Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

is it possible to get my username changed? I would like it changed to demidyad if possible. Thank you.

But Shakey-Lo is so much better!

Thanks to all trying to help.

Yes I had started threads a long time ago, but something changed.
Sure there is the button "new thread" but the text field is disabled. I cannot type any text. So what is is good for to submit a thread without any text?

Is the problem permission related?

So, I found out.

As apparently nobody in forum had a similar problem as I, I tried with a different browser and it works.

This forum apparently does not support Internet Explorer 8. Very surprising.

Anyway, at least now we know.

@ ori
I did not find an option for clearing browser cache. There is delete browsing history. I tried this but it does not seem to help.

Does anyone use IE8 and the new thread option works?

:hmm: I don't usually use IE - but I am quite certain that it works (it does with IE 7 which is intalled on the machine I am posting from). Is java script enabled? Likely yes, but just checking. Your account permissions as far as moderators can see them are the same as for any other user who is not banned - so from the forum side you should be good to post new threads - but you can check easily by looking at the Posting rules box underneath the quick reply box - it will tell you whether you are allowed to post new threads.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

So permissions should be ok - thx for checking this.

Active Scripts is activated in my IE security settings for the internet zone- this forum is in the internet zone for me.

Ok, thanks to you guys!
So it must be something on my side. Anyway I'll have to use another browser for posting a new thread for now, which is no real problem.

Two of my posts vanished and I didnt get any moderator notices. What happened? (I dont think this is a PDMA because there was no moderator action that I know of.)

Did this happen in the "wierd news" threads to about 25 posts?

Did this happen in the "wierd news" threads to about 25 posts?

Yeah, I posted something about the spider. There was another post in another thread that I forgot. I thought that the database might have crashed for a few minutes and the last few posts went missing.

Question: Now that the cereal threads are moderators only is there a way to submit ideas for the thread titles. it would be nice if members could PM a mod their idea and then they put all the (appropiate) titles in a hat and pick one out.

Funny story - another site I've been on once IP-banned roughly an entire city (Tampa, Florida) just because of one guy. Also, I've got no problems with it, CFC even does it on individual bases which is fine.

IP bans aren't particularly effective, my city has 2 ISPS which each cycle IP addresses for all the residential customers in the city - and it's trivial to assign yourself a new IP address whenever you like.

A quick question; I don't know if it's been asked yet: what HTML tag do I use to put a strike line through a word? I've seen it a few times here and on other sites and don't know how to implement it.

A quick question; I don't know if it's been asked yet: what HTML tag do I use to put a strike line through a word? I've seen it a few times here and on other sites and don't know how to implement it.

You mean this: Out. ?

xxxxx[_/s] underscore added to show code

Top Bottom