small save game size.

zoommooz11

Warlord
Just recently purchase civ 5 gold+BNW and am having a problem where, when I save a game, the save size is only 13k in size (as opposed to the 2400k of a normal save). The game plays fine but any of these saves will then not load. I checked files validation with steam, and the problem went away, but now's is back. Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks.

Do you use steam cloud, are the autosaves and quicksave the same size?

No, I do not use steam cloud. Once the problem sets in, both normal and auto saves are the same small size.

Strange.

I had corrupt save files some time ago. Back then I used the same save file (with my name) and just overwrite it. That becomes corrupt and also (all of a sudden) all autosaves (and the quicksave) went corrupt shortly after. I deleted all saves (icluding auto and quick). I nowadays only use fresh save files (no overwriting). But this was just me and my habit of using the same (named) save files over and over.

Sometimes I overwrite, so I will give this a try. Also, once the problem sets in I noticed that I am unable to save with the cloud steam thing (can selected and press the save button, just nothing happen). I am running an assortment of mods, is there any way that this could be having an influence? The weird thing is, is that sometimes the problem comes 2 turns in, others 150 turns in. As of yet, I have not got out of the classical era yet. :mad:

Mods could be the problem. BNW only came out a month ago, I'd be surprised if there are any mods fully compatible with it yet.

Top Bottom