Question about Master of Mana - custom game

Vendayn

Warlord
I have a sort of big problem, but it isn't exactly about MoM...mostly just Civilization IV. However, in Fall from Heaven and MoM it really highlights the problem, since all the names are foreign to me. And the MoM forums are down, and guess they've been down for a while.
Moderator Action: Moved to the respective subforum.

In a custom game, I choose a race for each AI. I want one AI, for each race.

Problem?

Yeah...the custom game (I choose custom so I don't have a time limit)...doesn't show which hero is for which civilization. All I can really do is "random good/neutral/bad", as best as I can get...but I don't want a random hero. I want the correct hero for that race.

Is there a way around that? That doesn't rely on me writing each one down and looking through a huge list (this morning I spent 5 minutes scrolling back and forth finding the hero I want to play, and I already know the name. But I am never a morning person :p) to find said hero. Because it is almost a game breaker for me. I don't want some random hero leading a different race than him/her.

OK, I think you mean leaderhead by hero? I'm a little confused.

If you click on that "random good/bad/neutral" leader, you can choose specific leaders which always correspond to the correct civ, likewise, selecting the civilization only will never choose a leader that doesn't apply to that civilization unless you also select "unrestricted leaders". Hope that helps.

Every civ has specific heroes unrelated to the leaders except for Scions of Patria, iirc...

Ah, okay. Yeah I meant leader.

I didn't realize leaders were restricted by civ, even if it showed random on custom game. That is good to know, then. Thanks. :D

I guess you say hero and mean leader(head). Each civ has it's own heros, but they do not corrispond to their leader(heads). Ok? Some heros like Baron Duin Halfmoon are buildable by every civ when having researched the therefore needed technology. But Baron Duin Halfmoon is also a leaderhead for the Doviello.

Hopefully Sephi reopens MoM soon, my best wishes for that. I hope nothing bad happened to him, I am starting to feel bothered. Some kind of notice would be very much appreciated, just to know he is stays well... or not.

Ahh, got ninjad ;-)

Greez,

Tschuggi

I have another question. I've remade a few times, since I realize I missed something. Like I didn't know there was a bottom kind of on the top middle, where you could cast spells.

However...every time I remake, I've manually put in each civilization (all 23 of them, including mine). If I leave it as random, there won't be two of the same civilization...right? Or do I have to manually do that?

normally there shouldn't be any civilization in double... unless you put them there explecitely or if the number of slots for AI civ is superior to the number of AI civs.

(AFAIK, some civs are not available to AI. so the Aos Si, the Arkistah, and some others will never appear randomly.
further, Infernals, Mercurians, and Frozen are not meant to be added at the beginning ; their are summonable.

eventually, you'll want to not use all possible civs in a single game ; it is prone to push you into a crash to desktop or a infinite "waiting on civilization" loop, or a MAF issue.
(unless you have an über computer... and even there I'm not sure...=

play with less civs is my advice :D

So, I'll be playing with 8 civs (7 ai + player).

I looked at all the civs and narrowed down my favorite, then I played a 30-50 turns on each.

I really like clan of embers, Malakim, Lanun, Bannor, Austrin, Aos Si and Aristrakh

I want to play a neutral/good leader. While I really like Aristrakh (Undead) and necromancy, I think I want to go a less of an evil route. I'll probably play them at some point, though.

Any advice on a good starting neutral/good civ (or leader) out of those? For someone that is sort of just starting. I only want to focus on one at a time, or I would never get anywhere :p

Or maybe a different recommendation. I didn't really try each civ for a lot of time, mostly just read about them.

My game crashes on loading map after choosing custom game option.

"play now" option works fine.

I remember vaguely, there were some installing issues....

I simply installed MoM 1.3 and 1.42 + bugfix...

It seems a lot of people like Lanun and Aos Si, judging by the official forums.

Here is why I like them (from the little I've seen)...out of the list I put up, up there

Lanun - Pirates! :D I love navy and controlling waters. I also really like coastal/island based empires, and raiding sea based towns.

Aos Si - Rather different really. Remind me of the Fae in Warlords Battlecry 3 (favorite race in that game)...on top of that, their opening song is AMAZING (imo).

Clan of Embers - Orcs...goblins...trolls...oh my!

Malakim - Opposite really of ocean dwellers. I always really like desert biomes in games.

Bannor - Seem to be the most "good", on top of that...I can summon angelic beings right off the bat

Austrin - Seem to be a good explorer type civ, I love exploring

Aristrakh - Undead...more games need undead as playable. Necromancy is rather cool too. I'm definitely playing these days, but like I said...I'm aiming for a more neutral/good aligned civ to begin with. They seem like a lot of fun from what I've seen.

Top Bottom