Not 6, not 4, not 2, but...

1 iron. I only get 1 iron resource from a city-state's mine. If you hover over it, it just says "iron" without any additional numbers, and that's what I got.

I guess it makes sense, as I did get a Faith Ruins this game, so my luck is probably already run out. I just never knew that you could get single strategic resources.

Iron don't come in stacks of one. I'm pretty sure if you look in game files, you'll see there are only two possible stacks of Iron: 2 or 6. Could it be you - or the CS? - was using one of them?

Actually, if you select Sparse for the resources in the advanced settings you can have strategics with only 1. If set to random, sparse is one possibility.

Ok I guess if you select "sparse" you'll have stack of 50 % of the normal values, and if you select "abundant" you'll have stacks of 150 % of the normal value then - because default values are 2 and 6 for Iron.

In my current game there are only 1 or 4 iron on a hex. I played the game on shuffle, so it might be sparse. Therefore I think sparse will result in 66% iron per hex. 66% of 2 iron will be rounded to 1.

I was on shuffle, so the sparse thing could be it. Makes sense.

Top Bottom