Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hoped you corrected the apostrophe in print. Significantly more than one miner went on strike!
How come whenever I am on a forum it seems all the rules about the english language I have learned fly right out the window?
(And yes, I did fix that in the essay.)

How come whenever I am on a forum it seems all the rules about the english language I have learned fly right out the window?
(And yes, I did fix that in the essay.)

I will not be so churlish as to dissect your comment for grammatical errors. :)

Thanks, but I ended up defaulting to "The Impact of North Sea Oil on the British Miner's Strike of 1984-1985". Hardly interesting, but passable considering the topic had to be about energy.
Yeah, I guess mine was a bit fluffy for an economic essay. :undecide:

The water pump in my basement has ceased working, causing it to become completely flooded. Luckily, it has not reached my room, but it will if it keeps spreading. SANDBAGS GOGOGOGO

I'm building a place and the thing I was most excited about was the infinity pool . It's a pool that creates the illusion that it has no edge , that it literally merges with the landscape . Most awesome .
But I've had to abandon it at the last minute . It needed an extra pump room and was just too expensive . No infinity pool makes me a sad panda.

How did you manage to flood the basement in the first place?

Yes, it doesn't work, so there's no water coming in. Rrrright? How else does water get in?

my mother is retired and ı withdraw her monthly pay from an ATM . Yesterday ı found the place in some commotion , the bank no longer accepts utility bills and people have to deposit it from the machines . Of course nobody knows how to , they being mostly old guys and nannies with their grandchildren in tow . Neither the young are that suitable , ı am not certainly blaming the headscarved univercity candidate , she follows all the instructions taped next to the machine , she has to pay this money as the exam fee and the machine finally rejects her 20 TL banknote , probably for being wrinkled so that it can't be identified as a counterfeit or not . She puts a brand new one , this time a 100 and naturally the machine does not return the change . The bank tellers take turns at the mob trying to be helpful , teaching and encouraging , but they have no recourse but telling her to get inside the bank and change her 100 TL for smaller money . Yeah , they want only rich people inside their splendid halls , those bank CEOs ... The teller in question wasn't exactly happy about rule breaking but what else he could do ? Thinking about it the only reason ı myself wouldn't need assistance is that ı don't pay my bills from that bank in the first place . ı wasn't exactly helpful either , there was this female teller and the ATMs are on the sunny spot of the street anyway and after everyone she helped for the last time there would be 5 more clamouring for the same exact assistance -. You can easily fall down after 15 minutes on the job . Anyhow ı was just about to get the people marching to the gates of the winter palace , she went inside and outcame a hulking dude . Have nothing against any of them , some 10 years ago when secularism was a fad ı would shave in every ten days and at the "Business" bank where ı would pay the bills , ı would wait an extra hour , you know the people have an override at the tickets machine , you could see 10 people who arrived after you paying the same exact bills before you did , since their tickets have a different series of numbers and strangely enough they all would look modern ... Today secularism is not that fad and ı shave once a week and the bank established for farmers , who after a full day of work justifiably stink , no longer has a need for small people . One of these days ı will bankrupt Ziraat .

I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this ill. I've even missed the morning of college because I couldn't get out of bed this morning - I had to be up at 7, I didn't get to sleep until 7.30.

Yesterday was horrible. Experiments got delayed due to people using equipment, salary paperwork and payments to worry about, and on top of that my brother accidentally hit the power button on the 360 while I was playing. Maybe today will be better. Of course, when you're at the bottom, there's only one way to go.

Rant: I nearly had a heart attack this morning. When I first awakened, I thought it was Monday, The Big Day, and that I had only a half hour to prepare. Then I realized that it was only Friday.

I hate The Big Day.

I woke up this morning with a slight hangover thinking it was Saturday. When I realised it was Friday and I had to go to work I was ... not pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom