Insanely OP Sidar Exploit?

redshift9

Chieftain
Hey I'm a long time reader first time poster. I'm not sure whether this is common knowledge or not, but I figured I'd post it anyway.

I started a game as Sidar today and there was a Goblin fort nearby with a couple stacks of archers. With 25% hill defence and fortification bonuses I couldn't kill them, so I decided to send some archers over to soften them up with ranged attacks.

Well, it didn't take long to discover that every time I fired an arrow, my unit got 2 exp. And since theres a cap on ranged damage, I could keep shooting them repeatedly with multiple archers and they would never die. They never came out to attack my stack of archers and never moved. So soon I was getting EXP like no tomorrow and generating a shade every turn by just farming them.

:)

Which mod(s) are you using? You cannot shoot arrows in normal FFH.

Forgot to mention that I'm running Orbis.
Probably should have posted this in their thread.

It's the same with FF, and the Goblin Archers do that, too. That's why there are usually high level barbarian archers, because they will fire on passing AI scouts, which will then directly fortify to heal, and stay there for quite a long time, because they will never heal next to the archer.
You can also do that on animal dens, like bear dens, to train your ranged units. Of course it's an exploit, but you can easily choose not to do it. It's tempting, of course. And has nothing to do with Sidar.

You're right that exploiting it for XP is not unique to the Sidar, but only the Sidar will get an infinite supply of Shades out of it. That could make for quite an OCC game.

Simple fix (i say simple in total ignorance of how hard AI programming is) is to make enemy units attempt to engage when shot at long range. Or just massively reduce the amount of xp recieved from doing this.

Top Bottom