Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Public Beta

edit; german UU requires merc army, which is an SP which only works for one civilization? dramatic changes indeed...It seems to remove some of the freedom in SP choice

Thanks for the chance of some input...back to bug hunting...

This is no longer the German UU, it's available to everyone.

The source was not updated. We'll send it up with tomorrow's beta update.

Strange. They updated for me (and others too, we were discussing this in the Creation & Customization forums). :confused:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    58.7 KB · Views: 199
Strange. They updated for me (and others too, we were discussing this in the Creation & Customization forums). :confused:

We'll check into it. Both Shaun and I thought the build system ignored that step on the last build, but perhaps not. =)

Dennis,
What happens to the buildings that are normally destroyed during a city conquest, with the new tourism reductions to unrest time and population loss? Hopefully the percentage of buildings lost is also reduced with increasing tourism influence?

My concern with the change is that having high tourism could actually make a domination victory harder, because conquered cities would cause more unhappiness than they otherwise would. If conquered cities ALSO lose their colosseums and such, that would make the happiness even harder to deal with. Furthermore, having high tourism would also mean that it takes longer to raze a city. It's still generally nice to conquer a functional city, especially when it's a capital, but I might potentially have to think twice about building up my tourism if I'm going domination, and that seems weird to me. It's hard to say without play-testing it how that dynamic would work, but I thought it was worth considering.

Continued my game as Japan, found out that Samurai cannot improve oil resources. Good call if intended.

We'll check into it. Both Shaun and I thought the build system ignored that step on the last build, but perhaps not. =)

Is Commerce getting a new finisher?

Also, in terms of balance, I took a play through and cannot say I found the Samurai's UA underwhelming. By the time Longswords come into play, I had other uses for them, and zip to improve!

It would be better if sea resources with a boat gave +1 hammers as well. Then at least Japan would not be an AI sitting duck at any rate.

I ran into an old bug that was patched out awhile ago (I thought).

I received a notification that Babylon was protecting a City State I met (not same turn, maybe 1 or 2 turns later) -- and I had not yet met Babylon.

Could you please post a relevant save (and screenshot, if possible) in this thread?

Tried out the beta patch as Germany. I'm popping a noticeable increase in units from barb camps but I keep getting a notification that I received a unit from a camp I took out many turns back. It was also a city state quest if that matters.

Attachments

• 2013-10-02_00005.jpg
    2013-10-02_00005.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 2013-10-02_00002.jpg
    2013-10-02_00002.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 2013-10-02_00006.jpg
    2013-10-02_00006.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 149
  • QuickSave.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Noticed the city banners are framed in golden trim rather than silver. IMHO this should apply only during golden age. OK, it's really minor, but found nothing new so far with the beta... and also
I don't know whether it's something new with the beta, because it's my first time as the Germans.

Do I understand correctly it would be possible to add own music for our new civ mods?

I would be happy if they add characters for more languages. Rendered fonts are horrible. It was possible to make own dds files with fonts but since G&K it's not working.

Its just came to me, but there is no mention about university and wat reformation combo.
I guess unstoppable HOLY KOREAN EMPIRE is still a thing.:scan:

A minor bug

I had not yet met all civs when the congress was formed, so when it was, I met all the remaining civs (About 6 of them)

The first one to show up was babylon. And one of his ambient sfx are the flames in the background.
As the next few civs show up one after the other, the "flame" sfx continued playing (This was for Venice, Indonesia, Zulu, etc)

Once all the diplomatic sequences finished and we went back to normal gameplay, the sfx stopped as per normal

Its just came to me, but there is no mention about university and wat reformation combo.
I guess unstoppable HOLY KOREAN EMPIRE is still a thing.:scan:

This was fixed a while ago (also, it's Siam that has the Wats :p)

No its not, and any civ can buy wats and universities with faith. havent tried this in beta though.

Uh, that's not how it works in my CiV...

yes, the university/wat combo bug got fixed in the last hotfix, weeks ago.

only if you're running mods or didn't update it would that be an issue. Or if the Mac side didn't get updated.

Well I played a game as Poland after the hotfix and wats still showed up with the rest of the purchasable science buildings.

Top Bottom