Welcome New Members

ive played the age of empires series for since it first came out. than last week i noticed the 3rd one was coming out i played the demo and was disapointed. suddenly i saw on the same site.... a new civilazation..... i was intreged, ive seen my girlfriend play civ 3 for hours on end but never really looked close at the game. after being disapointed by a game i love i started reading about the civ 4 sequal and i must say im hooked. the whole idea and game itself seems amazing to me and im scrating every penny i have to get the game... hell ill eat mcdonalds for lunch just because i can use the best buy bucks for this game.... so i just wanted to tell you guys you have a new groupie for the game even before its released. and a plus side for the addictions..... this weekend at least for me is daylight saving time.... that means a totally free extra hour for civ!!!!:goodjob:

basicly hi! :D

Hello, my first civilization game I got was Civilization 3. I got hooked and a few weeks ago I discovered this site and after awhile I joined. Also, I wanted to join so I can talk about Civ 4 which sadly doesn't come out for me at EB games 'till tomorrow.

Hello everybody, I am an avid Civ3 player, and I was introduced to the series when I saw Civ3 on a shelf at the local Target. See you all around!

I bought Civilization III about 2-3 years ago after hearing it mentioned in sooo many other game reviews. So, as I recall, I drove up to Wal*Mart and up my copy. At first I was shocked as I didn't expect such a... old looking game, if you will. Not to mention I was AWFUL at first. But after some practice and reading of the giant Civ instruction booklet I worked my way up Chieftain, Warlord, ect. I haven't played CivIII in a couple of months, but I can't wait for IV. I've held back playing Civ III so that the anticipation for IV is that much greater!

GreetZ, PeepZ. I saw the thread about mature gamers getting together to play MP Civ4 games in a spirit of sports(wo)manship, and decided that this is the place to call home when I'm playing Sid's games.

I played a lot of Civ1 and Civ2 back in the day ... Civ3 came out about the time I was noticing the world outside, and so didn't play it as much. Now I'm bored with the world, and it's time to game again. I've been in a fun-only UT clan for a year and a half, and also been playing Guild Wars in a major way (causing much sleep-deprivation, alas) for a few months. (And since I haven't scored a copy of Civ4 yet, I think I'm off to see Prince Rurik right now.) Civ4 looks like a great way to get back to my roots. The earth goes 'round the sun, tra-la, the earth goes 'round the sun ....

I expect my 7 year old son and I will play together on occasion.

:spear:

Hello all.

I've been playing Civ since Civ I and I have spent the equivalent of months doing so.

I like it. I like it alot. I wanna touch it. :crazyeye: :goodjob:

Hajimema****e , im new here. I am a student learning in Japan.Besides college works...off course i have bunch of time for civ !!!
I was introduced to civ by a friend of mine.Then i started playing civ2 on PS machine.I was totally addicted to it and when civ3 came out , i got a pc copy of it ( that time dont have in ps format , not sure even do it have now?? ) As expected it was so much fun where sometimes i spend whole night playing...
Now i cant wait to play the sequel...my sleepless night will come back...hola !!

Hey there.

Came to this forum last night, desperate for Civ4 news, and have pretty much been on constantly since (with the exception of a few hours sleep). While I may not get to play the game myself for a while yet (living in Europe and all that), I am prepared to live vicariously off other peoples' experiences of the game until I can get my own copy.

I have been playing Civ since the first game was released, and have lost an uncountable amount of time to this evil creation. Waiting for Civ4 is absolute torture.

Whao.. this takes me back.. I started play Civ1 when I was sixteen (I'm not 30) and my sister showed it me.. I spent the first week in my room playing for close to 20hours a day and have been hooked since.

I'm found this site in August while searching for Civ4 info and have been mostly lurking since.... though hopefully that will change.

Hi everyone! I discovered the Civilization Series with Civilization 2, which I started playing when I was about 10 - just playing about with it :) I really got into the Civ series with Civ 3, and i've been lurking around the forums and the main civfanatics site for months :D

Here in the UK and the rest of Europe it is absolute torture waiting for Civ 4 to come out, i've ordered it so hopefully I will get it ASAP, until then I will fanatically look at every bit of information I can get :crazyeye:

brummenstiegler said:
Can anyone tell me, how to customize the avatar?
You need to be on the site for 30 days and post 30 times for a custom avatar. I would suggest you go to this forum when you're ready and someone can whip up whatever you want. Mine is a Mistfit creation that recently added a White Sox hat. :p

Hello everyone,

I've been a Civ player since the start, I too have played the AoE series and Empire Earth games, but Civ always seems to appeal more to me. Perhaps as I gently reach mid 30s my reactions for the real time strategy games are not what they used to be, but playing Civilization, I have always felt more in control of everything.

Disappointed that we here in England have to wait another week to get down to some serious gaming again after the anti-climax of AoE III, but FM2006 is still very fresh!!!!

Look forward to meeting some of you online.

I just joined the site, though I have to admit to lurking here for about three years. I loved all the Mods and "how-To" posts. I made a mod to civ III without knowing much about computers except how to turn them on. I would check back every couple of days to see what new units were created and new graphics... then I lost my computer.

I got a new coputer last week and, just to check what was up got on civfanatics and:

OMG! CIV IV! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!
:eek:

I had no idea. Needless to say I have been obsessed ever since.

I have played CIV since one came out. I have only ever played a handfull of compuer games and CIV (in one version or another) has ALWAYS been on my computer. I have logged coutless hours building my worlds (and thanks to this site) MODding it to meet my ever increaseing GOD complex.

Thank you civfanatics for a haven for my kind!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My brother got Civ II somewhere in the mid 90's and and I got got a bunch of Sids other games later. So I Ordered Civ 4 from Amazon and have waiting ever since. I'm already a member of Hooked of Pirates so I joined this place to kill time.

I have Civ since civilization 2, but didnt really become a fanatic until civ3. I cant wait until civ 4 gets to my house on friday. Hopefully we can all discuss all the various aspects of the game together so that it is an evolutionary progress towards everyones greatness.

Hi All.

I have been playing Civ since Civ II, which I first tried at my friend's house in middle school. I've been hooked ever since. Recently we have been playing MP Conquests on the LAN at his house. It's a total blast.

I've been a member of the site for some time, but I mostly stuck to the downloads page, looking for Conquests scenarios. Now that Civ IV is out I plan to pay closer attention to the forums.

Started with Civ II (Playstation version), got hooked. Then Civ II for the PC, and CivIII through Conquest and now Civ IV.

Hello everyone!

Hello World.

I started the Civ saga starting with Civ DOS on a good ol' 16 MHz computer. It had Windows 3.1 on it, but why use Windows when you could use DOS?

I've watched CF for quite awhile now, but only recently created a user ID to respond to others' comments.

Top Bottom