Quick Questions and Answers

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the site. I have a few questions about Civ V and the community.

1. I'm an artist and digital painter. The primary reason im joining this site is to sate my excessive curiosity about modding Civ V. I'm pretty damn bad with computers and code and programming, so it all intimidates me. However, I went to school for digital painting so I can certainly whip up some awesome images. Is there a place I can go on the site to kinda, find someone to work with? I think it would be fun and engaging to apply myself to make art for some sick mods. And finding people who make sick mods should be easy in a place like this :)

(the rest of these are actually questions about CivV haha)

2. When a rival Civ sends a prophet into my city to spread their gross, unwanted mythos amongst my fine people, what do I do if they dont stop when I ask them to? If I declare war, everyone hates me. I pretty much buy 6 scouts and park them outside my city so their prophet cant get in but there has to be a way to be like "Hey guys... I'm trying to run a church here" and the other leaders would understand. Should I just denounce them and convert my city back?

3. Do the effects of the great wall immediately become null when the first player researches Dynamite, or when the attacking player has researched it?

Hello and welcome, Sir TrevorVerges!

I can't answer your first question but I believe there are many people who can give you an answer :)

2- I was doing the same, circling my city with units to block GPs, missioners, etc. but there is a far easier way to stop them; place Inquisitors to your cities so they can't convert your city at all.

3- Great Wall will become obsolete when the civ -which built the Great Wall- research Dynamite. Not you, not anyone else.

Enjoy the forum :)

Thanks! i HAD NO IDEA inquisitors did that, how did I miss that? ok that's awesome.

Thanks for the great wall tip. Now I'll just leave dynamite with 1 turn left to research and focus on other stuff if I've built it. I think that might be my favorite wonder, it's a lovely war deterrent. The "Mohenjo-Daro" mod is a great one too.

My first question still stands, for anyone else that reads this :D

Just got a few things I'm curious about.

1. Since spies max out at Lv 3, max level spies don't really gain anything in Influenced Civ/CS aside from quick setup, right? Or is it possible for them to exceed their normal abilities (like planting a Lv 3 spy in a CS ally of a Civ you're Influential with)?

2. If a CS have multiple cities, you gain all of it when you Marry/Buy Out the CS, right?

3. If you plant a Feitoria in a CS with multiple cities, do you get the luxuries of all cities? Where should the Feitoria be planted.

4. If a multi-city CS "capital" is captured, what happens to the other cities? Do they turnover to the capturing Civ? Or are they liberated because the former CS captor is no longer independent.

Just got a few things I'm curious about.

1. Since spies max out at Lv 3, max level spies don't really gain anything in Influenced Civ/CS aside from quick setup, right? Or is it possible for them to exceed their normal abilities (like planting a Lv 3 spy in a CS ally of a Civ you're Influential with)?

2. If a CS have multiple cities, you gain all of it when you Marry/Buy Out the CS, right?

3. If you plant a Feitoria in a CS with multiple cities, do you get the luxuries of all cities? Where should the Feitoria be planted.

4. If a multi-city CS "capital" is captured, what happens to the other cities? Do they turnover to the capturing Civ? Or are they liberated because the former CS captor is no longer independent.

#1 It appears they can indeed exceed normal capaibilities.

#2 Yes, you'd get it all.

#3 Yes, you'd get it all. Normally you don't care what it does to the city state's yields and also aren't really interested in the fort bonus, so any legal tile.

#4 Nothing other than one of their conquered cities would become a replacement capital.

Great Wall will become obsolete when the civ -which built the Great Wall- research Dynamite. Not you, not anyone else.

-which built the Great Wall-
*Should be -With possession of the Great Wall-, because technically you could overtake a GW city, and the Civ that built it can still be competing in the game (And his advancement to Dynamite is irrelevant in changing the effectiveness of the Great Wall).

-

When you finish the Liberty SP tree and (for example) pick a free Great Engineer does this increase the cost of future Great Scientists, Engineers or Merchants?

Yes, all three types are on the same Great Person point counter. In that sense, the Liberty finisher GP is not truly "free" as it does increment your next GP cost to the next threshold.

The only exception there are great prophets because they require faith and not great people points like the other great people need.

Thanks @Browd :)

The only exception there are great prophets because they require faith and not great people points like the other great people need.

Would getting a free Great Prophet increase the faith cost of purchasing the next Great Prophet? Or would that actually be 'free'.

Same with getting a Great General or Admiral. Would they increase the experience required to get the next one?

All increase the cost of the next. The only truly free Great Prophet is the one from the Piety finisher.

Thanks! i HAD NO IDEA inquisitors did that, how did I miss that? ok that's awesome.

Thanks for the great wall tip. Now I'll just leave dynamite with 1 turn left to research and focus on other stuff if I've built it. I think that might be my favorite wonder, it's a lovely war deterrent. The "Mohenjo-Daro" mod is a great one too.

My first question still stands, for anyone else that reads this :D

Hey TrevorVerges,

Any interest in doing graphics for a fantasy mod? I am one of the developers on S3rgeus's Wheel of Time Mod, which is a total conversion mod based on the Wheel of Time book series. We're still in the design phase, but will definitely be needing some artists to help us when the time comes!

Send me a PM if you're interested, or post on that thread.

I was playing as Sweden for the first time, and the great person gift does not seem to work. First, I looked for some special button on the left, but no, there were only the usual actions for that great person (a great writer). Then I thought, maybe it's like the great merchant, and I have to move it to the city-state's territory. Still no special button. Then, I thought, maybe it's simpler than what I've been trying, so I went to talk to the city-state, clicked "gift a unit", and gave them my GP. Still nothing. For the record, I did wait for the turn to pass at least once after this, to see if it would trigger. I was doing this in a TSL Earth Map Mod, but it shouldn't affect this. What is wrong? Thank you.

I was playing as Sweden for the first time, and the great person gift does not seem to work. First, I looked for some special button on the left, but no, there were only the usual actions for that great person (a great writer). Then I thought, maybe it's like the great merchant, and I have to move it to the city-state's territory. Still no special button. Then, I thought, maybe it's simpler than what I've been trying, so I went to talk to the city-state, clicked "gift a unit", and gave them my GP. Still nothing. For the record, I did wait for the turn to pass at least once after this, to see if it would trigger. I was doing this in a TSL Earth Map Mod, but it shouldn't affect this. What is wrong? Thank you.

iirc it takes 2 turns for gifted units to reach the CS
maybe you should wait for 2 turns

Oh, I think you are right, I forgot about the gifting mechanic, that it took more than one turn... Thanks a lot!

I noticed sometimes cities demand a luxury that is banned. What can you do in this case, since you cannot acquire it through trade deals? Is there any solution other than proposing (and winning) a repeal on that ban? Can you get it from CS allies?

I noticed sometimes cities demand a luxury that is banned. What can you do in this case, since you cannot acquire it through trade deals? Is there any solution other than proposing (and winning) a repeal on that ban? Can you get it from CS allies?

Not sure if you can get those from CS' but you can repeal any Resolution that in effect.

Since I'm not an expert, my help may not be the best. For better answer, wait for Browd or beetle :)

Is there any solution other than proposing (and winning) a repeal on that ban?

Yes. Bans prevent trading and preclude happiness from the lux, but don't prevent fulfilling WLTKD and CS quests. It is very odd.

For better answer, wait for Browd or beetle

I am so chuffed to be mentioned in the same breath as Browd! Thank you! But Browd is who I go to with my questions!

Top Bottom