PolyCast Episode 138: "That Was All a Lot of Nothing"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
What else is new. The one-hundred-and-thirty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "That Was All a Lot of Nothing", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Izzy "Izmir Stinger"; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m08s | Forum Talk
Looking back on, and the reaction to, the latest Civilization V patch released just before Christmas 2011.
- 06m36s | Miscellaneous
A collective enthuasiam for, concern cast or indifference towards not one but two sequels to XCOM: Enemy Unknown through publisher 2K Games.
- 11m54s | Senate
Converting forests into lots and lots of gold in Civilization IV, not wasting worker turns in CivIV and CivV, and getting too close for comfort -- so to speak -- in CivV.
- 44m10s | Open Mic
Responding to the call for feedback for the show's fifth season that received fifty-nine responses in total.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Giddiness sourcing, happiness for that which is lacking ever more, and now tweeting.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

- 44m10s | Open Mic
Responding to the call for feedback for the show's fifth season that received fifty-nine responses in total.

Sounds like nice feedback for another good season. Keep up the great work!

While there's a case to be made for all the regular co-hosts, it came down to Maki's long-standing and dedicated officiating efforts in the singing enforcement role for me. :band:

Sounds like nice feedback for another good season. Keep up the great work!
:king:

Thanks, Joel.

While there's a case to be made for all the regular co-hosts, it came down to Maki's long-standing and dedicated officiating efforts in the singing enforcement role for me. :band:
:lol:

Sounds like you enjoyed the episode too (pun intended for sure ;)).

In the title you put Polycast 138, but then you say in the description "one-hundred-and-thirty-sixth episode". Is that a mistake or some episodes don't count? I'm new to Polycast.

In the title you put Polycast 138, but then you say in the description "one-hundred-and-thirty-sixth episode". Is that a mistake or some episodes don't count?
:o -- good catch. The description was in error... corrected.

I'm new to Polycast.
Greetings, new listener. Hope you enjoyed this episode. :)

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about the show? From the news items on CFC or..?

:o -- good catch. The description was in error... corrected.

Greetings, new listener. Hope you enjoyed this episode. :)

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about the show? From the news items on CFC or..?

I found it from CFC front page. I may not be exactly new since I have been listening here and there for a few months. I just don't listen regularly and sometimes just listen to one part of the show that interests me.

I found it from CFC front page. I may not be exactly new since I have been listening here and there for a few months. I just don't listen regularly and sometimes just listen to one part of the show that interests me.
Fair enough. Appreciate your being a recurring listener!

Top Bottom