Realism, Religion, City States, and TSL.

Ghonasiflaids

Warlord
Hi. I am editing the custom map 'Play the world', which is based on Gedemons Giant Earth map, which is based on Genghis Kai's giant earth map. Lol. I intend to do this for my personal enjoyment, and unless asked, I'm not publishing it.

Anyway, I am making it to where the game starts at 1000AD, all of the old world civ's start in the midevil era, and new world civs start in the ancient era. Major cities such as Shanghai, Mumbai, Barcelona, Baghdad, St. Petersburg, ect, are already placed (Even if its not historically accurate for 1000AD; each Civ starts with certain advantages, like Egypt begins with the Pyramids and great library, Spain begins with a Caravel Russia starts with 3 well spread out cities, a couple settlers, and a couple max upgraded scouts.

Some Civ's also start with some disadvantages. For example, England, although they start with a solid navy and a good midevil army, has to deal with advanced barbarians in Ireland, scotland, wales and cornwall; China, although they begin with the Great wall AND tercotta army, AND a very solid starter army, has to deal with a massive horde of Barbarian keshiks, barbarians, and swordsmen. The Iroquis, though they have the most free space to expand in the game, have to start from the antient era, and a swarm of barbarian Mohawk warriors littered around north america. Africa also has a massive amount of barbarian Elephant units and Jaguars (I felt it fit for the african jungles lol)

Now that I got that part out of the way, here's the part I'm having trouble with. I'm also trying to make the Religions TSL. I'm doing this by giving a profit to Arabia, India, China, Japan, Korea, Rome (Makes the most sense for christianity start point), Persia, Lhasa, and Jeruselem. Now, the problem is, I don't think the City states will found a religion. And the Civ's have to found a panthenon before founding a religion. I guess for the civ's with profits I could put in a bunch of religious buildings in their capitals, and wait for them to found their panthenon. But then how would I get the city states to found their religions? Since theirs no way to simply edit religions in the SDK, I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Is their perhaps some sort of mod that could help me? Do any of you guys have any solutions to this problem?

Hi. I am editing the custom map 'Play the world', which is based on Gedemons Giant Earth map, which is based on Genghis Kai's giant earth map. Lol. I intend to do this for my personal enjoyment, and unless asked, I'm not publishing it.

Anyway, I am making it to where the game starts at 1000AD, all of the old world civ's start in the midevil era, and new world civs start in the ancient era. Major cities such as Shanghai, Mumbai, Barcelona, Baghdad, St. Petersburg, ect, are already placed (Even if its not historically accurate for 1000AD; each Civ starts with certain advantages, like Egypt begins with the Pyramids and great library, Spain begins with a Caravel Russia starts with 3 well spread out cities, a couple settlers, and a couple max upgraded scouts.

Some Civ's also start with some disadvantages. For example, England, although they start with a solid navy and a good midevil army, has to deal with advanced barbarians in Ireland, scotland, wales and cornwall; China, although they begin with the Great wall AND tercotta army, AND a very solid starter army, has to deal with a massive horde of Barbarian keshiks, barbarians, and swordsmen. The Iroquis, though they have the most free space to expand in the game, have to start from the antient era, and a swarm of barbarian Mohawk warriors littered around north america. Africa also has a massive amount of barbarian Elephant units and Jaguars (I felt it fit for the african jungles lol)

Now that I got that part out of the way, here's the part I'm having trouble with. I'm also trying to make the Religions TSL. I'm doing this by giving a profit to Arabia, India, China, Japan, Korea, Rome (Makes the most sense for christianity start point), Persia, Lhasa, and Jeruselem. Now, the problem is, I don't think the City states will found a religion. And the Civ's have to found a panthenon before founding a religion. I guess for the civ's with profits I could put in a bunch of religious buildings in their capitals, and wait for them to found their panthenon. But then how would I get the city states to found their religions? Since theirs no way to simply edit religions in the SDK, I'm not sure if this is even possible.

Is their perhaps some sort of mod that could help me? Do any of you guys have any solutions to this problem?

Your first problem arises from the word 'realism' when you say the New World was in the ancient era in 1000AD and that Jaguars live in Africa.

Your religion problem sounds trickier. Is there a way to code in a set pantheon? Are you sure you can't found a religion with a great prophet prior to a pantheon? I don't think you can get a city state to operate like that though, you may have to live without them or dowload tibet and israel civ mods, just have a look on steam workshop.

Your first problem arises from the word 'realism' when you say the New World was in the ancient era in 1000AD and that Jaguars live in Africa.

Your religion problem sounds trickier. Is there a way to code in a set pantheon? Are you sure you can't found a religion with a great prophet prior to a pantheon? I don't think you can get a city state to operate like that though, you may have to live without them or dowload tibet and israel civ mods, just have a look on steam workshop.

I didn't mean 100% realism lol. And the Jaguars are sort of just representing tribal warriors.

The vatican CS is the hilly city for catolism in the into the renecanse scenario so I don't see any reason for it not to work, try to open that scenario file and figure out hiw they did it

The vatican CS is the hilly city for catolism in the into the renecanse scenario so I don't see any reason for it not to work, try to open that scenario file and figure out hiw they did it

Making a hilly city? Not that hard I would think.

Ok, so I found a happy medium here. I gave buddism to Sukothai, and downloaded the christian Schisms mod, and gave protestantism to Germany, Orthodox to Russia, and Catholisism to Italy.

But now I have another problem...Settlers don't work. I suspect it's because I enabled a certain part of cultral diffusion, so I'm gonna try and fix that.

Top Bottom