Why no World Wonder Mods?

Toadman

Chieftain
I love playing Spain. No one has come up with mods that add new world wonders tot he world instead of the same ones that the designers have made. I have seen ones that modify them.

I wish there was a mod that had 10-20 additional wonders of the world that would combine with the current ones and you never know what will show up in a game.

I was also really hoping they would have changed Spain a bit regarding their wonder ability. The ability to find them first is so tough and random. It certainly is pot luck.
One game you get squat, the next you get 2-4.

It also seems that with recent developments they could have added Natural World Wonders that have other effects. French Riviera or Ca. beaches, or Swiss Alps.

But oh well.

I am not talking about wonders you build, duh, I am talking about terrain wonders of the world. There little to no mods regarding them. If so, show me.

Terrain wonders are called "Natural Wonders" while built ones are called "World Wonders." So there's no need to get huffy when it's your own misuse of language that causes the confusion.

I would assume natural wonders are fairly difficult to make art-wise since you would have to 3D model a new tile. That's assuming you can even do them without the dll. My understanding is that it doesn't make sense to do a small dll mod since the user can't easily mesh multiple dll mods together. Someone should feel free to correct me on that one though, I don't actually do any modding myself.

Well, you said World Wonder, not Natural Wonder. Anyway, Natural Wonders are pretty easy to create, if you look at examples. I used Mt. Kailash's example for my Mt. Rushmore wonder.

Welcome. Where have you been?

:D

So yeah, if you mean Natural Wonders, the problem has been with adding new models, as reloading the landmark system causes the game to crash at this stage when someone removes a farm (Known as the Farm Crash bug, apparently fixed for the new patch Firaxis is working on). When that's fixed, it should be as simple as adding a 3D model and the relevant art. If that's the case, natural wonder mods should come flooding in

They were never really crashing in previously though. I think natural wonders make the game much more interesting if they are viable options that are worth fighting over.

I would also like to see people make specific wonders that are very specific yet not absolutely necessary to build such as Suez or panama canals that can break the stupid land locks that the ice always does, or maybe Great tunnels like in France/England that can connect 2 tile water hexes. Maybe great irrigation dikes/aqueducts that can pull extra grow food into city areas from a 4th space away if next to a lake. How about 1 hex bridges that can connect over one water spaces for roads.

All could be minor World wonder/projects.

The ability to modify the map slightly can be a great strategic and tactical blessing and just adds to the Building aspect of the game. I get quite bored once the roads and cities are build, and their is nothing else to do.

Ok - If I understand you correctly you want to introduce something new. Lets call it Terrain project - As others have pointed out natural wonder, World Wonder, National Projects and others have a well defined meaning.

Looking at your examples you want to introduce Terrain projects that alter the terrain on a larger scale - Connect two bodies of water via a canal or a road / train connection between two land masses separated by water.

I think this is a great idea - especially past the industrial age one should be able to cut through land masses and prevent a huge detour for ships or have a proper connection between Great Britain and France.

I would suggest that you need to built a unit with special abilities (costing hammers similar to a space ship part - impossible to rush-buy). Those units could be move to the right spot and alter the terrain accordingly.

Downside as usual that the AI won´t be able to make use of these I guess - And the internal pathing must be aware of that as well. Maybe those are even good suggestion for the next DLC. (creating an ueber Hydro plant like Assuan Damm by creating an inner map lake - Panama canal - Eurotunnel - Øresund Bridge connecting Sweden and Denmark).

Top Bottom