King Computer OP early game

MyImmortals

Chieftain
I used to play GvK on emporer and never had this problem but in BNW At either turn 64 with 7 units or turn 75 with 9 units the computer declares war on me and I have no chance at holding them off, I usually have about 3 units but 2 are out scouting and 1 is garrisoned.

I just had the horsehockytest game where Shaka attacked me for no reason I didnt even get my 2nd city down.

First game as Venice I had all my units in my second city (which was a CS in land, quite a bit far from my capital which was at the coast). Zulu attacked me pretty early, I managed to fend them off since they had to fight from a choke point. They came at me two more times when they eventually got Impis. They're toughs sons of es, and yeah, I would be very cautious if they're your neighbors.

King and OP? no offense but thats just Shaka throughout all difficulties... On Deity the amount of units is about doubled or tripled which is really nealry unkillable but 7 unts?...

If you see Shaka as your neighbour just trade him everything to rpevent him form attacking or go full out military production and kill them...

Thats a big issue tho as people dont seem to realize after a few games u still dont have all the tbinfs figured out and no way is KING of all difficulties OPOP

I have no idea how you are having difficulties with AI dowing you on king. I play on immortal and I almost never get dowed, even with warmongers all around me (Shaka, Sweden, ect). IMO, BNW made the AI go to war less than in GnK

Well Shaka is BRUTAL. I have yet to see a game where Zulus do poorly. In mine he seems to always manage to wipe out a civ pretty quickly.

Well what should I do when this happens, if a warmonger is my neighbour should I only build military units and a worker and skip buildings for the 1st 100 turns, do I send my warrior back to my capital?

Well what should I do when this happens, if a warmonger is my neighbour should I only build military units and a worker and skip buildings for the 1st 100 turns, do I send my warrior back to my capital?

Just get 3-4 comp bows early, or at least archers, as the AI's just tend to swarm you with units to take cities. They never really have a strategy, so it shouldn't be hard to fend them off. This really won't hinder your late game. With Shaka however, as soon as you seem him enter the medieval era, make sure you have a decent army of comp bows, because he will send a group of Impis at you if he is being aggressive enough.

You should know what you're neighbors UUs are, so you can properly fight them off if they DOW you.

I play on immortal and I almost never get dowed, even with warmongers all around me (Shaka, Sweden, ect). IMO, BNW made the AI go to war less than in GnK

I don't know why some people are having this experience, I get DoWd at least every other game I play :p I'm playing King/Emperor, trying to up my level. Maybe it's because I'm too slow at starting to make an army of my own.

Last time I had Shaka right up north from me in a corner, I knew he'd pounce on me sooner or later. If you're looking for a confirmation, he tends to first aggressively make an expansion close to your borders and then start creating his attack force. I immediately knew I had to focus on military units so I got a couple composites and swordsmen out. He thought better of it, and didn't attack, though I saw him dancing around my borders. But it was inevitable: he teched up a bit and came with longswords/impis/composites. I was barely able to beat him back. I had longswords and crossbows at that time, but only 5-6 units. Capital went down to 1/4th health. I took out enough of his cities to make him no longer a threat.

After that, I realized I was wayy behind everybody else in tech and econ and just about everything else. Nobody else was warring, and they didn't like me because I was :( I'm not sure if I could've recovered, I didn't try.

Shaka - nuff said.

I haven't been anywhere near him on my current game, as he's on a different continent, but everyone hates him for warmongering. It's 1900AD now and the whole world has just declared war on him. I've joined in and sent some subs to destroy his navy.

Top Bottom