Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... Though I'm with the old version(1), I didn't see any sort of loyalty... Anywhere. I had it set to 2(loyalty from colonies and occupied cities). Also, I didn't see that the espionage buildings had any extra effect.

Shamelessly reposting as my days go ruined due to sore throat and I can't find any more strength to do anything other than forum spamming. It occurred to me, wouldn't it be good if colonization can be tied to techs? So that in the ancient era you can only have very small trade colonies (like Ionians etc.), which in time get better at resource extraction with various techs (civil service,biology so on), at the end they would turn into real settlements with high pops. Maybe a negative modifier to pop. growth or a pop cap can created, really don't know whether this is possible or feasible.

Is it possible to make it so that capturing a colonial city incurs in less (much less) warmonger penalty? That makes sense to me, both historical (meh, not that important in civ) and gameplay wise.

I don't know if you talked about this before but with claims could we use spies to fabricate claims on enemy cities and use that to either annex a city and start a war or maybe support an independence movement of that city so that it becomes a city state if there is room enough in terms of players not being maxed out. You could pull a Russia and have Crimea go independent and then annex it down the road. :)

Maybe a Casus Belli addition to this could work maybe a just war could significantly decrease warmongering penalties or even garner praise from AI nations.

Just a thought. What do you guys think?

Yeah... Though I'm with the old version(1), I didn't see any sort of loyalty... Anywhere. I had it set to 2(loyalty from colonies and occupied cities). Also, I didn't see that the espionage buildings had any extra effect.

I cannot support older versions. See below.

Is loyalty off by default? Didn't see it in the city screen.

No, it's on by default for occupied and colonial cities. See below.

Got a problem after updating to v3: the stats on the city screen and the city tiles are all screwed up. Well, I assume it's the update, because I had started a game with v2 and it was fine then I updated and now it's weird. Mods used.

Added a set of troubleshooting instructions to the OP.

Shamelessly reposting as my days go ruined due to sore throat and I can't find any more strength to do anything other than forum spamming. It occurred to me, wouldn't it be good if colonization can be tied to techs? So that in the ancient era you can only have very small trade colonies (like Ionians etc.), which in time get better at resource extraction with various techs (civil service,biology so on), at the end they would turn into real settlements with high pops. Maybe a negative modifier to pop. growth or a pop cap can created, really don't know whether this is possible or feasible.

Warmongering stuff is in the DLL, so not something I can freely mess around with.

I don't know if you talked about this before but with claims could we use spies to fabricate claims on enemy cities and use that to either annex a city and start a war or maybe support an independence movement of that city so that it becomes a city state if there is room enough in terms of players not being maxed out. You could pull a Russia and have Crimea go independent and then annex it down the road. :)

Maybe a Casus Belli addition to this could work maybe a just war could significantly decrease warmongering penalties or even garner praise from AI nations.

I had a working Claims system on major civs' cities in my head, but I couldn't get past how to represent it UI-wise. I may return to it one day, for sure.

I'm back with more bugs! But no logs because I forgot to enable it.

Expending a Great Admiral nets a TXT_KEY_NOTIFICATION, but everything still works proper.

I did not seem to get any extra food out of the Windmills.

Despite having the proper resources, I could not activate the "Set Up a Universities Funding Council" and "Request the Service of a Great Person."

The "Hold a Political Forum" decision requires a ridiculous number of dignitaries, I never saw it dip below 100.

Both the Supreme Court and the Court of Chancery (I believe) national wonders could be built without having their respective buildings in all cities.

As you noted before, I had a few TXT_KEY errors that were solved by not activating ExCE.

Never really got around to founding colonies or capturing cities so I've nothing to say about Loyalty, but I did see the AI founding colonies.

Aaaaand Westminster and Pena are still nonexistent on my end but that's because of a mod conflict it seems. I'll edit in my logs soon.

Despite the minor troubles the mod is very fun to play with, and I can't wait for Crimes and synergy with CSD.

Here are the logs for not having Loyalty in the city screen. Also I couldn't enact the Invite a great person decision even with 500 gold and a dignitary. The cultural great person decision works though. Running the latest version of the mod with EUI, E&D, CD, ExCE, EE, More luxuries/Pantheons, Historical religions and the Community Patch.

Attachments

• ccclogs.7z
    8.5 KB · Views: 121

I wouldn't have it automatically annex/city-statify it. I would just reduce warmonger penalties for annexing so that diplomatically-inclined civs can still go wild once in a while and not have everybody hate them for the rest of the game. I would also make capital cities immune to being claimed, for obvious reasons. ("Your capital? *yoink* My capital.")

I'm back with more bugs! But no logs because I forgot to enable it.

Expending a Great Admiral nets a TXT_KEY_NOTIFICATION, but everything still works proper.

I did not seem to get any extra food out of the Windmills.

Despite having the proper resources, I could not activate the "Set Up a Universities Funding Council" and "Request the Service of a Great Person."

