SANCTA diplomacy

PM from Memephus (answer to my previous message):

Ok Awsome! The starving guarantees us Liberalism!

we can tech machinery and engineering 2 turns each after lib! then we are at tech parity (and have music and nationalism!)

Exciting times!

BTW we have another plan to get liberlaism even faster if needed, where we get education in 3 turns, compass in 1 (you guys gift us philo same turn, starving) while we are starving our city for a GS and then bulb liberalism directly, which can be doen since we don't have machinery :).

Memphus.

PM from SANCTA and my answer to it

plako said:
Krill said:
Hi guys,

got a request for Saturn from SANCTA, don't play your turn just yet, and can we have a new screenshot of your capital screen, please? Kaz just researched philo, so we're rerunning the numbers on Liberalism right now.

Krill

Alright. I'll log in now and take the shot.

plako

My message after the previous one. I didn't end our turn, but I did make most of our moves. The barb situation near Iapetus is out of control. There are probably 3 swords around it. We need support and it should come fast.

plako said:
Here is the requested shot.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/370/thciv4screenshot0283.jpg

There are 48 GPP. No matter what we do it takes at minimum 3 turns to finish Great Scientist.

Here is also shot about grazy barb situation near Iapetus. There are at least 2 swords and there was one last turn there that I didn't see now, but I suspect it is SE from Iapetus.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/370/thciv4screenshot0283.jpg

btw. Oyzar had 2 trade windows for me open. 1st one was trade Music for Paper and 2nd just gifting Paper :).

I also chatted with him and when he suggested trading Paper for Music I asked what about Machinery. I doubt it will work, but maybe I could offer little gold to compensate the price difference between Music and Machinery.

plako

Further discussion with Krill concerning this issue:

Spoiler :

Krill says:
Hi mate, you around atm?
plako says:
yes
plako says:
hi
Krill says:
OK
Krill says:
I was going to send you are PM
Krill says:
but chatting is slightly easier
plako says:
yes
Krill says:
You didn;t accept paper off oyzar at all?
plako says:
no
Krill says:
cool
Krill says:
You know you can't get paper, and be able to bulb philo?
plako says:
and obviously I'm not gonna accept any trade before bulbing
Krill says:
ok
Krill says:
also, we're working on a plan that may mean you bulb and research lib
Krill says:
not sure if it's going to fly
Krill says:
running the numbers now
plako says:
I'm not sure if he is trying to find out how close we are or just desparately trying to delay us
Krill says:
I think he's trying to make it impossible for you to bulb philo
Krill says:
Plako
Krill says:
still here?
plako says:
yes
Krill says:
OK
Krill says:
We're workinng on a primary plan atm
Krill says:
where we get 2 GS in the next 4 turns
Krill says:
but the problem is the second GS is not garanteed
Krill says:
So SANCTA has to formally request that you get the GS out of your capital in 3 turns
Krill says:
starving it if you have to
Krill says:
We can get Lib by t128
plako says:
Shouldn't be a problem. we'll starve. I'll probably check what happens to the food nbin in these cases
Krill says:
OK
Krill says:
We'll have compass and edu in the next 4 turns
Krill says:
If I can persuade SANCTA to go along with the crazy scheme...
plako says:
Alright
plako says:
I'll continue this turn with 5 Scientist and then 5 and after that 8 so we should finalize it turn after that and bulb it then so you could get it turn after it i.e. 128?
plako says:
meaning philosophy
Krill says:
yeah
Krill says:
we'd recieve philo t128
Krill says:
bulb lib
Krill says:
then finish it that turn
Krill says:
take Nationalism
Krill says:
between us, 5 techs in 5 turns
plako says:
Very nice.
plako says:
They'll have hard time beating it.
plako says:
Cavs haven't research at full steam lately
plako says:
Kazs were doing that
Krill says:
between themselves and MS they've saved up 750 gold
plako says:
We don't see MS
Krill says:
we think they are going to double bulb edu
plako says:
ok
plako says:
So it is tight race
Krill says:
Cav would need to research Lib in 2 turns
Krill says:
to beat us
Krill says:
that is over 800 bpt
Krill says:
We need to push ourselves to do that...
Krill says:
to get near to that, rather
Krill says:
can't quite reach it ourselves
plako says:
They are not financial so seems almost impossible
plako says:
If you can't do it
plako says:
and no representation
Krill says:
I'll let you in on a little secret.
Krill says:
We don;t have many cottages
Krill says:
otoh
Krill says:
collosus and financial makes cost tiles better
plako says:
Scientists also?
Krill says:
we don't have many of them either...
Krill says:
well
Krill says:
we will do by the end of this turn

