[Translation of main mod] Help needed !

I need some feedback for hungarian and polish. Is there some speakers out there ?
As your language don't use the same exact letters as west european language, do you need to use a custom GameFonts.tga ? Do some letters not render perfectly in-game ?

I need some feedback for hungarian and polish. Is there some speakers out there ?
As your language don't use the same exact letters as west european language, do you need to use a custom GameFonts.tga ? Do some letters not render perfectly in-game ?

Hungarian here :)

We have the following extra letters: á Á é É í Í ó Ó ö Ö ő Ő ú Ú ü Ü ű Ű

We have the following extra letters: á Á é É í Í ó Ó ö Ö ő Ő ú Ú ü Ü ű Ű

I have some questions:
- Do the base game is initially translated to hungarian ?
- Do you need to use a hungarian patch ? (i want to avoid this step the mod, just install and play !). If yes, could you point me to a website with this patch.
- Do you play with hungarian language in game ?
- Did you notice some accents were not correctly rendered since i imported the hungarian language ?

I have some questions:
- Do the base game is initially translated to hungarian ?
- Do you need to use a hungarian patch ? (i want to avoid this step the mod, just install and play !). If yes, could you point me to a website with this patch.
- Do you play with hungarian language in game ?
- Did you notice some accents were not correctly rendered since i imported the hungarian language ?

To be honest I never tried Civ4 with Hungarian. I usually play all games in English, even if it has a hungarian traslation, because english is not a chalange for me and this way I can keep in practice too :)

Will try to look after the issues you mentioned, but not promise it in the next few days, sorry.

I usually play all games in English, even if it has a hungarian traslation, because english is not a chalange for me and this way I can keep in practice too :)

I understand that and i think i'll start playing in spanish for the same reasons :D If you try to play in hungarian, do not use any patch, just change the language in game.
As i understand, hungarian and polish use ISO-8859-2 charset whereas west european use ISO-8859-1. Focus on the accents on the s, z, etc. I don't think there is any.

Will try to look after the issues you mentioned, but not promise it in the next few days, sorry.[/QUOTE]

As i understand, hungarian and polish use ISO-8859-2 charset whereas west european use ISO-8859-1. Focus on the accents on the s, z, etc. I don't think there is any.

No, Hungarian doesn't have any accents on any consonants, only on vowels.
According to wiki only Ő, ő, Ű, ű are not supported by ISO-8859-1.

According to wiki only Ő, ő, Ű, ű are not supported by ISO-8859-1.
Are these letters essential for the comprehension or can they be replaced by Ö, ö, etc (double points) ?

Are these letters essential for the comprehension or can they be replaced by Ö, ö, etc (double points) ?

Sometimes. An example
öt = five
őt = him
But these differences are usually trivial when reading the whole sentence.

However I would recomend using what wiki sais:
Ő, ő, Ű, ű |Õ, õ (orÔ, ô; sometimesÖ, ö),Û, û (sometimesÜ, ü)

Õ, õ; Ô, ô; Û, û are not used in publications, books, magazines, etc, but any Hungarian will understand what those letters represent. It is simply incorrect in grammatic sense; altough some people use those letters in handwriting too, only because it is faster that way.

Sum:
If you need to replace only those 2 letters to run the mod properly I think it is fine the way desribed above. If there will be complains about it (which I really doubt) you/we can still work on it later.

Ok. I might work on that later, i have many things to do prior to that. Thank for the explanation!

@Sogroon: I have download the polish patch to grab the GameFonts. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/Polish_GameFonts.7z
It look like there is no "Ő" but all others letters are here. That mean i will have to integrate the hungarian/polish conversion to civ 4 in my parser (that's not hard now i've understood how it works).
Could you go at the translation platform and confirm to me that those special characters are still in the Civ 4 format ?

@Sogroon: I have download the polish patch to grab the GameFonts. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/369241/Polish_GameFonts.7z
It look like there is no "Ő" but all others letters are here. That mean i will have to integrate the hungarian/polish conversion to civ 4 in my parser (that's not hard now i've understood how it works).
Could you go at the translation platform and confirm to me that those special characters are still in the Civ 4 format ?

Errr... I don't really know what you are asking me :crazyeye:
Clicking on the link it stops me with this:
Forbidden access
Looks like you do not have the necessary permissions for the required action.
Here's a link to the homepage. You know, just in case.

But dowloading rev736 (I think 736) it displays hungarian characters pefectly in Civilopedia, even Ő and Ű. Only problem is that only half of the content is translated :)

Good news ! I've managed how to remove unused tags from text files. Basically, we can remove 1/4 of the game strings, so this will be 25% faster to translate the mod :)

Hi there,
I´d like to help with the German translation. Actually the auto-add seems not to work, so would someone add me to the German group please :)

Thanks,
Therkaz

I've added you as a reviewer in german so you can translate and review the translation !

Good luck !

I've added you as a reviewer in german so you can translate and review the translation !

Good luck !

Thank you. Just a short question. I found within the launcher section the text "[...]
WARNING : Any existing mod installation is compatible. However, if you have modded files, it could be overwritten on mod update."

Does "Any existing mod installation is compatible" make really sense? Should it not better be something like "Any existing mod installation might be incompatible".

Best,
Hendrik

In Main Mod -> misc #253 and #852 are both saying "Build this corporation in order to get fruit and groceries bonuses."
Same in Main mod -> interface -> #415, #417

Thank you. Just a short question. I found within the launcher section the text "[...]
WARNING : Any existing mod installation is compatible. However, if you have modded files, it could be overwritten on mod update."

In fact, it is written that way because you can install the launcher over an existing svn installation and start to update. Technically, "Any existing mod installation might be incompatible" might be more appropriate. I'll change that when i'll release the next version of the launcher !

In Main Mod -> misc #253 and #852 are both saying "Build this corporation in order to get fruit and groceries bonuses."
Same in Main mod -> interface -> #415, #417

I'm afraid i can't help on this. I've textually translated in french that sentence. Might better wait for an answer from 45° or Vokarya !

Thank you for the translation :) I will publish an update with german and polish updated when you're done (but take your time).

EDIT: I suggest you translate all the non-pedia strings first, as they are the most important.

In fact, it is written that way because you can install the launcher over an existing svn installation and start to update. Technically, "Any existing mod installation might be incompatible" might be more appropriate. I'll change that when i'll release the next version of the launcher !

I'm afraid i can't help on this. I've textually translated in french that sentence. Might better wait for an answer from 45° or Vokarya !

Thank you for the translation :) I will publish an update with german and polish updated when you're done (but take your time).

EDIT: I suggest you translate all the non-pedia strings first, as they are the most important.

dbkblk do you have time to update polish translation and add new texts to translation platform? If you dropped this project, please let me know. : )

Yes. I'm still here and plan to work on an update of the launcher really soon !

I have pushed the latest translations into revision 800 and updated new / modified english strings on the platform !

Thanks for the efforts you put into the german and polish translations :)

I'll try to update translations more often according to the frequency of your work !

Top Bottom