FFH More Events ModMod

So I was playing FfH and some how got a vanilla Civ4 event. It was the one where an opposing city is rioting and offers you the chance to spend money to destroy improvements around the city. Of course the final option didn't work because it required espionage, but it got me thinking.

Trigger: City has had an excessive number turns of unhappiness, same or similar as the original event, random opponent is presented with:

Our infiltrators in <city x> report growing unrest, what shall we do about this?

I care not for the problems of others.
Nothing happens.

Send an enchantment adept to help quell the unrest!
5 :) for 5 turns in target city and +1 relations with that civ

Send a chaos adept to further seed unrest!
5 :( for 5 turns in target city and -1 relations with that civ

Send an entropy adept to poison their wells!
5 Sick faces for 5 turns in target city, 50% chance of -1 relations.

Send a fire adept to help the rioters!
Random building of cost less than X hammers destroyed (ie a limit to keep it to minor buildings), 25% chance of -1 relations.

Send a sun adept to burn their crops while the militia is preoccupied!
1-3 random farms in the fat cross are destroyed, 25% chance of -1 relations.

Send an earth adept to collapse their mines while the militia is preoccupied!
1-3 random mines in the fat cross are destroyed, 25% chance of -1 relations

Send an ice adept to put the freeze on.
1-3 random tiles become tundra, if tile is already tundra it become ice, 25% chance of -1 relations.

Send a cadre of shadow, death, entropy, and chaos adepts to wreck havoc upon the city!
City loses 2 population, 5 :( for 10 turns, 5 sick faces for 10 turns, 3 random improvements in the fat cross are destroyed. -5 relations with effected civ, reduces by one every 20 turns, -1 relations with all other civs.
Not documented in event description to player: 33% chance that 20 turns later an assassin from the target city will seek revenge and kill a settled great person, randomly selected from all that are settled, of the initiators civ.

keep giving ideas, it will make only more possible events.

Next update will be in two or three weeks, i had an epic event idea.
(i call epic event an event which requires you to do something after he has triggered like Gela)

Nice, I'd like to include this in my own modmod, do you know whether these events would increase the chance of oos errors? these events look awesome :)

some of them are single-player only ( mainly those who modify attitude) , the others should be fine. I cannot think of any reason for them to cause oos.

feel free to use them

An idea I had a while back, too late to get put into Marnok's dungeon events:

"The Mad Golemicist"

(Triggers on a unit)

While on patrol, your [UNITNAME] stumbles across the laboratory of an isolated golem-maker. As the golem-maker greets you, you see a strange, crazed glint in his eye. Some of the half-finished golems that you can see lying around appear disturbingly...biological.
"Welcome," the golem-maker says. "I could use another deft pair of hands for my experiments. My golem assistants are strong, but they lack manual dexterity. Will you help me?"

1) No, this place makes me nervous. I'm going to leave now. (nothing happens)

2) These experiments are an abomination! Kill him, and sieze his gold and his magical materials. But watch out for his golems! (+$100gp; your unit gains the Sheut Stone promotion; 2 barbarian Wood Golems spawn)

3) Yes, I will help you.
- (if unit is a golem) "Ah yes, I can see much room for improvement here. Let me just adjust this and tweak that...there!" (unit is promoted to Heroic Strength I and II, Heroic Defense I and II).
- (if unit is Barnaxus) "Oh my, what a perfect specimen! I can't see how I could possibly improve you, my friend. Maybe if I remove this piece...oh no! I broke it!" (Barnaxus is killed; pieces of Barnaxus are left on the tile).
- (if not Barnaxus or a golem, 50% chance) "If you'll just hold this intestine while I cast the enchantment .... There we go! It's perfect!" (recieve a Str 2 Flesh Golem).
- (if not Barnaxus or a golem, 50% chance) "Just hold this piece for me...no! What are you doing? You dropped it! My experiment is ruined! Now I will need new experimental materials. Golems, seize them! Hold them down while I saw open the skulls. It's a tight space in there, but I have some excellent clockwork that will fit once I remove the useless gray matter. (unit is promoted to Combat V; receives the Golem racial promotion).

like this one, will make it spawn during an exploring ( but will reduce the bonus of the first and foruth which are too powerful)

Not sure I agree about the first being too powerful; remember that it's only a golem, and so it can never become an uber-promoted killing machine. The 4th is definitely too powerful; maybe Empower V would be better.

