Black Tiles in game

SpainFanatic07

Chieftain
I am experiancing black tiles when I play Civilization 5 single player game. It usually occurs when I am discovering new areas on the map that has the fog of war and I cannot seem to figure out why this is happening. I am running two 560ti graphic cards and an i5-760 cpu. I dont think it is my system because I play other graphic demanding games and Civ 5 is the only one having any issues. Is there a known issue with it? or is there anyone else that is experiacing the same problem? If so, what can i do to solve the issue? It doesnt really affect my game's performance, but it is an eye sore.

Have you checked to see if there is a newer video driver out?

All my video drivers are all up to date and I am still having that issue. Anyone have any idea what might be causing it?

There could also be some corrupted files. May need to varify local cache in steam. If that is not the problem, then you will have to wait until firaxes sorts out the issues with the latest patch.

Bumpity Bump.

I'll keep testing, but I was so far able to eliminate the black tiles in my own game by disabling SLI. The framerate suffers, naturally, so I'm not sure I'll be able to keep running it that way.

It's a shame. I would really like to keep playing the Civ franchise, but I'm shocked that this issue still exists two years after release.

I'm running a pair of GTX 275s, for reference.

2013 and still now fix because firaxis is not intressted in updateing the game correct... ok one more companies I won't buy stuff from anymore.

Top Bottom