New Paratroopers and Arsenal of Democracy

Nelsonius

Chieftain
Just finished first game with Portugal and could have won anyway I pleased. (Had 44 delegates but finished domination.) By getting Freedom's Arsenal of Democracy and spamming Nau's for gold before gifting to CS I could ally with them all.

Arsenal of Democracy: +25% Production towards Military Units. Gain 20 Influence from each Military Unit gift to City-States.

Once thery're friendly territory you can jump paras (with now 9 hex drop instead of 5) from CS to CS. Then on the onset of war drop and pillage oil wells, railroads, caravans. Paras now don't cost movement points to pillage so they can cause real havoc and still move out of city range. Most of mine had cover promos but could still retreat to CS for another drop without being hit. Eliminating all enemy oil on the first turn is amazing.

Can you do the same thing with XCOMs?

Can you do the same thing with XCOMs?

XCOMs have 110 combat strength... they can basically drop from half-way around the world, pillage tiles, and then laugh-off city bombard if they must. Might not be a safe bet if your opponent has massive numbers of bombers/stealth bombers, but XCOMs are so good that if you get to them with any time at all before an opponent is going to win, you can usually take them out (at least when I play Emperor and Immortal) fairly quickly, so long as you either have high production or saved money to rush buy a handful.

Top Bottom