsForestHill tile?

Despite the original plan would it be better to work flood plains tile for 3 turns until we've population 2 and then work Crab and Forested plains hill until WB is ready? This wouldn't delay our WB much but would give several additional turns with 3 commerce tile.

Top Bottom