Boudica being REALLY unappreciative or bad AI? You decide.

Look, m8. Stop arguing for arguing sake. This is not a dick measuring contest. It`s as I said and it`s illogical. Boudica should not have reacted that way unless she`s determined to go to war and the Devs haven`t programmed this part of the game quite right.

I won`t argue with you any more on it.

Moderator Action: :nono: please don't troll around.

Actually, he is right in asking for more info. There are hundreds of things that could have influenced how she feels about you, or allowing you open borders.

You should have gifted her the city in return for open borders, she definitely would have said yes to that.

Just because you liberate a city, doesn't mean they will unconditionally love you and do everything you say - particularly if there is a history of you not honoring agreements with other civs, not just her.

Well, back to my main issue.

Seems like Boudica was in war mode and had gone past being nice, no matter what I do. she declared war on me a few turns later saying she was pretending to be friends! It still don`t really make sense.

I asked France (he`d sued for peace just a little earlier) to join me in a war against Boudica and to my surprise he agreed for 100 gold and 45 turns of metal! Maybe he`s annoyed with Boudicca`s craziness as well. Seems like I was at war with the wrong Civ.

The "units on my borders" thing is just super dumb. Similar to the OP's situation, I've had Japan plop a city down on MY border and IMMEDIATELY tell me to DoW or move my troops out of my own territory.

Well, I sacked the city and kept rolling all the way to his capital. I don't know why he was so upset, he asked me to move my Chu-Ko-Nu, I moved them....

Seriously though, this thing and the "friendship" begging really needs to either be given to the player or be seriously reworked. I'm tired of getting a diplo hit because I won't give half my gold to the guy who has fallen on "hard times" with his 3000 gold + 156 gpt.

Got to agree - if they could change these 2 things you listed [Less dumb AI regarding units on border and/or give the human the ability to ask, move your units away from my land or just declare war as well.

And I agree - the begging for my 10 gold per game in the early stages when you have 3x my GPT - yet you are still "on hard times" just seems silly to me. Perhaps limit asking for luxury gifts

That`s the prime reason I made this thread. It was to bring the issue to the AI Developer`s awareness of the problem. It wasn`t to argue with the random odd forumer.

A few changes to the AI programming (and some proper play testing) could fix this.

I mean, I'm not entirely opposed to the "Move or DoW me" thing, I just think it needs to be reworked. The game would be kind of silly if we could just put our units in perfect position without the AI being able to do anything about it, but they ask WAY too frequently and in sometimes very silly cases as I outlined in my previous post.

The begging thing is just dumb if we can't ask for assistance back though.

I do think the AI undervalues the gift of a city, at least a nice one.

Yep. They give cities away far too easily.

The new surrender code is a bit skewed. They give away cities and loads of goodies for peace, even if you're not that much tougher than them.

Also, in terms of AI issues I think there are a lot worse issues than this - their inability to still not be able to launch prolonged attacks, and their bad decisions with embarking units in to the pitts of hell.

Top Bottom