Some event ideas:

Wand of the Golden Soul
"A secret lab has been found in #cityname, it once belonged to a luchuirp mage-alchemist who wanted to succeed where all before him failed: turning stone to gold.
His lifelong searches had made him crazy by the time he thought of the way to achieve his goal. He realized that altering the Stoneskin spell was much easier than creating an entirely new formula, and so his spell turns flesh into gold. He died in the process of creating the wand, and his secret lab was never found - until now."

1. We can use this lab for our studies (recieve an alchemy lab)

2. Finish the alchmeists work and create this wand

25% it goes wrong-- our alchemists were unsuccesful in creating the wand, the spell backfired and turned the entire lab and even the alchemists into solid gold!
recieve 1 gold resource, lose 2 beakers in city

75% Our alchemists have made the Wand of the Golden Soul!
(recieve unique equipment that has spell Goldskin, this spell gives +2 defence and makes the user immune to magic)

Murlynd's Spoon
"Murlynd the druid thought having intelligent plants to converse with in the atrium was a wonderful idea. He got together with a local sorcerer, and through much trial and error, managed to cross pollinate several magical and terrestrial plant strains into a new, intelligent, wonderfully talkative breed.

Unfortunately for Murlynd, while the discussions on the philosophies of civilization, nature, and all things in between was deeply fruitful and engaging, the new plant was based primarily off of a particularly virulent strain of weed, and his atrium is now filled with scores of large, talkative bushes.

Also unfortunately, the hybrids are no longer able to photosynthesize and must all be fed a fairly large portion of food each day. It wasn't so bad at first, but his food budget was rapidly outgrown by their sprouting.

In desperation, he turned back to the sorcerer, who made a fairly unremarkable looking spoon that was able to magically create a large amount of thick pasty gruel each day; perfect for feeding his new philosopher's forum.

It has been a few months, and they are starting to complain - loudly - of the warm cardboard taste of it all. The clamor has gotten so loud that he has been issued several noise citations, The people of #Cityname are threatening to burn the plants to the ground, and worst of all, the food that Murlynd's Spoon is creating still tastes bland. "

The druid has turned to you for to help calm the people as well as find some way to make the magic food palatable. Any flavor will do, though most of the plants are asking for delightful fruit flavors - Bannana in particular - and that one slightly shriveled plant in the darkest corner of the atrium is wondering aloud what a flesh-flavored gruel would entail."

1.Give the plants fruit, they will be our new philosophers!
(requires bannana or fruit of yggdrassil) gain +2 great sage gpp

2. These plants must be hungry for meat, have the druid chopped into pieces and fed to them! (reqs evil) gain a cannibal myconid

3. Who cares about that? this spoon could feed the people! (gain +2 food, +1 unhappiness)

4.The people are right, burn them down! (spawns a barbarian myconid)

Original ideas from : http://www.roleplayingtips.com/readissue.php?number=454#F1.
I just adapted them for ffh.

i love the spoon event, definitely be in

so for the next version , you will have :
mad golemicist, Overcrowded dungeon, ancient burial events

and of course the new epic event: The Great pilgrimage( first of a serie) :

Triggers when an elohim monk is created. if you agree to let him begin a pilgrimage, he will become a defensive only unit with more def strength , which will have to visit three Unique features , to gain unique abilities and accomplish the pilgrimage.

Once it is done, it will be able to attack and Build the Fort of the Blank Banner which enables the city to build the order of the Blank Banner, powerful city taking unit but which will raze the cities it takes

NB : for AI which doesn't understand those kinds of events, they will have a chance to gain the benefits of the events.

Top Bottom