Final Frontier...?

The game is kinda lacking here too, there is no future tech where you can get rid of the unhappiness and the sickness... I can't max out all my planets with people cause of this, there more ship units then they are good technology that helps increase both happiness and sickness. I think I have to edit the xml files to make sure it does just that.

We need an add-on to this game to enhance this game a bit, and make it more fun and stable.

3 sports arenas and 20% culture = 6 happiness = 12 pop
Temples are more expensive
you could have 6 of each (24 happy at 20%) in a system

Health just doesnt matter. You grow plenty anyway (18 pop without health buildings is np).

Pirates? turn off barbs in options

AI too stupid? change to the harder difficulty levels, prince (AI still not to smart) or monarch (AI gets a little smarter). Moving to the higher difficulty level in this mod is NOT like the civ games, it doesn't effect how long it takes to tech something, build something, etc - but only makes the AI smarter.

Scouts? on auto, they do bring you some results with finding goodie-huts/wreckages, but as soon as you've explored the area immediately around your first planet build for additional planets to expand on, just put them on auto and change to building Stealth Ships (comparatively, the change from scout to explorer in Civ). Additionally, as a prelude to attacking an AI, having several stealth ships INSIDE their borders destroying warplanes(roads) and killing construction ships is KEY to beating the AI on the higher difficulty levels.

Colony Hubs? Starbases do exactly that by using a construction ship; put them BETWEEN your established planets next to resources

Unhappiness and sickness? Discover the advocates (survival, wealth, knowledge, power, religion) and help get rid of that. As well, each of the "civs" seem to do better under different civics
(note that some of the civics which are GOOD in Civ, may not necessarily be good/do the same thing in Final Frontier)

BEST GUIDE and game/mod walk-through? http://gaming.download-warehouse.org/civ/

it doesn't effect how long it takes to tech something, build something, etc - but only makes the AI smarter.

This is silly. On higher levels the AI is not smarter, but just given more discount with the same level of stupidity.

Just started firing up Final Frontier today. Was very exited about it at first, but as time passed it became increasingly boresome. After reseaching nearly all of the techs possible, conquering a couple of systems and getting hold of a few resources, i asked myself, what now?
Final Frontier looks good, but sadly it could use some minor gameplay improvements to make it more playable.

Just started firing up Final Frontier today. Was very exited about it at first, but as time passed it became increasingly boresome. After reseaching nearly all of the techs possible, conquering a couple of systems and getting hold of a few resources, i asked myself, what now?
Final Frontier looks good, but sadly it could use some minor gameplay improvements to make it more playable.

First of all, this is a pretty old thread (from 2007!).

Second of all, this may not be quite what you're looking for, but I have a mod of Final Frontier called Final Frontier Plus that you may be interested in.

Or, you could elaborate on the kind of improvements you want in the mod's thread, and maybe I can work them into a future version.

Top Bottom