Problem With Mercator's MapEdit 2.0

Patine

Deity
I've definitely found that, now that I've gotten this up and running again with some help from forums on my current OS (Windows 8.1), it's been very handy indeed. However, I've noticed an issue that bothers me. Certain map, when I change their dimensions, and then I load it in the original Map Editor that comes with Civ2 MGE to check how it turned out, the coasts and rivers get monstrously distorted and screwed up. However, this only seems to happen on certain maps, but it happens on these same maps reliably! Has anyone else experienced this and possibly know a way around it?

I've actually gotten to work now, with help from tootall on a SL thread. The one still eluding me that would be VERY useful if I could get it to cooperate is CivCity. Unfortunately, it not only refuses to work on most later iterations of Windows, I've been told by those who still have older versions and can make it work that .sav files edited with it aren't compatible with ToTPP.

I must apologize. I don't think this was brought up in a thread of it's own, but quite possibly as a tangential subject in a mostly unrelated thread. It may take a bit more digging to find it. Please bear with me here.

My apologies Plutonian Empire. I actually put up two separate old threads on the topic of MapEdit 2.0, one complaining about it not working, and the other, posted much later, complaining about the river and coast distortion. I had, for some reason, just assumed this was the without reading the introductory I had made, and was looking for the thread which told me how to get it working. Now that I realize which of the two threads it is, I realize I have not yet found a solution for that problem. I apologize for not reading, hastily assuming, and wasting your time in the progress. :(

Top Bottom