Pls help: Best mods for a 'history simulator' game?

Hadron

Chieftain
I've been trying for 2 days to install enough mods to give Civ V a historical simulator, 'Rise of Mankind' feel, but things keep failing for me. I desperately hope you can recommend a set of tried and tested mod that work together so I can enjoy a few more 'perfect' Civ V games before VI comes out.

Thanks so much in advance, you're helping out a very tired and sad Civ fan!

What I have:
- Civ V complete edition on Steam, updated to latest patch.

What I'd consider important:
- Earth map with TSL
- Expanded eras with more stuff, such as Prehistoric Era Reborn and Future Worlds.
- A few mechanics mods that add realism, e.g. Health & Plague

Nice to have:
- 43 civs, my PC is beefy enough
- 'realism flavour' mods such as Civ Names by Policies and Cultural Diversity

Everything else is optional, but the more stuff the merrier (as long as it plays nice with the other mods).

Not to be my own advocate, but you might look into Cities in Development, Exploration Continued Expanded, and Rise to Power (each in my signature). These work together (better if you're not using EUI or the CBP), as well as with CulDiv, and add a lot of depth (not necessarily valid depth - that's up to you); including a health and plague system. I would recommend them with Enlightenment Era also. You will sacrifice the 43 civs, however, as you'll need the Community Patch (not to be mistaken for the Community Balance Patch, which you can use, but is not intended), but the intent behind them is to add historical ideas and concepts that are decidedly absent - slavery, colonization, state religion, mercenaries, crime, etc.

With these in combination, Sukritact's Events & Decisions is an immersive must, and my mods are generally designed with the intention that you'll be using it (at least the Decisions aspect).

If you feel that Great Generals and Great Admirals are realistically too robotic-like, you can try the Leadership Reformation. Community Patch is recommended if you want to use the full capacity of it, but other than that the mod diversify your Great General and Admirals through combat experience and unique promotions.

Thanks JFD, Enginseer. I'll give your suggestions a shot.

JFD, one more quick question. Do you know if your mods, and the others you recommended, will work with v24 of YnAEMP? So far, I'm finding that mods that add new resources don't work all that well with YnAEMP. Wheat and Cattle seem to go missing a lot (1 wheat in the whole GEM). I'm ok with less civs, but I really would like a 'real' map with TSL.

Top Bottom