[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Still using the the earlier downloading, Alt-Tabbing did nothing :(
And I am not using CivComplete, or anything like that.

I am downloading the updated version now, I will try it again and get back to you.

I am really sorry for all these problems everybody. If I can't get this fixed I'm going to take down the download and re-upload it in a week after I go through all the code

I appreciate the many scenarios included, but I would really really appreciate one with a Huge Earth map but no specified civs or leaders. Essentially, I would like a blank slate Earth that can be easily used to create custom scenarios via Custom Scenario (to select civs/leaders) and Worldbuilder (to assign starting positions/units). Thank you muchly.

I tell you what you pick the mp you want, and i will make it blank for you, hows that?? Thats how i got started here on CFC, making maps.:rolleyes:

The Capo: The GFC error is the resource files, all you have to do is what tsentom1 said in post # 167. The one thing about using the resource files are that you cant change even one little thing different from the main files.

Danukian: How about VISTA??

Danukian: How about VISTA??

nope - using XP

I will try deleting the custom theme (even though I really like it), but I have a feeling that it won't help, I have had a similar problem on a few other mods :(

I deleted the theme: No luck. For a reason I can't yet determine, any mod that alters the Known Leader interface in the lower right corner, or lists the era in the upper left by the money completely eliminates my Interface - I don't know why, but would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me to a good fix, this stops me from using A LOT of cool mods.

Thanks Strategyonly! I'd really appreciate a huge Earth map (say Thomas War 2.8 Huge Earth 18 Civs). Ideally, I'd actually love a set of blank maps: Europe, Americas, etc. for custom placement. However, the Earth map is the only really important one.

I'd also like to simply know what you do to accomplish this. I've opened up the files in Notepad and tried to alter them several times by deleting portions; all I seem to accomplish is crashing the game.

nope - using XP

I will try deleting the custom theme (even though I really like it), but I have a feeling that it won't help, I have had a similar problem on a few other mods :(

I deleted the theme: No luck. For a reason I can't yet determine, any mod that alters the Known Leader interface in the lower right corner, or lists the era in the upper left by the money completely eliminates my Interface - I don't know why, but would greatly appreciate if anyone could point me to a good fix, this stops me from using A LOT of cool mods.

Best thing to do then is ask someplace in the Technical area.

Thanks Strategyonly! I'd really appreciate a huge Earth map (say Thomas War 2.8 Huge Earth 18 Civs). Ideally, I'd actually love a set of blank maps: Europe, Americas, etc. for custom placement. However, the Earth map is the only really important one.

OK here is a blank map with no starting pts and no civs.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4733110#post4733110

see post # 3.

I am having the same problem as Danukian. I am running XP, non civ complete CIV 4 -BTS. I played around with the registry and found that even with the fix recommended on page 1 that I lack an interface for cities and units.

I have to say though - awesome mod! Even with this problem, I am impressed with the mod. Of course, any help with this problem would be appreciated. Thank you.

Okay, the GFC error should be fixed since I reuploaded it. I've had other people say it now works on their computer.

For people missing their interface, is beyond the sword installed in the default directory or a custom one? And is the mod in the mods folder in the main directory or the mygames line?

I'm looking into it more.

Also, people missing interface, can you enable python exceptions and see if anything comes up?

Not sure I've missed something that happened in-game and was supposed to happen... but after conquering (and keeping) the last city of the French, I suddenly lost the ability to build anything but units.

Is this some event or effect I missed or is that just something really strange?

Cheers, LT.

that sounds like a weird bug, do you have an save or an auto save right before it happened? if so can you send it to me and then tell me exactly what you did. otherwise i need more details. there isn't anything in the game that would only let you build units (in that city? all cities?) there are some build restrictions but those are things like no missionaries under atheism, caravans under barter economy, no improvements on wetlands till civil service, etc

if this is some weird python firing, saving then reloading the mod and the game should fix it for continuing that game.

i'd like to work that out.

that sounds like a weird bug, do you have an save or an auto save right before it happened?
Yup. I've attached an autosave that was made right in the turn after it happened (1268 AD)

Then, I took an earlier autosave and played up to the point before it happened... and saved it. It's reproducible, at least for me. Take the second save (1262 AD), move the longbowman into Paris and pop goes your ability to build anything but units - in any of my cities.

