NEW PATCH - December 19

Being a SP player I can only say "What a disappointment!". I know I wasn't promised more but All I get from this patch is that I don't have sto sort save games by age myself anymore...

Is CiV really dead..?

\Skodkim

i feel the same civilzation 5 is a game that is more made for single player certain units and thraits of civilization are only good at single player look at the bazar. overpowered france,korea thraiths, greece,germany useless ability in multiplayer and so on...

And the game has more major problems then multiplayer like diplomacy and the combat AI in single player. FIx single player first then fix multiplayer.
The core problem about the game isn't fixed and its over a year now!!!!!!

I going back to civ 4 I thinx I dont see any hope that this game is going to be fixed.

September, october, november and 2/3 of december...and that is all we get?

Good job, Firaxis
/"clap clap clap"

Is CiV really dead..?\Skodkim

Facepalm. Sorry, but I can't hear it any more!

OK, this patch was not yours. Mine nither!

But why should this be an indication, that CiV is dead?
Sure, the change-list is not two pages long. But do you know, who difficult it might have been to find and correct all these MP issues?

I don't play MP and therefore never will see, if it is improved "significant". But *if* they fixed it successfully, thousands of MP-players will be cheerfull and CiV is more alive than ever for *them*.

I say: Guys, have fun with your MP-patch!

September, october, november and 2/3 of december...and that is all we get?

Good job, Firaxis
/"clap clap clap"

I am starting to thinx firaxis doesn't have the people (programmers) to fix this game. :(

those DLC's are a good sign that they want to milk tme maximum out of civilization 5 because they know they failed...

Isn't it obvious ? They never used DLC's. Same happend to command and conquer

I was looking for a different word than Pathetic to describe this patch. Thanks Thesaurus!

Commiserable, deplorable, distressing, feeble, heartbreaking, heartrending, inadequate, lamentable, meager, melting, miserable, paltry, petty, piteous, pitiable, pitiful, poor, puny, rueful, useless, woeful, worthless, wretched

Well, that's a tad disappointing. I guess we all hyped ourselves for something spectacular. But this is...nice.

Well this was a complete PR fail.

How come they didn't post the patch notes last week before the released the patch?

Why did they include no single-player fixes at all?

How come 2K Greg didn't post any updates at all and I found out about this patch because of awesome forumers? :(

Oh welp.

This is quite disappointing.
Did I waited 4 months for this rubbish?
I don't play much multiplayer.
I hope that the DLC will be better.
I doubt that they will release it before New Year.
I hope for an big DLC pack,consisting out of more then 2 civs,some wonders,buildings...

All in all, I'm rather underwhelmed. So many people of the forum asked for a bit more interface functionality, stuff like game settings being remembered, negotiation windows being more accessible... stuff that probably wouldn't even be difficult to realize, but no... not happening, only a couple of freak faults have been addressed.[/QUOTE]

Or a friggin clock without having to use a mod...

Oh, well. The patch list wasn't as huge as I thought it was going to be. At least, multiplayer (which I don't play) got some fixes, as well as bugs in general. Good news for those who play multiplayer. :)

However, I'm afraid that these days, posts saying that ''Civ5 is hopeless'' will increase by around 125%...

Surprising that turnbased multiplayer hasnt showed up in this patch. Seems like the clickfest is fine with most players. Not with me though... Too bad.

Hopefully the turns move faster in multiplayer when I actually get to play it. If they do than this is the patch I've been waiting for.

Does this break mods? Specifically VEM and CivWillard?

Good question. I hope not, but who know.
But 76MB of Patch looks great, but the Stuff reported:eek:
Ok MP needs more than that.

I hope the next (free) patch will improve the diplomacy and AI behaviour. It kind of destroys the single player experience for me. Every game feels like the same IMO.
I mean you can change your leader and stuff but it is NOT that big of a difference.
:D
This whole game is like eyecandy and stuff, looks nice but it lacks of depth and complexity, which would increase its replay value.

The first few games were amazing (like 100h gameplay) but in the moment there is no reason to keep playing it. The graphics and music is awsome, but yeah, that was it.

But hey at least i can now load the last savegame instead of switching, searching and loading.
:D:goodjob:

Top Bottom