Fall Further 051 Bug Report Thread

Oh there was a problem even with just moving out of range, not leaving their command completely? I just tested the leaving command and that was also an issue.

Aireagines: You might be able to uninstall BtS completely, then re-install it and patch directly to 3.19. Tedious, but could work.

Yes, savegame of Brigit please. Daikonos: Not sure they should be quite that fast, but possibly. The important question is, did you choose the gameoption to make them appear? If so, you asked for it, and it is a balance issue from there. If not, then it is a bug and please let me know that they did indeed appear without option being enabled.

Don't worry about Daikonos, I had the dark forest option selected, so It's only a balance issue! I'll report in the appropriate thread as soon as I know more about it.

Here you are, I'm sorry for being this late...
Also, I only have 2 saves wich I guarded before, my little cousin started a new game and overwrote the ones I hoped to post here...
Fortunately, I had made a backup of these two.

The first one is before meeting Brigit, you can find her just to the south-west of my visible area in WB, she's very close and already outside of the ring.
The second one I had already captured her, I think is about 2 rounds before the strange resurrection-fight I described before!

Hope this helps! I'm sorry, I had one autosave of the exact round, but it was lost!

Edit: Now that I think about it... Could it be that Brigit was wandering around because she had been made "Lost" by Daikonos?!? Just a guess I suppose, but hey, if it helps...

Attachments

• Divvu Turn_0009.CivBeyondSwordSave
    83.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Divvu Turn_0018.CivBeyondSwordSave
    95 KB · Views: 123
I'm not concerned about her being outside of the ring, that is usually a mapscript issue, and not many ways around it with how Brigit is handled, but your mention of the Daikonos possibly doing it does make me wonder if there might be something going on. However, she shouldn't even be capable of movement in that form, so it is most likely the mapscript. It really would be best to link her appearing at all to the Ring itself, but the image of her standing there is a nice effect and would be lost that way. But thanks for the saves to test out Immortality.

Update on the commander Stack Effects: I have solved for joining/leaving and MOST moving. There is still one way to cause stacking to go wonky which I am looking at.

Oh there was a problem even with just moving out of range, not leaving their command completely? I just tested the leaving command and that was also an issue.

I was talking about grouping units together and clicking the "Leave Army" button and suffering casualties when using a group of units.

I'm not concerned about her being outside of the ring, that is usually a mapscript issue, and not many ways around it with how Brigit is handled, but your mention of the Daikonos possibly doing it does make me wonder if there might be something going on. However, she shouldn't even be capable of movement in that form, so it is most likely the mapscript. It really would be best to link her appearing at all to the Ring itself, but the image of her standing there is a nice effect and would be lost that way. But thanks for the saves to test out Immortality.

You're welcome really!
I'm aware of the usual problems with Brigit Spawning outside, the reason why I mentioned it is because I have this impression that she hadn't just spawned outside, but that she was actually moving around (also, mapscript was "tectonics", never had that problem before with this one)
Checking the first save I posted I'm almost sure that during my first play I had meet her way to the south, while there she's standing directly to the west.
About the Immortality, I'm a little short on time, but if you cannot reproduce it, I'll try to replay that game from turn 19 in hope of being able to nail it down when I'm back.

Just ask!

Thx again for your efforts...

It really would be best to link her appearing at all to the Ring itself, but the image of her standing there is a nice effect and would be lost that way. But thanks for the saves to test out Immortality.

I don't see why the effect would be lost. Couldn't the Ring of Carcer just spawn a brigit unit on itself, on turn 1. And she'd be permanantly held. Possibly with a special AI that makes her continue to do nothing, even if she somehow becomes able to move.

The main issue with using Turn 1 instead of Map Generation is having the game know at turn 1 that the Ring exists, or having the ring know that it is now Turn 1. Both of them sound simple for a human mind, but for the computer mind require that we add functions which slow things down. And the ideal solution I meant was to only have a single Brigit unit in the code anywhere, instead of 1 copy which is held and 1 copy which is normal.