Reloading doesn't fix that problem and I'm playing Thomas' War unmodded, i.e. have changed nothing about it, it's a fresh install. So that's really, really weird.

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1268.CivBeyondSwordSave
    620 KB · Views: 81
  • Elizabeth AD-1262.CivBeyondSwordSave
    620.7 KB · Views: 67
Okay, I'll look at the saves and get back to you later today.

~~~~

For everyone experiencing missing interface please enable python exceptions...

In the BTS Civ4config file

change

HidePythonExceptions = 1

to

HidePythonExceptions = 0

Load up the mod and start a game and if an error comes up take a screenshot and send it to me. This will help me identify if its the same problem for all of you or something more individual.

Thanks,
~Thomas

tsentom1, I have BTS installed into the main directory of Civ4 (C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4). I have tried Thomas' War in both the main directory and the mygames. I get the same problem.

I found the following bits from python exceptions when I attempted to open up a city:

Traceback
File CvScreensInterface line 710 in forcescreen redraw
File CvMainInterface line 871 in retrace
File CvMainInterface line 1308 in updatePlotListButton
Attribute Error: 'CyUnit' object has not attribute 'getButton'

I hope this helps you, help me :)

Not sure I've missed something that happened in-game and was supposed to happen... but after conquering (and keeping) the last city of the French, I suddenly lost the ability to build anything but units.

Is this some event or effect I missed or is that just something really strange?

It's a bug; I encountered it too, trying out my 1066 AD scenario, after capturing Jerusalem. (It reminded me of the can't-build-buildings-after-capture-of-homeworld bug first encountered in Star Trek mod and after I included Kael's Assimilation mod in MOO2Civ.) According to deanej it was caused by a building being captured that wasn't supposed to be captured. In Jerusalem there were only 2 Holy Shrines (it being a double Holy City) and a Lighthouse after capture; it wasn't a capital, not the last of any civ and otherwise a normal city.

It's a bug; I encountered it too, trying out my 1066 AD scenario, after capturing Jerusalem. (It reminded me of the can't-build-buildings-after-capture-of-homeworld bug first encountered in Star Trek mod and after I included Kael's Assimilation mod in MOO2Civ.) According to deanej it was caused by a building being captured that wasn't supposed to be captured. In Jerusalem there were only 2 Holy Shrines (it being a double Holy City) and a Lighthouse after capture; it wasn't a capital, not the last of any civ and otherwise a normal city.
I sense a connection - Paris was also the holy city of Hellenism and had the holy shrine as well!

Cheers, LT.

Lord Tirian what's happening is that for some reason once you capture Paris the worldbuilder is listing you captured the 'national banner' building (which you of course didn't because a) you can't build that, b) paris didn't have it before you cpature, and c) it didnt have it after. yet if you go into world builder and look into the city after, that one building is highlighted.

the national banner is completely handled through python - but no error comes up - and the game does a check before it is given. i'll have to go through the python. i know sometimes in XML the order of buildings does matter but it's not always obvious (as this only applies to like two cases).

See fix in post 198

Before I changed the exceptions, the Theme worked, after I changed the Python Exceptions, I got the GFC error! I deleted the theme, and got Python Exception Pop-Ups...

Attention

Lord Tirian, JEELEN that was a bigger bug than I thought (all due to one line of code in my python)

View attachment No Building Fix.7z

Please download that, and replace the eventmanager python file in thomas war/assets/python

This will fix that bug. It will not affect saved games so you can fix it and continue your games. You'll need to start from a save before the error occurred though.

I'll post this as a main download and update the mod download soon. I want to see if I can figure out the interface bug as well before I post things.

~~~~
Danukian

Thats the same error other people have gotten, gives me something to work with at least.... here's hoping

Good Luck!

I really liked what I saw of the mod, but I guess I'll have to wait until the bugs get worked out... oh, well - at least I know it wasn't just me now!

Danukian, or anyone else missing their interface, could one of you copy and give me your CvMainInterface python file, not from thomas war but from your copy of BTS

It would be in Beyond the Sword/Assets/Python/Screens

I have to see if for some unknown reason we have different versions of this file as the line thats giving the error is the same in thomas' war python and the bts base python on my computer.

Also, I need to ask, are you using any form of custom DLL or a version older than 3.13

Top Bottom