Discussion with Krill

Krill says:
Hi mate
plako says:
hi
Krill says:
Just checking you were good to get the GS this turn?
plako says:
Yes
Krill says:
awesome
Krill says:
Lib t128 then
plako says:
Tight race
plako says:
They've Edu already
Krill says:
Cav need to make 880 beakers/turn to beat us
plako says:
ok. so we win
plako says:
They did some whipping last turn
plako says:
Getting a bit worrie
plako says:
we're quite weak
Krill says:
Well, t129 you can revolt to nationalism
Krill says:
and draft
Krill says:
that's teh best way for you to keep up in power
plako says:
maybe wait Machinery
Krill says:
Machinery is due t129
plako says:
alright nice
Krill says:
sorry, misclick, no need ot call me up in game
Krill says:
well, I was jsut checking in on the GS
plako says:
ok
plako says:
I'll finish the turn then
Krill says:
cool
Krill says:
have you captured back Iapetus yet?
plako says:
not yet. Sword killed, but spear is still there
Krill says:
ouch
plako says:
our axe wounded so it takes some time
plako says:
mmortal has 0.2 odds
Krill says:
yeah, not good
plako says:
+10% retreat
Krill says:
no upgrade on the axe next turn?
plako says:
no. Thee is another one coming ~3 turns
Krill says:
ok...
Krill says:
couple of drafted maces out there is just what you need then...
plako says:
yep. We start to have neough axes to handle barbs
plako says:
now that they all are swords or spears
Krill says:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=299483
Krill says:
You might want to read that thread
Krill says:
it'll explain how you should position units to stop barbs from spawning
plako says:
ok thanks
plako says:
I'll take a look at it

Good idea DMOC. I think our goal should be expanding. Maybe use nationalism to draft some barb defense while building workers and settlers. What do you think?

DMOC's message:

SANCTA,

Congratulations on winning Liberalism! The race seemed tight at first but once we were able to coordinate our research to the fullest, it became no contest. :)

Team Saturn is curious to know about your future plans. Are you going to build up your military and strike either Kazakhstan or Cavalieros? Or will you continue to focus on research until a certain point? Please let us know so that we can do whatever we can to help you. We will continue to send you our gold reserves.

--
Sincerely,
DMOC and Team Saturn

SANCTA's reply. DMOC, can you answer to them?

I don't know exact schedule for Drama, but it is cheap so it shouldn't take more than 2-3 turns to finish at 100%.

Greetings DMOC and Team Saturn,

Team SANCTA is grateful for your unwavering support. Together we have
managed to repeatedly pull the rug out from under Cav and Kaz's plans.
We watched with glee as Kaz and Cav considered themselves far too
ahead of the game to be beat only for our alliance to totally
obliterate their machinations.

Currently our research plan is Machinery, optics, then gunpowder,
ultimately heading for rifles, where we should be able to use the
payout from liberalism to draft and hopefully crush an under-prepared
Kaz. As always, we look forward to sharing these techs with you as
they are researched.

Do you have an ETA on drama? Hopefully when you are able to get it we
will be able to start building theaters, with the goal of building a
GT in TKY, where we will be able to use it for maximum effect when we
start drafting.

