[BtS] - Updates and progress

Does the revision already load without a crash?

I'm atm busy testing the audio xml. We do need to work from the BtS files, not the Civ4 ones. Have some trouble getting the right music to play.

I haven't tried playing to see about crashes. I'm waiting for matt to fix the one schema. I hope that removes some later Improvement errors.

Well, if my experiences with the audio are something to go looking for, a missing BtS tag does create a crash without error. Perhaps someone missed some tag in whatever file?

The opening music plays fine now, whatever mainscreen prefs a player uses. Now I'm trying to let the moon MP3's play in a game.

Super hard crash. It say "an error log has been created". Any idea where that is?

I wish I knew. :(
I enabled numerous times this crash log to never find where they are. :mad:

Good luck finding a missing tag. :(

Actually I did miss several, but upon loading I received errors telling me what line it should have been in. No such helpful errors this time.

Literally telling a certain tag was expected, or content in existing tags?
While I was tinkering with the audio files, I got no such warning for missing tags. Just a CTD.

Literally telling a certain tag was expected, or content in existing tags?

It didn't say it was missing, but gave a line number and error. When I went into that file and found the line number it looked like nothing was wrong. When I crossreferenced the BtS file I noticed an entire line missing. Adding that line solved everything :blush:

While I was tinkering with the audio files, I got no such warning for missing tags. Just a CTD.

Wierd. I've never messed with Audio though.

Yeah well, audio tags appearantly link directly to the game engine to, like art. Perhaps that's the reason.

I have faith in matt since he solved the original SotM CTDs. :please:

Maybe, But it wasn't very fun and it toke me several days. I am not willing to spend that long now to find a stupid bug. I got to many more important things to do ATM. (Like finish the BtS XML Editor)

How do you set it up to record error logs?

I get this under a init text doc

Code:
[463.031] DBG: CIV Init
[463.046] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[463.046] VERSION: Build: Thu Jul 12 19:24:34 2007
[463.046] VERSION: 3.0.2.94 (75914)
[561.625] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Song of the Moon\
[561.734] DBG: FILE Cat Init

How do you set it up to record error logs?

I get this under a init text doc

Code:
[463.031] DBG: CIV Init
[463.046] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
[463.046] VERSION: Build: Thu Jul 12 19:24:34 2007
[463.046] VERSION: 3.0.2.94 (75914)
[561.625] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\Song of the Moon\
[561.734] DBG: FILE Cat Init

See here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3579837&postcount=5

BTW can I lock the mod for 10 mins. to add a bunch of changes I made to the editor? It you made any changes please commit then before I do this.

The changes mostly make the editor easier to use. I mainly added a whole pile more drop down lists, many of which arent functional yet.

Top Bottom