Granted, we could make it only slow down the time between turns 1 and 2, which is already lengthy due to the AI settling their cities so may not be noticed, but it is also a matter of code-elegance :)

Commander promotion issue is solved now. Also improved the display of promotions on a stack of units to reflect multiple copies properly, so you don't have to select the individual unit to see how many copies he has.

Divvu: I haven't looked at the immortality issue just yet. A save where I can reliably see it happen with the click of a single button is absolutely ideal, so I would say keep your eye out for it to happen again, but don't strain too hard to replicate it. If nobody else reports it I am willing to accept that it was a freak accident, even though such things don't exist when dealing with code. Immortality isn't so rare that it will go unreported if easily replicated though, and if not easily replicated, it isn't worth going out of your way to do so, since it didn't cause a crash :)

I'm getting a new CTD. I think it's from another civ building a dwarven smithy. Will let you know!

Edit: It is the dwarven smithy. Try looking at it in the 'pedia. Also, the same thing happens with the adularia chamber.
Edit2: It's a bad art tag. I changed it to <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_FORGE</ArtDefineTag> in civ4buildinginfo.xml and it stopped crashing the game.

Divvu: I haven't looked at the immortality issue just yet. A save where I can reliably see it happen with the click of a single button is absolutely ideal.

Here you go! I Hasted her with the WB, hope this doesn't invalidate this save as a test, also I had to remove the Lost promotion a couple of time but this is the situation!
I was able to replicate the mid-combat resurrection, you just need to attack the Daikonos next to her and hope to obtain the same results that I did, not hard becuse she's already wounded...
I don't know if this is related to the enemy escaping from combat or something that messes with Immortal itself.
Only thing that differed from the first time I noticed this is that this time, at the start of the combat she simply wanished, I was still able to see her run back to the frontline from the capital. The daikonos simply moved one tile away upon her arrival!

edit: oh, and by all means, ignore all my rambling if you believe it's unimportant or that there are more pressing issues at hand :)
I'm really doing this out of respect and nothing more! If my misadventures (sp?) can help you polish your considerable work, it's an honor for me!

Attachments

• Divvu Brigit.CivBeyondSwordSave
    99.7 KB · Views: 138
So, I was scrolling through the pedia a bit. I noticed two art issues. The Shrine of Kyorlin was a red dome. And so was the Calabim palace. The Shrine must be too small for me to see in the normal map view, cuz I was playing the Scions and couldn't see any red blobs in any of my cities. The Calabim Palace is more concerning, as it's large enough to be seen in normal map view. A large unsightly blob for a palace -- ugh, no thanks. I'm kinda anal about this one since the Calabim are my favorite civ.

Anyway, what do I need to do to fix it? And should I post a save of one of my games? (If so, I'll have to do it later cuz this PC is at work and doesn't have any civ games on it.) Thanks for the help in advance. :)

Hello, I am using lastest 0.51. There are 2 workers on haunted land, when I try to move them there is a CTD.

Attachments

• Jalek Turn_0153.CivBeyondSwordSave
    348.2 KB · Views: 143
look outside cityscreen.

the cities work another tile that isnt in their 1 - tile radius.

had this 1 time aswell

this will of course only happen to newly conquered cities

Nah, it's happening to ones I built too.

So the answer is to look for an empty worked tile, hope it's not a piece of crap, and improve it?

The Changelog said units will stop trying to heal beside ranged attackers anymore, but my automated scouts still do.

Yes, you were supposed to get tons of error messages, because something is certainly going wrong. I need you to report what all of those errors are so we can figure out what precisely that is though. I know it'll be a bit of a PITA because of how they appear, and the worst thing is that a lot of them will actually be useless. But there is at least 1 of them that tells us how to fix your interface.

OK, here goes:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in?

File "<string>", line 52, in load_module?

***THIS REPEATS OFTEN SO I WILL JUST WRITE REPEAT

File "CvEventInterface", line 13 in?

