Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

37. Copper wasn't required to build the Statue of Liberty, it just made production of it twice as fast.

38. Great Engineers work themselves to death while building wonders.

39. Izzy and Saladin must have been slacking off as Asoka founded both Buddhism and Hinduism.

40. Buddhism was founded 100 years before Hinduism.

41. Likewise Confucianism was founded before Taoism, despite Lao Tzu being born first.

42. Great Generals either wore striped robes with a helmet, medieval armor, or a WWII-era uniform-nothing in between.

43. The state owning everything and not having private property actually makes everyone more efficient, producing a lot more and growing more food.

44. There are only 7 religions. If you believe anything else I guess we just call you a pagan.

45. If the UN passes a resolution your country better go along with it or EVERYONE will be majorly pissed off, regardless of whether they agree with the resolution or not.

46. Running out of fossil fuels is a myth. We'll never run out of oil. In fact one oil well in texas can fuel mass transit for the entire country, as well as all of our tanks and planes, for eternity.

47. It is cost efficient to make trains reach every destination. No matter how frequent it is visited.

48. Confucianism, the Caste System and courthouses were all developed at exactly the same time as Hammurabi's Code of Laws.

49. Wine is the only type of alcohol, and tobacco does not exist outside of Sitting Bull's peace pipe.

This is not true. You can pick bananas (reflected in the +1 food you get without any improvements). You need Calender to FARM bananas.

Picky :)
If I'm not allowed that one then how about:

50. Jungles can't be cut down without knowing how to work iron, but can be cut down without actually having any iron.

Picky :)
If I'm not allowed that one then how about:

50. Jungles can't be cut down without knowing how to work iron, but can be cut down without actually having any iron.

Oh, you have no idea :D

You don't need to know Iron Working to cut down jungles. You just need a settler ;)

Silly boy :p

54) Island nation city's can have the biggest population, and can be the wealthiest places. But they will be lazy and will not work because there is not way to ship raw material overseas.

55) Can turn the whole world into a desert wasteland and cut down all the trees, but all the animals will survive.

56. No matter how many hammers a city is producing, a city can only build one building or unit a year.

57. There are only seven musicals, movies, and singles.

58. Mines, towns, windmills, and cities automatically upgrade when you enter a new age.

We have continent wide communications in 4000 BC because I can talk to Montezuma when I am Eisenhower and my scout just reached his border!

60. Scouts run twice as fast as warriors, but at the sight of lions they commit suicide.

61) The ability to grind glass into lenses makes the production of small ocean-going ships possible, but you need to be able to read the stars to make them bigger.

62) The discovery that things are made from other things, along with some ability to mix them together, allows ocean going ships to carry cannon before the discovery of the funny black powder that makes it possible for land forces to carry muskets.

EDIT: Silly Oldskald! Learning how to mix things up in funny shaped glasses has nothing to do with the ability to put cannon on ships - it's all down to the lens grinders. Those lens grinders have a lot to answer for... The most amazing thing is the way that the cannon are actually built-in to the ships, thus frustrating any attempts to remove them and use them on land. Anyway, note to self, stop trying to be funny after 14 hour days and not enough coffee...

64) Pirates apparently need a chemistry qualification before they can go rostering across the seven seas, blockading, pillaging and generally making a pain of themselves. Should we tell Cap'n Jack...?

65) A lone spy can seemingly make millions of people revolt against their political masters (given enough "espionage points").

66) The science community may only research one thing at a time. When this research is completed they must all switch their attention to the next research goal at the behest of the government.

67) When Great Merchants complete trade missions they make possibly thousands for their home government. However, as they die in the completion of the mission, how does the money get back to the Treasury? It must be magic.... (just like the way that all that money "disappeared" in 2008).

68) The Bermuda Triangle is mobile.

69) Despite all evidence to the contrary humans have never actually learnt how to transport animals and plants to new continents for the purposes of establishing breeding colonies in their new lands. They have only been able to transport animals for military purposes. Any nature documentary that tells you otherwise is just part of the "Great Conspiracy". [dons tinfoil hat and retreats back into cave...]

70)Borders are maintanied and shaped by culture.

71)A city with 1 population can build buildings but towns and villages.

72)All combats are duals, one-by-one like samurais.

Top Bottom