AND Mega Civ Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think originally the Saddam Monument was special because it wasn't Obsoleted with Astronomy but continued on until some time. And indeed, Faisal actually ruled Iraq longer than he did Saudi Arabia.

The issue I have with the Saddam Monument is its flavor, not its abilities. It would be strange playing as Faisal building Saddam Monuments; I'll figure something out by going through Wikipedia (They would have had a better UB to begin with if Iraq's history was not coup after coup, followed by war after war). Also, the reason I used Faisal for Arabia is because if you look at the list of Arabian city names, it is based on the Umayyads and Abbasids, not the Saudis; Faisal worked for Arabia since he had a connection to Saudi Arabia, and ruled Syria and Iraq. I agree that he works better for Iraq.

And as for Norway, that seems a little redundant to me, given that the "Vikings" essentially aren't a real civilization, though their leaders in the game are actually Norwegian. The question would be whether the division between "Vikings" and Norway is large enough to warrant a differentiation, such as that between Rome and Italy, or as the game makes, "Germany" and the Holy Roman Empire

There are many of these things in the Civ Pack:
Vikings: Denmark, Norway, Sweden
Holy Roman Empire: Germany, Austria, Czech
India: Vedic, Harappa
Italy: Rome, Lombards, Venice (I was also considering adding Tuscany, and for a while, Papal States)

Yet I made some necessary divides, like Peria and Iran, and Ancient and Modern Egypt. The reason I added Norway was because Denmark and Sweden were added, not to mention the fact that it would be needed if someone wanted to make a WWII scenario.

I installed all the civs and leaders (thanks for this by the way). However now when I play it seems that the dynamic civ names do not work. Every civ is just labeled as "Civ Empire". Is this a known problem? Does anyone have a solution if so?

I installed all the civs and leaders (thanks for this by the way). However now when I play it seems that the dynamic civ names do not work. Every civ is just labeled as "Civ Empire". Is this a known problem? Does anyone have a solution if so?

From having 3 cities with Tribalism or Despotism to when a civ gets into Monarchy or Republic, etc. (or get more cities i assume), or become really strong relative of others - I had a title Great <civ> Kingdom once - they'll be known as <civ> Empire.

Generalstaff, thanks for the Chola help, worked a treat. I did noteice the Civilopedia text was offering incorrect information for the unique unit and building too. It mentioned Vietnam and gave the wrong info on the unit's abilities. Not a major issue but thought I would mention it.

I complained about this in the Feedback thread

The problem is that Dynamic Civs is automatically set OFF when you first start a game. Then you can go into the BUG and turn it ON, but this doesn't affect the current game at all.

The only way to start this up again is to start a new game, and then the Dynamic Civ naming should work again

Generalstaff, thanks for the Chola help, worked a treat. I did noteice the Civilopedia text was offering incorrect information for the unique unit and building too. It mentioned Vietnam and gave the wrong info on the unit's abilities. Not a major issue but thought I would mention it.

I am aware of a few game text errors already, and am not too concerned about it, mainly because there is a lot of missing and obsolete information in game text and Civilopedia. As for the specific issue, it is likely a copy+pasting error by the original author, which I cannot be have an issue with considering similar copy+pasting errors I have made; Chola was made my merging two versions of that Civ I found. Looking at the gametext in question, it should not be an issue if the module is run in English. I do find it amusing that the in foreign languages, the UU's name becomes "Viet Cong," and I am sure other civs have equally amusing foreign language errors.

Hey I'm playing Dawn 1.75 with Patch B and I play multiplayer with my friends and we got this awesome leaderhead pack. We both did a new install of Dawn before this started so I'm not sure if it's a setting we have or what but now we keep getting OOS errors, these varies greatly from turn 7 to turn 100. So I was wondering if anyone else plays multiplayer and gets issues like this or if this is some issue with settings or something. Or if there are any known mulitplayer issues.

Tried installing Patch C, we still got an OOS at turn 37.

Edit: Never mind did a fresh install with Patch C and it looks to be fixed.

Oy, gringo, I require the following factions:
Bangladesh

Thanks to The_J and Smeagolheart, I have a Mujibur LH, and therefore I can add Bangladesh.

Progress on Pakistan and Iraq: Finished with Pakistan and 80% done with Iraq. It is safe to say that the requested civs will be in an update, which should be ready in a week or two (I do not want to nail anything down).

