Request for Wildmana 8

The new economic system may be every bit as wonderful as you say, but I still maintain that the 'pedia does a very poor job explaining how it's supposed to work. A major change to a fundamental game system like that really needs to be adequately explained and not something you figure out solely through trial and error.
The pedia points you to the mouseover in the cityscreen that explains most numbers. There are also some guides on the forum that give you some information. It's impossible to write a pedia entry to please everyone.

I wish there were an MOM with mana-node based spells reinstated that don't cost energy every time you use them. Why did you do that? Did you think spells being cast every turn were too strong?

yes, definetly. Allmost any balance thread had a lot of arguments to limit magic in some way. If you played Amurites for example, once you got firebows it was practically game over. Magic that costs mana can be a gamechanger, but it isn't something that wins you the game on its own. If you look at fantasy strategy games, it's hard to find one that does not use a mana system like MoM.

My main gripes remain with the Fey and Frozen civilizations (really need a way to disable the latter) and the economy - though the economy I'm still trying to figure out, because there seems to be annoyingly little information on how it works now.
all it takes to keep the Frozen out of the game is not to construct the Ritual that summons them...

And what's to stop the AI from summoning them?

why should the AI even bother to summon them? The AI cannot switch civs.

In the games I play, both Basium and Hyborem frequently show up, and neither are summoned by me. True, this is both on regular FFH and RifE, not MoM - but unless the MoM AI has been specifically told not to summon in either of them or Taranis for that matter, the fact remains that they'll show up. I do not like the Frozen, and I don't want them to show up in a game I play, even summoned by the AI.

By that logic, why should the AI summon Hyborem? Basium? It an extra level of flavor to the game, makes it more dynamic.

Good AI shouldn't summon Hyborem (well, they can't anyway) and evil AI shouldn't summon Basium. Maybe that makes the game more dynamic and gives it some flavor, but it's not the flavor I want. Good AI will summon Basium because they can team up against evil AI. And Evil AI makes the Infernal Pact because of the Civic, Hyborem is just a side product.

In the games I play, both Basium and Hyborem frequently show up, and neither are summoned by me.
It would be sad if they don't show up.

The Frozen are indeed blocked for the AI, mostly because wildmana was designed to have most things optional and some people did not like the Frozen.

But even if you take the time to make things optional someone still complains about issues that are in fact non existant...

Good AI shouldn't summon Hyborem (well, they can't anyway) and evil AI shouldn't summon Basium. Maybe that makes the game more dynamic and gives it some flavor, but it's not the flavor I want. Good AI will summon Basium because they can team up against evil AI. And Evil AI makes the Infernal Pact because of the Civic, Hyborem is just a side product.

It would be sad if they don't show up.

The Frozen are indeed blocked for the AI, mostly because wildmana was designed to have most things optional and some people did not like the Frozen.

But even if you take the time to make things optional someone still complains about issues that are in fact non existant...

I actually said nothing about which alignment should summon them; I agree with you there.

I don't particularly like the idea of a summonable civ that will only be in game if you summon them, however. I would think a better thing would be a game option (either a No Liberation option, or the option Xienwolf added allowing you to toggle what civs are playable), as this way you can keep them out of the game entirely if you choose, while allowing them to appear without your direct intervention if they're allowed.

That said, your mod. We're more or less removing them from ours. ;)

I wasn't aware that only the human player could summon the Frozen, only that they were there and there was no option to prevent them from being summoned.
At least that way, they're not going to show up unless I want them to.

Great I have been looking for wildmana as I didn't fact mom. What version of ffh2 does this run with. Have only just got patch o today. Would I have to reinstall ffh2 and then the specific patch of I can find it?

Great I have been looking for wildmana as I didn't fact mom. What version of ffh2 does this run with. Have only just got patch o today. Would I have to reinstall ffh2 and then the specific patch of I can find it?

afaik WM is a standalone and doesn't require ffh as a preinstall... but give MoM a try, it is worth it!!!

Greez,

Tschuggi

Wow. Thanks for the speedy reply. I have only played 2 games of ffh2 and i like it but notice s that wm seems to improve ai and add a few things rather than overhaul it. Which is all I want for now. After i've played this a few times I will try mom. Thankyou

Thanks for the upload!
For me MoM seems to be too much: I don't want a game of its own, I want FFH2 with some improvements. Wildmana seems to be perfect for that :)

thanks for that.

I tried Master of Mana, it's just not the same. Didn't like it one bit. Lotsa good work in there, but it just is too much micro and too annoying a starting game.

Hello,

here is one more download location.

I hope the publication is permitted.
If not announce by Pm.

Wild Mana 8

incl. Patches 8.02, 8.04, 8.11, 8.30 and 8.33

http://uploaded.to/file/wn66ufty

513,69 MB

Today i play Master of Mana - MoM 1.24, it`s a very great work!
Thx for this Mod:thumbsup:

Hello,

here is one more download location.

I hope the publication is permitted.
If not announce by Pm.

Wild Mana 8

incl. Patches 8.02, 8.04, 8.11, 8.30 and 8.33

http://uploaded.to/file/wn66ufty

513,69 MB

Today i play Master of Mana - MoM 1.24, it`s a very great work!
Thx for this Mod:thumbsup:

you have to try the 1.3, it is awesome. Asskicking AI, all very stable, working mechanics and AI really is trying to win. So much fun, can't understand why people don't want to learn a few new and easy concepts... it worth tons of fun!!

Top Bottom