I have Vanilla and Warlords. Can I play Vanilla with Warlords CD?

Markus5

Code Monkey
I'd like to leave the Warlords CD in my PC and put the Vanilla CD in my laptop. Play Vanilla or Warlords at home and Vanilla on the road. Are the games really stuck to their CDs or am I missing something?

Thanks!

they are really stuck to the CDs. you have to have the right one in to play that version.

signed, someone whose drive often (including right now and for the past 15 attempts) doesn't like to recognize the fact that she's put the warlords cd in it. it's a new drive, my options at this point are to buy warlords again or stop playing it. i'm not sure which way i'm leaning. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I have noticed a number of games, with expansions, that will throw up a menu and let you select which one you want to play. At least we can get all the nations in one mix and pick the ones we want to hang out with.:)

signed, someone whose drive often (including right now and for the past 15 attempts) doesn't like to recognize the fact that she's put the warlords cd in it. it's a new drive, my options at this point are to buy warlords again or stop playing it. i'm not sure which way i'm leaning. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Try cleaning your CD. My CivIV CD is always in the drive, so it doesn't get dirty. But, sloppy me, I leave other CDs sitting around and they can get groaty and then wonky.

I have to wonder when companies will realize that requiring a CD doesn't really do anything to prevent piracy and it just makes life more difficult for legitimate users.

I purchased warlords, but have resorted to mounting a virtual image of the CD on my laptop so I don't have to carry my warlords disk with me wherever I go, and can instead leave it in my desktop computer's drive where it belongs.

Try cleaning your CD. My CivIV CD is always in the drive, so it doesn't get dirty. But, sloppy me, I leave other CDs sitting around and they can get groaty and then wonky.

that's the problem, i play both versions for SGs and HoF and to suit my mood. so i can't just leave "the CD" in there, since i have to swap back and forth between two versions. /sigh. thanks for the thought tho!

Oh gosh I feel for you. I have kids that are constantly goofing on my PC. Playing all manner of very loud, crude games-- or burning something or another. I put an extra CD ROM in. Just for my game. (civ) Its known as taboo. My game means- you touch it, you are one grounded little chore doin, dish washin, yard mowin, (NON- touching anymore) little boy. Never had a problem. Of course they have their own PCs, but they like to use mine for playing LAN stuff. Thats fine... but we know the taboo

Top Bottom