[BtS] - Updates and progress

I'll forward the PM to you AA. I forgot my pword so I need to re-signup. :(

It looks like the BasicInfos XML has been chopped up into 6-10 smaller files. Right now all I need to mess with will be the DomainInfos, once we know them. :)

First you should download Tortoise SVN if you haven't already: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads
Then create a folder under beyond the sword/mods called Song of the Moon.
Once Tortoise SVN is installed, right click on the folder you just created and select SVN checkout. In the area it asks for a URL, put in the URL I gave you and click okay. The files will then download to your computer.

Yes, I've done all that before you posted this. I already told I got the hang of .svn again. ;)
I suppose I shouldn't have selected the HEAD option in the update screen.

Can I get in on the SVN as well?

I know I haven't been posting here much lately but I'm still reading everything and looking for things I can contribute.

I added your name to the project members list. Your Google user name was 'michaelkathrynhall" right?

So, HEAD revise selected gives the most current version?
What does the "revise" selection give then?

So, HEAD revise selected gives the most current version?
What does the "revise" selection give then?
The "revise" selection allows you to go to previous revisions (really handy when trying to find a bug as it allows you to easily go back to previous revisions of the mod to find out when the bug was introduced) Every time someone does an update (by right clicking on the projects folder(Song of the Moon) and clicking "SVN commit.." ) for the project, the project files are updated according to the revisions made and a new revision is created.

If you want to see a list of all the revisions and the files changed with each revision, right click on the projects folder and select "TortoiseSVN" and "show log". Once you get the hang of the SVN system it can be very useful for projects like this.

Ah yes, things make sense now. :)
If I haven't said so already, a big thanks for setting this up for us, matthewv. :cooool:

Ah yes, things make sense now. :)
If I haven't said so already, a big thanks for setting this up for us, matthewv. :cooool:

Glad you got things working. I will try to see if I can get the import and export functions to work in open office as well so that you can use the BtS editor as well.

@woodelf
Did you manage to figure out your password and get everything working?

@woodelf
Did you manage to figure out your password and get everything working?

yep, thanks.

Should I start updating the files I've converted or wait a bit on that.

And how do we want to handle the Art folder?

yep, thanks.

Should I start updating the files I've converted or wait a bit on that.

And how do we want to handle the Art folder?

Yes, you can start updating the files.

Gerikes didn't do it that way with SMAC because of size. Is there a restriction?
We have up to 100 meg of space we can add the art files for now and remove them later if we run low on space.

Edit: This is weird. Google code says:
Quota used: approximately 1.7 KB of 100 MB
when the BtS Editor file is almost 3MB on its own:crazyeye:

I can easily do the Art folder once we decide what unit and building art is to be included. I assume the same terrain, improvements, and LH art to be used.

About the buttons matt...you said you had an idea?

I have a problem. I just tried to update the .svn with the mod's Civ4LSystem.xml and Civ4PlotLSystem.xml files but wasn't allowed? Whenever I enter my nick and a proper password I got refused. I tried the same nick+password on the Planetfall .svn and could update without a problem. O yes, updating SotM isn't a problem either, but there's not much to update isn't it? ;)

So adding new files is the problem? I'll defer to matt's expertise...

I have a problem. I just tried to update the .svn with the mod's Civ4LSystem.xml and Civ4PlotLSystem.xml files but wasn't allowed? Whenever I enter my nick and a proper password I got refused. I tried the same nick+password on the Planetfall .svn and could update without a problem. O yes, updating SotM isn't a problem either, but there's not much to update isn't it? ;)

did you right click on the files you want to add and select "tortioseSVN.." and "add.."?

what do you mean it wasn't allowed? what was the message you got?

Top Bottom