research agreement didn't provide beakers and bulbing a GS gives strange error

Yeah, this was started with the new patch, but I have seen what I think is the same issue prior to the patch.

It didn't show as a fizzled RA, it was still listed in the active deals section of the deal history page 2 turns prior to resolution, as I couldn't remember when it would resolve and checked. RAs that fizzle due to an actual DOW move straight to the completed deals tab, IIRC.

It simply showed as normal, showed it had resolved as normal, but credited me with 0 beakers. I'll keep more of an eye out for it now, especially if RA partners denounce me.

I also had what I think was an issue with bulbing, but I don't have enough detail to be certain. I *think* I only received the sum of the previous 6 turns. I'm 99% certain I received less than the sum of the previous 8 turns. I've noticed that previously too, particularly on epic gamespeed, but put it down to beakers per turn increasing faster than I thought. Will attempt to keep an eye on that one too, and document it better.

i complained about his several times before i was told it wasnt a bug, per se. if you move from friends to denounced before it resolves you wont get anything from the RA but should still get your bpt. of course a DoW immediately ends it but you definitely need to keep RA partners at neutral/grey color to yield results. it's actually easy enough to test (and difficulty might play a factor in it, but im not 100% on that).

the bug part i do remember is the actual fizzle where you dont even get your own BPT that turn. you would go from 1581 beakers left for a tech to 1580 the next turn even though you had 500 bpt, meaning you only got 1 beaker for that RA. it was never resolved, iirc, something to do about not accommodating within the code to allow your bpt to happen. GnK effectively turned it from an abuse to 'dont even bother' mechanic. sometimes the power swings are too extreme, imo.

i complained about his several times before i was told it wasnt a bug, per se. if you move from friends to denounced before it resolves you wont get anything from the RA but should still get your bpt. of course a DoW immediately ends it but you definitely need to keep RA partners at neutral/grey color to yield results. it's actually easy enough to test (and difficulty might play a factor in it, but im not 100% on that).

the bug part i do remember is the actual fizzle where you dont even get your own BPT that turn. you would go from 1581 beakers left for a tech to 1580 the next turn even though you had 500 bpt, meaning you only got 1 beaker for that RA. it was never resolved, iirc, something to do about not accommodating within the code to allow your bpt to happen. GnK effectively turned it from an abuse to 'dont even bother' mechanic. sometimes the power swings are too extreme, imo.

Had this very thing happen to me today. Denounced, but not at war, and I want my beakers that I paid for! There is NO WAR, how can I possibly control when the AI chooses to denounce me?!

there are several subtle things with AI relations. if they bully a CS you need to let them get away with it. if you get allies with a CS they were allies with they will not like it. if you DoF their enemies or denounce/DoW their friends you will take a diplo hit with them. it helps to keep trading luxes with them as a disincentive, too. theres also the obvious stuff like settling near them or beating them to a wonder.

you can check every few turns with them and let the mouse hover over their status to see the red and green text explaining why that status is what it is. it's a lot of micromanagement but that's the game in a nutshell anyway.

there are several subtle things with AI relations. if they bully a CS you need to let them get away with it. if you get allies with a CS they were allies with they will not like it. if you DoF their enemies or denounce/DoW their friends you will take a diplo hit with them. it helps to keep trading luxes with them as a disincentive, too. theres also the obvious stuff like settling near them or beating them to a wonder.

you can check every few turns with them and let the mouse hover over their status to see the red and green text explaining why that status is what it is. it's a lot of micromanagement but that's the game in a nutshell anyway.

All true. But a relations breakdown isn't an excuse to get a single beaker this deep into Civ 5 development, especially when they made it so you needed a DOF to get one to begin with.

In my game btw, those civs had chosen order over freedom, and pretty well immediately denounced me.

Top Bottom