Elohim With Salsa: Modular mod.

My favorite module to my favorite Mod (I probably wouldn't be playing CivIV at all if it weren't for FfH2).

Anyway has the Elohim module been updated to work correctly with the latest versions of FfH2 and FF? If yes what version do I need to download?

I tried using the older version (the one for 031) with the new FfH2 040z where it still works but with some errors (error messages about the Gypsy Wagons - I didn't experience any crashes yet, but I didn't get very far in the game, so I don't know what exactly it will mess up) and with FF 050 where it doesn't work.

Hey, I remember this...

I tried using the older version (the one for 031) with the new FfH2 040z where it still works but with some errors (error messages about the Gypsy Wagons - I didn't experience any crashes yet, but I didn't get very far in the game, so I don't know what exactly it will mess up) and with FF 050 where it doesn't work.

I'd prefer to just do a FF update. But I'll take a look at a FfH update, afterward- might not require much effort.

Re: FF - What EWS features would you want to keep? The FF versions of the Abbey, Monastery, and Monk are arguably just as spicy, if not spicier. Want the EWS versions of those, or just the Paladin UU, Leader Traits, and griffons?

Hey, I remember this...

I'd prefer to just do a FF update. But I'll take a look at a FfH update, afterward- might not require much effort.

Re: FF - What EWS features would you want to keep? The FF versions of the Abbey, Monastery, and Monk are arguably just as spicy, if not spicier. Want the EWS versions of those, or just the Paladin UU, Leader Traits, and griffons?

I have to admit that I haven't seen the FF versions of the Abbey and Monastary yet (mostly it is my wife and I playing hot seat games, but the new FF keeps crashing in the multiplayer games - at least the hot seat games - so we are playing FfH now).
If I remember correctly EWS also introduced the Fortress to the other civs? Or am I getting confused here? Anyway I'd say I mostly loved the griffons and the additional leader traits. And if there is no fortress for other civs in the regular game now I wouldn't mind that back...

Alright - v5 is on the download page. It's FfH2-only, and only the Griffon option.

EDIT: It loads without error, the 'pedia seems OK and I can start a Elohim game without error. No testing beyond that.

Giving the Elohim the power to redeem Griffons sounds werid, but it's an interesting way to make them more unique...

Alright - v5 is on the download page. It's FfH2-only, and only the Griffon option.

EDIT: It loads without error, the 'pedia seems OK and I can start a Elohim game without error. No testing beyond that.

Thanks :) (and now to lengthen it to at least 10 characters, because thanks is too short... LOL)

Well, I don't know what else to say in this situation except to repeat that I had always liked EwS.

This might come in handy as button art, its even in Eloheim colors! I've got to say even if you don't like Magic the Gathering it does produce a lot of excellent art.

Another thing I always considered strange is that the only option with graveyards for Elohim is to plunder them. You can't really protect them as you would expect for a civ that's described as the keepers of holy places. Actually you can do different things with them if they should live longer than the early game, but that never happens.
That's why I think a spell would be cool that had the same effect as plundering it but instead of destroying it it is replaced by a similar improvement that can't be plundered (and this spell also cannot be cast on it). But the other spells you can usually cast on them can still be used (like Resurrection or Sanctify).

Top Bottom