I Want to Better My Art | Request Something!

Keniisu

YouTuber | Modder
I want to be better at my artwork or as the youngsters (Who am I kidding? I'm 14 :lol:) call it "Git Gud" so I'm opening a major request thread so I can get better at my Leaderscreen designs and other things. Hopefully I can get some requests for people's mods or hell, even just for the laugh requests. ;)

Anyways, here's my previous works.

Sulnate of Rum - Leaderscreen
Spoiler :

Margaret I of Denmark - Leaderscreen
Spoiler :

How about perhaps a King Alfred of Wessex? or Harald Fairhair of Norway? (Gratulerer med Dag)

Here's what I was trying to use as the background, I quite like it since it's near Athelney:
Spoiler :

In the spirit of working through the set of Patagonian civilizations... Jemmy Button of the Yaghans please?

How about Sebastião José de Carvalho e Melo, 1st Marquis of Pombal? The release of João II has filled me with determination to get him finished up. :p

Some reference images - I was actually half-considering looking for a higher-resolution copy of the second and just using that as the leaderscreen:
Spoiler :

That second image is a tailor-made leader scene; "See those ships? Watch yer tongue around me, gringo."

A big mac, please.
Well, honestly, I could ask for a LOT of things, but I'll start small.

I request a laughing Mona Lisa wearing Prada from 2551 riding a lizard of any kind (after all, I'm not picky) a daemonic leader screen!
If fantasy isn't possible, please do Cyrus the Great in a menacing pose.

Thank you!
Tried my best with Cyrus The Great. (Note: Not really menacingly posing. Sorry!)
Spoiler :

Uh. There's people on the background. Modern people. Not to mention the background is ruins, which ain't quite fitting for, you know, a builder.

You sure you tried your best?

Uh. There's people on the background. Modern people. Not to mention the background is ruins, which ain't quite fitting for, you know, a builder.

You sure you tried your best?

It took me 2 hours to make that and the thing is I usually work with drawn or modern references that are high-quality. For this I had to do it from scratch which made it a little hard...

Progress rather than perfection.

I am working on a mod. I started with kindergarten style drawings. After I finish the functionality of the mod, I will begin the artistic endeavor. Might release it with childish art anyway.

I use Photoshop, but the issue I had with the request leaderscreen was the "from scratch" part of it. I'm better at editing from an image then I am from purely using the Civ Leaders to make a leaderscreen.

I use Photoshop, but the issue I had with the request leaderscreen was the "from scratch" part of it. I'm better at editing from an image then I am from purely using the Civ Leaders to make a leaderscreen.

Well, the best way to improve would be by attempting such a leaderscreen. And the lack of reference isn't too bad. Just use parts from leaders like Nebby, Ashurbanipal, Darius, Alex etc. while putting them on any image that can help you get proportions straight,

Well, the best way to improve would be by attempting such a leaderscreen. And the lack of reference isn't too bad. Just use parts from leaders like Nebby, Ashurbanipal, Darius, Alex etc. while putting them on any image that can help you get proportions straight,
I'll take another dab at it. Hopefully it comes out better than before...

Here's a preview at the newer Cyrus The Great. Having some trouble with the face however :(

Well if anything you could use Civ IV Cyrus but it certainly isn't recommended:

Spoiler :

Could be workable given a proper re-scale and finishing the rest of the body. Sorta like how Mansa Musa was (presumably) done.

Used the Civ 4 Leader as a reference, here's the face and some more progress:

Top Bottom