How to achieve a religious victory?

Deep_Blue

Knight
I tried to get a religous victory where I set the condition to 60% of the world religion. The problem is that I missed all the early religions and I get devine rights later and I was so late to spread my state religion. I spread Islam to most of the cities in the world and it is still at 34% with 80 turns left!

Do I have to start spreading the religion early in the game?

(Note: I have the first version of the game and never used patches)

I added some links to my sig, and I intend to continue the series - it's all about the AP :). Although there's diplo and trade info in there too. I've been neglecting it a bit so I'm going to get back into it.

You can't win a religious victory w/o the AP...the closest thing is the UN then...and it follows different rules to somewhat of an extent.

So you're asking for help to something you modded in? I think that getting an early religion and using many missionaries would be enough for a religious victory. Open borders would also probably help.

Try to build up espionage points and convert the other civs to islamism. It is possible that having a religion in a city only counts toward your victory if that civ is using your religion as its state religion.

Yep, get an early religion, open borders with all and sundry, everytime you complete something (building/unit/wonder/whatever) build a missionary. Convert as many folks to your religion as you can so that you can keep good diplo and OB and don't get locked out by Theocracy. And don't neglect your military! Those shrines will be very tempting...

Pick Gandhi or Asoka, regenerate the map until you get heavy forest start
From custom game choose "no barbarians" and pangaea map
Build fast worker and research Meditation
When the Meditation is done convert to Buddhism
Research Bronze Working next and build Monastery
When BW is done revolt to Slavery, chop the monastery and missionaries next
Research Priesthood and Writing.
Open Borders with everyone.
Send your missionaries.

Should work up to noble difficulty.
When the third religion is founded(Monotheism) your mission is impossible, there is no way to achieve 60%, even if you spread your religion to every city in the world.

Thanks for the hints.

This is very difficult to do in Monarch or up levels. When Christianity and later religions arrive things get out of control and it seems some leaders favor specific religions (for example Isabella seems to favor Christianity) because after converting them to another religion they always switch back.

Try to build up espionage points and convert the other civs to islamism. It is possible that having a religion in a city only counts toward your victory if that civ is using your religion as its state religion.

l2readtopics

He's playing Vanilla Civ, ergo, no espionage.
Get an early religion. If you don't, you might as well restart. The two early religions, and sometimes Monotheism's religion, are always the most widespread.

Top Bottom