File "CVCustomEventManager", line 23 in?

REPEAT

File "CvEventManager", line 11, in?

REPEAT

File "CvScreensInterface", line 3, in?

REPEAT

File "CvMainInterface", line 3, in?

REPEAT

File "CvConfigParser", line 26, in?

REPEAT

File "CvPath", line 135, in?

File "CvPath", line 112, in_get UserDir

File "CvPath", line 104, in_get RegValue

Windows Error

<Error 2> The system cannot find the file specified

An error box with no text only an "x" in a circle

Failed to load python module CvEventInterface

Those are all the lines I get - I hope I didn't make too many typos. I am a lousy typist and couldn't use the old copy-paste routine as usual. ;)

After going through all these errors, I am able to use Play Now, but get the screen like the shot I attached previously. Also, cannot access Advanced/Options, World Builder, etc.

Thank you

Both known RLAF, we just need to figure out where the art was moved to in out PAK and point it at the right new pathway (or include the art in a patch if we forgot to PAK it up)

Ok. I'm sure you've noticed a few other Scions' building have it as well. Um...also, had a CTD. I was making haunted lands with my new Ghostwalker. After making 4 tiles into haunted lands, had 2 creepers. 1 I let ride around with my Ghostwalker. The 2nd I decided to have roam by clicking the Explore button.
Then the CTD hit. Here is a save that's a couple turns back from that event. I had my 1 creeper riding around with Ghostwalker.

Attachments

• The Risen Emperor.CivBeyondSwordSave
    648.2 KB · Views: 174
On the jotnar citizen thing: When you settle a city, it autoassigns the first citizen to what it deems the best workable tile in the standard BFC, rather than the 1-tile radius. This is no problem if your culture doesn't overlap the standard BFC, since none of the outer ring tiles would be workable anyway. But if, say, you settle squarely in your own culture and there's a pastured cow 2 tiles away from your new city that's not within any other city's 1-tile ring, well, guess what your new city's first citizen is going to work.

The hardest this bug can hit you is if your new city has no improved tiles at all in the BFC, and of all the empty tiles something like a grassland forest in the outer ring gets picked. Tiles chosen this way aren't visibly worked, so you're stuck improving every tile in the outer ring hoping you hit the one your guy got autoassigned to.

Ok. I'm sure you've noticed a few other Scions' building have it as well. Um...also, had a CTD. I was making haunted lands with my new Ghostwalker. After making 4 tiles into haunted lands, had 2 creepers. 1 I let ride around with my Ghostwalker. The 2nd I decided to have roam by clicking the Explore button.
Then the CTD hit. Here is a save that's a couple turns back from that event. I had my 1 creeper riding around with Ghostwalker.

Probably the same problem I mentioned earlier. Something happens to the units inside the haunted lands that triggers a CTD when they move onto a normal tile. Your wandering creeper is most likely causing it. It gets to be a problem when the haunted lands spread all over the place and no units at all can move out without crashing the game.

Sarisin: Did you rename the directory after installation maybe? (I only ask because of all the Path lines in there) Though that should have given you a GFC error, not plain python errors.

Kael's approach to this issue might be best: Can you post some screenshots of your mod directory? (One showing the Assets, Resource and other folders, one showing inside Assets, another inside Resource, and possibly even one showing inside Assets/Python?)

Can you read the Pedia at all?

Ooh, looking at it a second time makes me wonder: Did you change the folder that BtS itself is installed in after installation? It seems like it is checking your registry to find out where the game is (for some reason, probably something imported from BUG long ago) and getting a bad result, so freaking out. If that is the cause, it is probably safest to completely re-install Civilization, as editing your registry is risky business. But maybe a registry cleaner program (can find some for free online, just Wiki before you download to make sure it is legit) can help out as well.

I'm not getting a religious victory here with Quick Religious turned on even though I have 94% of the populace worshipping RoK and I have the holy city.

Top Bottom