EDIT:
After going through Civ Gold and a few files on my hard drive, Somalia should also be added in the update.

If you are already adding more civs, can you add Venezuela or something like that(Columbia, Bolivarian empire from Civ gold) with Bolivar as leader ? And perhaps Yemen(Sabaeans) to represent civilizations that were in Arabian peninsula before Islam ?

Edit: found Himyarites as an already made civ, maybe you can use something from them

I'd like to install the Megapack into AND. However I'm absolutely at a loss how to do it.:blush: I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

If you are already adding more civs, can you add Venezuela or something like that(Columbia, Bolivarian empire from Civ gold) with Bolivar as leader ? And perhaps Yemen(Sabaeans) to represent civilizations that were in Arabian peninsula before Islam ?

Edit: found Himyarites as an already made civ, maybe you can use something from them

I used the Bolivar LH for Leopold I of Belgium; I found it kind of scary that it was such a good match. I will take a look to see how things are going to look for Venezuela and Columbia; I know someone made a Chavez LH, but I think the hardest part of adding them is going to be UUs and UBs. I know that Yemen has been made, I think the reason I did not add it the first time around was that it was a merger between ancient and modern Yemen, which did not sit well with me. After I finish with Somalia and Iraq (have been unable to work due to a cold), I will work on ancient Yemen. I also want to take some time and work in some of the female LHs that have recently been made, they are good quality.

Currently the priorities with this are:
1. Finish up Iraq, Somalia (EDIT: Finished with that)
2. Add Ancient Yemen (Sabaeans) (EDIT: Nearly done)
3. Check viability of Venezuela, Columbia; add what is possible (this is too early to tell) (EDIT: Not looking good, the only extra civ. for Venezuela which I could DL here had disappointing UU/UB)
4. Add a few of the new LHs, either as replacing substandard existing artwork or as new Leaders as situation dictates. (EDIT: Will see the Akkadian Civ in update, still trying to work in others)

Of course, between being unable to work on this for a week, and adding new content will likely push the update to January 2011.

I'd like to install the Megapack into AND. However I'm absolutely at a loss how to do it.:blush: I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

OK, open up the folder where "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" is stored to the "Assets" folder (folder path should look like "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets"), there should be a "Modules" folder. Then, for any of the Packs, open them up to the same place, and drag their "Modules" to the same place; be sure to overwrite files and folders. If you want all the content, you will have to continue to overwrite things; since I had to break up the Mega Pack into smaller Packs, each one can operate as an (incomplete) stand alone.

After that, the Readme included will tell you how to activate added audio content. Also, if you have any issues, review this thread, and if that does not solve things, then ask.

Kemet's civ names are missing from the game. Where do I find hte files to give them their name?

Nevermind, I found it. You left the Kemet adjective as Egypt.

Can you add Switzerland, it's the only more well known "civilization" of Europe that is missing from this pack.

I think I can add the Swiss, I think I did not add them originally since they were not in Zap's pack or Civ Gold. I am 90% there is enough unused LH art available to accomplish that, especially since The Capo made a Henri Dufour LH (needless to say, it is good quality).

What about UU and UB from Bolivarian Empire in Civ Gold ? Libertador is pretty good and the UB with little boosting could be good. They could be used if the only problem with Venezuela/Columbia is UU and UB and not LHs.

What about UU and UB from Bolivarian Empire in Civ Gold ? Libertador is pretty good and the UB with little boosting could be good. They could be used if the only problem with Venezuela/Columbia is UU and UB and not LHs.

Thanks for that, I completely forgot to check that for UUs/UBs for Venezuela, and they work (I will just mention that the LHs for it will be Chavez and Páez (Bolivar with a different Background)), the thing that was holding me up there was ideas. Colombia, I have UU/UB ideas, the issue with that is LH ideas (Bolivar (I'll have to change Leopold I's Background), the other I'll have to go through LH art and see what I can do, since LH ideas are 50% research and 50% what is available). The whole thing would have been easier if The Capo's Diplomacy II modules were still up. Of course, I am still working on Akkad and Switzerland right now, they are not the easiest conversions, I hope to get them done early on this coming week, and after that, I can work on some South American Civs.

Is it possible if someone uploaded the pack on another server? or as a torrent?
it's impossible to download it through filefront in my country.
I'd be so grateful if anyone did so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom