Thing I learned about the world thru Civ4

274. The only way you can build an armored car is if you also know how to build robots.

274. The only way you can build an armored car is if you also know how to build robots.

this actually makes sense, seeing the immensely tough job of putting the armor onto the car.

One could only credibly believe the Mayan calendar end date of 2012 AD if one also believes its beginning date of 3114 BC. Dinosaur fossils are what give me plausible optimism for a continuance of life past the next year and a half.

You do know that dinosaurs were alive during the B.C.'s, they just went by the name "Jesus Horses"

277. People in the old days were much slower than people now. A person would require 30 years in the ancient era to travel the same distance as a person in the modern era can travel in 1 year.

278. Steel was not needed to build the Eiffel Tower but radio and a forge was.

279. Likewise Broadway did not need the knowledge of drama and music to produce all those hit musicals, it only needed electricity to run all those advertising signs.

Emphasis mine.

Just a kind suggestion: We have a number of Mexican and Latin American members here at CFC. In fact, there are members from all over the world. Insulting people (even accidentally) with ethnic based remarks is never a good idea.

We generally try to avoid nationalistic political comments (that aren't about game civs) for that reason. Patriotism is a good thing, but not at the expense of slagging users who don't belong to your country, whatever the real world political situation might be.

I'm sorry about that, and I will remove that right away.

280. Antarctica was never discovered, since the only way to get through icebergs is with a submarine. Because of this, no one made it to the North Pole yet. Also, Antarctica only has 3 ice tiles all across the bottom of the Globe.

China and Ancient Egypt can't exchange technical knowledge because their languages are written without alphabets.

284. Apparently there's a button somewhere with a big question mark on it. By pressing it all the knowledge of how the world works will become available. "Worldopedia"... I wonder where the button is...

285. Transport boats that look like the ones that landed on the beaches of Normandy June 6th 1944 (if you don't know what I'm talking about, google D-Day or June 6th 1944) can carry four Modern Armor, Mechanized Infantry, or Gunship units, yet carriers can oly carry 3 fighters or Jet fighters. Unless I am mistaken, a landing boat could barely fit a tank, and those were the larger ones...

@ Lemon Merchant- Thank you, no one has said that to me yet.

286. Spies automatically get a sex change as soon as their civilization becomes industrialized.

287. It can take a spy several years to travel to a distant city but they can return to their country's capital city (and only to their capital city) immediately

China and Ancient Egypt can't exchange technical knowledge because their languages are written without alphabets.
Actually, the Egyptian hieroglyphics are mostly alphabetic in nature. It's just a more complex system - some represent 1 letter, some 2, and some 3 and, like other alphabetic systems of the general era and region, they leave out most of the vowel sounds. And they can also represent literally the thing they depict, but that is generally done by adding a mark that indicates that that is what it being done (the owl symbol with a determinative mark means "owl, without it it is the letter "m").

288. the Dutch are rich but they're too greedy to give you anything :crazyeye:

289. All nations of the world are eager to found cities in the polar ice caps.

Top Bottom