The "Hold a Political Forum" decision requires a ridiculous number of dignitaries, I never saw it dip below 100.

Both the Supreme Court and the Court of Chancery (I believe) national wonders could be built without having their respective buildings in all cities.

As you noted before, I had a few TXT_KEY errors that were solved by not activating ExCE.

Never really got around to founding colonies or capturing cities so I've nothing to say about Loyalty, but I did see the AI founding colonies.

Aaaaand Westminster and Pena are still nonexistent on my end but that's because of a mod conflict it seems. I'll edit in my logs soon.

Despite the minor troubles the mod is very fun to play with, and I can't wait for Crimes and synergy with CSD.

Thanks, I've fixed a few of these for the next update. Issues with Supreme Court/Chancery will be related to the lack of Westminster, which'll be an incompatibility, as you said.

So should I not update my version?

JFD, did you implement the ideology specific decisions? I don't remember seeing them before.

JFD, did you implement the ideology specific decisions? I don't remember seeing them before.

I did see some of these, which reminds me!

I went Freedom and a decision that needed Autocracy appeared. In my next game, I went Autocracy and a different Autocracy decision appeared, something about a military parade. That one I was able to activate.

Next go I'll go Order and see if their decision also needs Autocracy.

Will the AI use the claims feature of the mod? And if they do, are they more likely to go for strong claims?

From what I've seen, they totally do use claims and it's infuriating. :mad:
They all seem to have been weak though.

No, their decision is organize soviets, which consumes all workers and takes gold but grants you a large sum of production.

Its useless, though.

Cant wait to try it all out! :aargh:

I am not sure if I got any free request tokens left after the fort-colonies but since you ask ;)
Ever when trade no longer existed in ExCEx I was kind of bummed out boring little Netherlands did not get any change after all. I was wondering if it makes sense giving them an economical boost (really could be anything, maybe even just GM points) for settling colonies, which in turn receive fewer citizens when settled. I am sure the reasoning behind this mechanic is clear.

Also maybe it makes sense that the amount of colonies in your empire increases the change of an extra traderoute slot. I like it for historical reasons since colonial empires from classical to modern times always have had a large focus on their trade traffic. But gameplay wise it is also just nice to have some hands free to develop far away colonies this way, either by inland traderoutes or using the money on the infrastrucure that you have to buy. Mostly I see it being benificial as a potential little push for people that don't like the idea of this mod resticting them (blasphemous!). I see a lot of people have a negative look on settling a colony instead of a city. Accompanying a (perceived) restriction with an addition stops people from thinking they are doing a step backwards I hope.

No, their decision is organize soviets, which consumes all workers and takes gold but grants you a large sum of production.

Its useless, though.

Hm, any thoughts on making it better? Is the production not enough? The gold too much? etc.

Cant wait to try it all out! :aargh:

I am not sure if I got any free request tokens left after the fort-colonies but since you ask ;)
Ever when trade no longer existed in ExCEx I was kind of bummed out boring little Netherlands did not get any change after all. I was wondering if it makes sense giving them an economical boost (really could be anything, maybe even just GM points) for settling colonies, which in turn receive fewer citizens when settled. I am sure the reasoning behind this mechanic is clear.

Also maybe it makes sense that the amount of colonies in your empire increases the change of an extra traderoute slot. I like it for historical reasons since colonial empires from classical to modern times always have had a large focus on their trade traffic. But gameplay wise it is also just nice to have some hands free to develop far away colonies this way, either by inland traderoutes or using the money on the infrastrucure that you have to buy. Mostly I see it being benificial as a potential little push for people that don't like the idea of this mod resticting them (blasphemous!). I see a lot of people have a negative look on settling a colony instead of a city. Accompanying a (perceived) restriction with an addition stops people from thinking they are doing a step backwards I hope.

I think I have an idea for the Netherlands! Thank you for suggesting. Will include in the next update.

Interesting idea, but I worry that it would imbalance the game. It's a shame that you couldn't give Trade Routes that could only be used domestically.

I do find it odd that there is such a negative outlook on colonies. I mean, you get all the benefits of a puppet (no policy cost increases, no worrying about building order, no national wonder issues, extra starting buildings/pop/tiles, etc.), whilst still retaining some control with the ability to purchase in them. What are people expecting from colonies if not for them to be restricted in some way? Or perhaps people do not like their playstyles challenged? :p

I do find it odd that there is such a negative outlook on colonies. I mean, you get all the benefits of a puppet (no policy cost increases, no worrying about building order, no national wonder issues, extra starting buildings/pop/tiles, etc.), whilst still retaining some control with the ability to purchase in them. What are people expecting from colonies if not for them to be restricted in some way? Or perhaps people do not like their playstyles challenged? :p

It's making assumptions about systems that we have yet to actually try. :p

@JFD: Ummm... Yeah. Consuming all of your workers before you build railroads isn't going to happen. But, I could be pursued to pay large sums of gold for extra happiness\ production in all cities, especially when you go order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom