Immortal vs diety

Luca_zbr

Chieftain
Anybody thinks the game is too easy to level 7 and very difficult at lvl 8 ?

Is there anyone who thinks that the game is too easy to level 7 and very difficult at lvl 8 ?

OT Sorry i'm still learning english, what is the right form between the two questions ?

I often win to immortal, the IA's army is weak, while at deity IA is most technologically advanced then me and always defeat me.
Am I the only one have this problem ?

I haven't buckled in for a full brawl at the Deity level yet. I started one game and when I encountered Persia's 2nd city on the 17th turn, and it was already a size 4 (my capitol was a 3), I said "This will not end well."

HB

you wouldnt be the only one, luca. and since the patch came out immortal has gotten much harder too. im still not used to the adjustments they made. i have to break some old habits.

and i think it's appropriately challenging from level to level but if you can handle immortal, anything below it will seem so easy. for those still challenged by Prince or lower the next level up will make you adjust your strategy which is what they are designed to do.

I have only played one Deity game since the patch- shuffle map. I had a nice little 2 city island, not isolated. I am thinking that I have a nice defensive position, maybe a chance at a culture win.

Rolled by French musket and cannon and frigates 1140 AD

Is there anyone who thinks that the game is too easy on level 7 and too difficult on lvl 8 ?

you score points for using the correct 'too' and 'there'. get a good grip of there, their and they're and you will have better English skillz than half of the UK.

deity is immortal without wonders and with more units a

Anybody thinks the game is too easy to level 7 and very difficult at lvl 8 ?

Is there anyone who thinks that the game is too easy to level 7 and very difficult at lvl 8 ?

The difference is "inference" in the syntax.

"Anyone think the game is too easy..." is a question to a group whether they feel (x). My answer to the first is, "No (or yes), I feel..."

"Is there anyone who thinks the game is too easy..." is a question to an undefined singular or plural whether they "feel anyone else feels" (x). My answer to the second question is, "Yes, likely someone feels this way".

further...
The question "Anybody thinks the game is too easy..." can be correct grammar if you're asking if the singular subject, whose name is "Anybody" feels this way. This idiomatic syntax was made popular in Abbott and Costello's "Who's on first?".

On every level below diety, you get 1 settler to start and so does the AI. On diety, they get 2 settlers. I'm not sure the game was designed and balanced for that. I beleive that diety is just something extra for you when you have managed to defeat Immortal. Its not how civ was intended to be played.

Immortal is definitely too easy.

Deity is equal parts capricious, tedious, and difficult. That last bit probably just stems from my lack of experience, but it's hard to get motivated to play given the other two. I play IV instead.

On diety I can defend myself, sometimes defeat one or two neighbors, but another IA always win and I can't do anything to stop him.

Maybe It's my fault and I have to change my strategy, even if It works very well on immortal level

In my experience, I can only win Deity with a Domination Victory.

Science? forget it.
Culture? you will never catch up.
Diplomacy? the AI consumes too many city states

I play most games on Immortal, and find it challenging.

Top Bottom