I'm so proud...I think.

Sequitor

Chieftain
As a decades long strategy gamer, I very much hoped to impart said love on my children. While my adult daughter has only the slimmest interest in gaming of any sort, my 19 year old son is a hard core shooter/rpg fan (and very adept at it). While I've had some success in getting him interested in strategy games (most especially the Heroes of Might and Magic series) he has only intermittently played Civ and generally tolerated my enthusiasm. However, I'm enjoying BNW so much that I bought Civ 5 with all the expansions for him during the last Steam sale. I hoped he would play it, but I made it clear there was no pressure to play.

Last night he decided to start a game as Korea, after watching me play my current game. He was especially interested in going for a science victory (he is an engineering student at college). I went to bed at 10 last night with him engrossed in his game and about 30 turns in. Well, I went down to the family room at 6:15 this morning to pick up my lap top and found him wide awake still absolutely engrossed in his game (he was up to turn 450 playing at epic speed on a standard continents map).

I was simultaneously thrilled and horrified....Oh no, what did I do, did I create a monster? This game is truly a legal additive substance!

He's in college as an engineering student and you introduce him to the mother of all time-consuming games. Methinks it only fair that you let him move back in with you when he drops out of college, lol.

I myself have been an avid gamer since forever - half strategy, half MMORPG. I gave WoW 3 years ago, right after my own son started playing at 10 years old. His schoolwork got so bad(he's in the challenge program for the top 2% of kids in the district) that we had to take WoW away. Now he has simply moved on to Minecraft and the Wii. When his work slips, we take those away as needed. I know he's just a chip off the old block(me), but he's having a hard time balancing his gaming and everything else. It kind of scares me.

I got my 6 year old son into playing Civ 5 BNW.

Loves to play France.

His build order after settling capital: warrior-warrior-warrior-worker-warrior.

Takes Honor opening and military tradition for getting the free great general.

Top Bottom