We look forward to continued operations together,

Iamjohn for Team SANCTA

Face a common threat
Our armies march together
And we will succeed

Short dicussion with Krill:

plako says:
hi
Krill says:
hi mate
plako says:
Do you need gold or should we finish Drama next?
plako says:
2 turns
Krill says:
we could do with the gold for the next 3 turns
Krill says:
then you finish drama
plako says:
ok
plako says:
Finally got Iapetus back
Krill says:
congrats

Ok, looks good. The only way our plan could fail is if MS or Cav decide to attack us or them.

SANCTA,

Thank you for your timely response. Your plan to research Rifling sounds good. The only issue would be if any of the other three teams were to suddenly attack us before you managed to research Rifling. We'll have to keep our guard on the other teams, especially Team Cavalieros, as they are currently in a Golden Age.

We'll continue supplying you with gold, and then finish Drama for those lovely theatres.

Any ideas or suggestions to what civics Team Saturn should be running? We're currently in Bureaucracy but it might make sense to switch to Free Speech and Free Religion.

Thanks again for being a fantastic ally. This game has truly demonstrated the coordination and planning necessary to win a Civ game, and it has been fun to be the first to get Liberalism and Music.

DMOC and Team Saturn

I must catch up with all the diplomacy. DMOC and Plako, you seem to be doing a great job.

Also good that Sancta got Liberalism ahead of the others.

Sounding like things are going well. I'll have to catch up on the game when I get a spare moment. :)

I'm glad to have you back.

Our situation is quite vulnerable. Cavs are huge and when they stop expanding we'll probably be in trouble. SANCTA is still too far to help us militarily and we should be expanding, but barbs has to be taken care of 1st. I'm strongly considering that we could convert to Nationalism and doing few drafts every now and then.

What I don't understand is why team Cav haven't attacked us already. :confused: That would have won the game for them. Instead, they let us and SANCTA work together to get Liberalism first. I know we've got a NAP but it breaks at 500 AD right? If so they haven't really been whipping troops to prepare for a war.

What I don't understand is why team Cav haven't attacked us already. :confused: That would have won the game for them. Instead, they let us and SANCTA work together to get Liberalism first. I know we've got a NAP but it breaks at 500 AD right? If so they haven't really been whipping troops to prepare for a war.
Yeah, exactly my thoughts... it's to Cav's advantage to attack us sooner rather than later, so why haven't they done so already? Perhaps they're underestimating themselves or overestimating us, or are waiting for a late-game war.

Message from SANCTA:

Namaste Saturn!

It's always good to have a partner willing to talk. Wondering around in this jungle alone could easily drive someone into insanity if you aren't careful!

We are carefully watching Cav as well, hopefully with their deep investment when attempting to get liberalism they will have a hole to climb out of with regards to military development. We will however continue to carefully monitor the situation. Our guaranteed peace from our ceasefire with Kaz ends this turn, so that is a concern for us, but we are taking steps to deal with the situation in the event that they decide to invade again.

With regards to your civics, after some consideration by Master Micromanager Memphus we think that the best civic choices would probably be Free Religion, and Mercantilism once it is researched, which can allow you to run free artists in your new cities since your in caste. How ever to determine if Free Speech would be an appropriate civic for you we would either need to see calculations if you have them for Free Religion, or a picture of your cities to properly determine its cost effectiveness for you.

We hope this has been helpful, let us know if you have any other concerns or thoughts, both strategic or tactical.

Iamjohn for Team Sancta

This is a bit confuding. They are probably meaning Free Speech, even if they talk about Free Religion. Free Religion wouldn't make any sense to us. However Free Speech+Artists would be pretty good for border popping although we would lose ~4 Commerce/city. our culture output is very low currently.

We have only 2 towns currently so that part wouldn't help us much. However within next 30 turns we'll probably get ~10 more of them.

What do you think about this idea?

Top Bottom