• The Netherlands - William

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Persia - Darius I

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

livsbrand

Warlord
Hi people! Heat #2 is over, and it was a tight one! In the end Assyria made it through with 12, just one vote ahead of the Aztecs, who in turn were just one vote ahead of my dear home country Sweden. Assyria joins Korea in the Grand Finale, while England and the Aztecs still have a shot at it! Thanks again for voting!

Next up... Heat #3!

Rules:
*In the coming five days I will post one heat per day. The winner of each heat qualifies for the Grand Finale of the Battle of the Civs, along with the three best runner-ups.
*Each heat will be active for one day.
*I will not try to balance the heats. The civilizations for each heat will be picked randomly by me (until the last heat, which will come down to a process of elimination).
*You will vote for any reason you like. Do you live in the area this civ represent? Are you in love with looking like a fried egg when playing as Assyria? Is island hopping as Carthage the only type of game that interests you? Do you only enjoy blasting through the tech tree as Korea or Babylon? Do you think Gandhi is so damn cute you just wanna pinch his little nose? Anything goes!

my vote goes for china. Great uu and an useful ub and ua makes it a solid choise for any game

Many very powerful civs here, but for me it's pretty easy to spot the one with the most fun gameplay mechanics, and it seems that's what I keep choosing as my reason for voting. It's Persia all the way for me!

Haven't got a time to play them with the new great person system in BNW, but I figure I'll love them even more now.

I almost voted Japan because they interest me but then I saw Babylon. I don't like playing them or the science game at all really. It's just Nebuchadnezzar. Whenever I see him he always seems so depressed and I always want to say 'It's ok," and give him a balloon.

I was walkin' down the beach one fine day
feelin' a little *wink* randy
who did I see, comin' my way
if it wasn't me ol' mate, Gandhi!

Fantastic UU + OP UB + Wonderful UA = clear choice for this poll. It's Arabia all the way.

Went with the Netherlands because I think Polders look cool.
I also considered choosing Babylon because both of their colors are blue and the Maya because I like all of their uniques.

SUCH A TOUGH POLL!

I had to go with Japan, but great civs like The Maya, The Celts, China or the Babylonians would have won by a landslide in any other poll.

For the sake of diversity in the final heat, it would be nice to avoid the Babylonians when we already have the Assyrians in the final round.

Liking the spread of votes so far, but after seeing Korea in heat #1 I have to think the science guys will run away here.

I hate easy mode. Could I possibly downvote instead of upvote? If so, I need some time to decide between Arabia and China. If I can only give affirmative vote, put me down for Netherlands. I love some nice boats!!!

This is interesting.

Arabia: mainly economic civ.
Babylon: Great for defense. Science-based.
Celts: No need to build a Shrine! Nice for an early-game faith boost. You'll get a pantheon for sure.
China: Fantastic UU and awesome UB.
India: Meh.
Japan: Not as useful as it used to be.
Maya: Great theme, great UA, and nice UB. My choice!
Netherlands: Bleh.
Persia: Pretty good, not my style though.

I've voted for Babylon. Science centered, epic beard and an ancient civilisation. Walls of Babylonia are fine I guess, but Bowmen kind of have a limited lifespan before they become obsolete. At least a Babylonian player tends to feels safe in the early game.

I vote for civs that I like both personality-wise, historically as in gameplay.

My voting isn't based on the game whatsoever. I'm just judging based on my real world fascinations with these cultures.

I vote Japan because Japanese women are the cutest of all Asians, and I watch anime sometimes

Ugh!!! This is going to be so boring! Everyone just keeps votig for the science/war combo sides!

Top Bottom