Civ Rev could be my last hope

Red Viking

Chieftain
To try to get my cousin into Civ. My cousin is 11 and ever since I bought Civ III (bought it right before Civ IV came out) a few years ago I tried to get him to try it, but he watched me play for a while and muttered,"Its too complicated", and he left, next up I tried to get him play Civ IV after I bought it, but again he said, "It too complicated". He's interested in the strategy genre and usually plays Age of Empires 2 at my house. So I got an XBOX 360 a while ago and when I heard of Civ Rev I thought Maybe..... just maybe...
After all 3rd times a charm :)

I thought Civ Rev was geared towards a younger crowd anyway, and I played the demo and it seems WAY less complicated than Civ IV and definately Civ III.

Anyway, wish me luck in turning my cuz into a CivFanatic!

Red Viking

Yeah, Civ Rev is the "for dummies" version of Civ.

It's far easier to just pick up, play and not think, which is good for the young ones and those with ADD and those who just can't think past "do you want fries with that?".

Oh, and those of us who just love Civ and want a quick break from micromanaging 50 stupid workers who can't seem to find anything to do. :)

Good luck on the conversion!

:D

lol. About micromanaging 50 workers, in CivIII ill conquer like half of the world and be stuck with like 70-100 workers (mostly slaves) and have to tell them everthing, good thing there is the automate without altering option on workers in that game.

As with converting my cuz, half the battle was raisin the money to get the game (im 15 with no job) so far i got $47 for my CivRev fund, and i might get $10 within 24 hours though (babysitting my said cousin's sisters).

My cousin's a bit stubborn though, so the real battle is yet to come :lol:

Peace! (well not really)

Red Viking

P.S. For all my fellow Americans Happy 4th :cheers:

Top Bottom