Help with RoM AND scenario making.

I wonder how Canada can be made a Brittish vassal?
IIRC a vassal alvays break away when reaching a size in land, oruginal land and population compared to its master.

Which makes sense if Britain lose several territories when WW1 ends. We should still try to see which territories will be made vassals and which will be fully integrated for the vassals not to break as soon as the map starts.

It's a good point sogroon, and will need to be seen carefully.

If I can take a look at some things deeper in the code, maybe we can make Commonwealth nations AI be more friendly and passive to britain.

Ok really bad news. The mod now won't work with the mega civ pack but it works just fine with the leaderhead pack. So until this gets fixed the scenario will now only include stock AND civs.(Which is probably for the better since it means more people can play it now.)

Bumping for the new page.

Bumping for the new page.

I don't think it's hard to make it work, I could take a look on that too, but for now I think we shouldn't care. We have plenty of things to do about the civs already part of AND. The biggest and most important countries are already on AND, like US, UK, Russia, France, Germany, China, Japan. And there is plenty to do about them (the British fleet for example is so huge it has been hard to finish it).

I'll have some time now so I'll take a look at Inca to see how to change it to Peru and try to dig AI behavior towards specific Civs, Civics and stuff

Well, I know how to make a mod. You make a folder on the mods folder and every file you have there overrides the original one. That's the basic. If something isn't specified on the files, the originals are consulted.

But now how to make custom scenarios?

If I want to make new LH.xml to portray better the leaders of the scenario, how do I do it? Any dev could answer me this?

If we may do it Bigfoot, it seems rather easy not only to get a LH for Peru, but also to create Afghanistan. Also there is an afghan civ in the database (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344879) and its leader is a political figure of the XXth century, what's even better. Some small adjustments will have to be made on the civ, UU and UB, but besides this it's ok.

But let's leave this for later.

Also, what's your plan about the Leaders? The scenario starts on 1900, but I imagine you're not planning on making changing leaders like RFC, so what's your criteria for Leaders? Will there be more then one option when possible?

Also, what's your plan about the Leaders? The scenario starts on 1900, but I imagine you're not planning on making changing leaders like RFC, so what's your criteria for Leaders? Will there be more then one option when possible?

Well I was going to use the random start Giant Earth Map and using the unlimited leader option choose the leaders that look closets to the ones that ruled the nations in 1900. Then I was going to edit the names in the WBS file.

Awesome. So already seeing some strategies for each nation that i've come across in my own research. For example the US has a surprisingly small navy compared to the amount of ocean it has to cover. A crash building program for pre-dreadnoughts is a must to help protect the nations coast. Russia of course is build up industry ASAP while the UK is more or less try to keep with the status quo.

Ok I finally figured out what the heck is causing the errors. It's the SVN! That's messing with it! So until the mega-civ pack gets updated I won't be using the mega-civ pack.

Ok I finally figured out what the heck is causing the errors. It's the SVN! That's messing with it! So until the mega-civ pack gets updated I won't be using the mega-civ pack.

It's ok, just start making the civs that already come with AND, and then we may add each Mega Civ Pack civ separately.

Just be careful with the SVN. With all the changes coming in fast, it may give you more effort just to change things when they change in SVN. I have no idea how to deal with this yet though.

It's ok, just start making the civs that already come with AND, and then we may add each Mega Civ Pack civ separately.

Just be careful with the SVN. With all the changes coming in fast, it may give you more effort just to change things when they change in SVN. I have no idea how to deal with this yet though.

Yeah I think i'm not going to update it again as I don't want to have the halt the scenario. I just now have to compare the RL leaders to the available leaderheads and I can finally start placing civs!

Ok so i'll make a list of leaders that were ruling at the time the scenario takes place and we do have leaderheads for.

Spoiler :
Nicholas II - Russia

Cixi - China

Victoria - England

Meiji - Japan

Menelik II - Ethiopia.

This is the list of leaders that died shortly before the time the mod takes place that we do have leaderheads for. Whether or not we do use these ones will be disused later.

Spoiler :
Bismark - Germany. Died in 1898

List of leaders that were alive at the time the scenario takes place but weren't in power yet.

Spoiler :
Franco - Spain

FDR - America

Wilhelmina - Netherlands

De Gaulle - France

Hindenburg - Germany

Gandhi - India

As you can see we're lacking big time on the leaderhead front. How easy is it to add in leaderheads? If it's fairly easy I might just see if missing ones are available for download and just add them in.

Ok update time! I'm finally going to start working on a basic version of the scenario! This will be me more or less figuring out which cities to have, where exactly they'll need to be placed, how large each city should be and what building they should have. This may or may not end up becoming the scenario I end up uploading depending on if we can make the mega-civ pack work again. Also I won't worry about the leaderheads looking like the person they should at the moment.

Ok messed up a bit but this is my first scenario and I did say this would be a basic version. So what I messed up on was forgetting to add stand-in civs like the Aztec's as Mexico. I also have two France's as well. Also have placed some cities and screenshots for you to look over will be up soon.

One of these two will be DC.
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Chicago either goes here or is one south.
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

This will be renamed to New Orleans.
Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Pretty sure i'm not even close to where Bejing should go.
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

Liking where Seoul is but maybe put in one tile southeast?
Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG

Not that sure about Kyoto.
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

That's Siam and Khmer. Maybe remove one of them for balance?
Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG

Madrid looks like it's in the perfect spot.
Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG

I'm happy with everything except where Paris is. I'm thinking it's a bit south.
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

Don't really like where Berlin is located even though it looks right,
Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

Pretty sure that's not even close to where Persia should be.
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

I think Mecca is a bit south of where it should be.
Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Pretty happy with both Greece and Ottoman's city location.
Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG

I plan on renaming it to Cairo but still think it's in the wrong spot.
Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

Honestly this is my best guess at where it should go. Think i'm pretty spot on though.
Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG

Plan on renaming it to Saint Petersburg. Pretty sure it's in the right place.
Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Vikings will be the stand in for Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.(Finland will be taken over by Russia of course.) Had no clue where to put a city for them so I put one there for now.
Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG

Top Bottom